It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do A Lot of Christians Believe Christ will Return as a Man again?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was wondering, is that a common belief? That Christ will return in human form again (be born, grow up as a man).?

I ask because when I hear people who claim to be Christ, like Ra-el, and others, I wonder why anybody would follow them into the kitchen, must less follow them.

Nowhere does the bible show He will be born as a baby in human form, and grow up again to an adult in human form.

He did that, He's not doing it twice.
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirPaulMuaddib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I agree and don't know any Christians who believe that. Like you said, the Bible makes it extremely clear His second coming will be nothing like His first and He will not be returning as a human being with a normal life again.

Anytime I hear the predictions that Jesus will return as a mortal, grow up as a man, have a family, etc., it is never coming from a Christian.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirPaulMuaddib
I was wondering, is that a common belief? That Christ will return in human form again (be born, grow up as a man).?

I ask because when I hear people who claim to be Christ, like Ra-el, and others, I wonder why anybody would follow them into the kitchen, must less follow them.

Nowhere does the bible show He will be born as a baby in human form, and grow up again to an adult in human form.

He did that, He's not doing it twice

Well actually, christians believe Jesus existed before he became a man. So, somehow he existed, then he was implanted in Mary's uterus and was born in our world, then he died, and now he exists again in some way or another because he resurrected. It's confusing. Anyways, they believe he will appear in the sky at the trumpet sound of an angel and will gather all believers to himself in the sky.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The bible is very specific on how Christ will return to earth, it's in the same manner as His ascension.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good Points

S&F

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Christ is a state of Being, so for Christ to Return he would first be a Man!

I know who he is!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Very interested in how he will return, even though I personally don't believe in him.

Either he is real, and will return as the Bible says, or he is not real, and someone in high power will create him and seize control of most of the planet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
He left as a grown man, going up or being taken up into the heavens/sky. I think the sky sort of opened up into another dimension of heaven though. Not that he went into space. I think he was taken into another dimension which is always around us, but we can't see it. It might be a bit above us, or it might appear that he went into the sky. For him, going up into the sky was probably as easy as it would be for you to walk to a doorway and enter or exist.

He left as a man and the angels said as he was taken up, so he would appear again in like manner. Or he would appear in the sky and come back down. So the sky will open up or reveal the other dimension of heaven, and we will look and see him coming back to us. I don't think he is very far from us. The heavenly dimension may be very close to us at all times, only we can't see into it or experience. But they can look out of it to see us.

We are like paintings hanging on a wall. We can only see what is in our frames. The other dimension are like the people walking around looking into each frame. From their point of view there is more to see. They can look into each frame and see a different view, maybe the past, present and future. But we can only see what is around us.

I had a dream like this once. I was walking around in what I thought was a mall. I noticed that the displays in front of each store looked like winter scenes, summer scenes, christmas scenes and various scenes. I noticed the people in the store were not leaving and didn't seem to see me. I could look into each store and see people and when I entered I could interact with them, but they didn't seem to be able to leave their surroundings. I realized then that each store was like another dimension. I could leave and enter any one I wanted to.

The mall itself was sort of a world between worlds. It was the interface used to access each world.
It was a pretty cool dream. I could leave one store and bring items from that store into another store/world. To them my appearance was like magic, but it was very easy to travel around for me. So I could grab food or items from one area to bring to another area for people who needed them. I didn't think it was difficult at all to do this, but it was like magic for the people.

But beware because I do think that someone has the technology to use holograms to make themselves appear to do these very things. A great deceiver will appear first. He may seem to come out of the sky or do miracles. But we are told a deceiver will come, and he will come before the true Christ. He will seem to bring peace to the world, but it will come with a price.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Jesus Christ's return will be when everyone realizes THEY are Jesus Christ.

The Age of Aquarius....when we will Judge the living and dead....who screwed the world up for us with pollution, greed, financial robbery, and even destroyed the Human DNA.

WE will be the Judges. For if we don't do it now....there are a few men on Earth with the technology for THEM to become God's and do their own Judging...deciding who lives and who dies.

That's the Great Battle. Right now humankind is losing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Very interested in how he will return, even though I personally don't believe in him.

Either he is real, and will return as the Bible says, or he is not real, and someone in high power will create him and seize control of most of the planet.

Bible scholar Joel Rosenberg has a third theory.
many Muslims believe that their 'messiah' Al-Mahdi will rise soon and Issa bin-Maryam (Jesus, son of Mary) will 'return' from heaven (he never died) to be Al-Mahdi's aide.
according to Rosenberg, these two will be the anti-Christ and the False Prophet of Bible prophecy.

www.666soon.com...

"The important element here that needs to be stressed is that Jesus will then pray behind the Mahdi as a direct statement regarding Jesus’ inferiority of rank to the Mahdi.

Jesus Christ will decline the offer and invitation of Imam Mahdi to come and lead the Muslims in prayer, and say his prayer behind Imam Mahdi. 4

Jesus (peace be upon him) will come and will perform the obligatory prayers behind the Mahdi and follow him."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Acts 1:11

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Acts 1:11

Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Exactly, every God who descends here needs to first be born a man, grow up and then start to cultivate and finally become enlightened and rise up into the sky. This idea encompasses all religions and all Buddhas, Gods or Daos.

All Gods must first start out as ordinary people and become better and better people and finally reach consummation at the end of their lives. So look for Jesus among the people and not in the sky Acts says.

Because when he the Son-of-Man(this is Elijah of course and not Jesus - this is very clear in the bible) seen in the sky time is up so use time well and find the right way before too late.

Since these times are the endtimes, in my humble opinion, Jesus must be present among us, as a man of flesh and blood and he is bound to cultivate in order to ascend again. Did Jesus not take on the sins of a big number of people? Did he not have to descend to hell after death because of all the sins he brought on himself from these people? Religion says so.

What about the flash lightning in the sky? That will happen at Judgment Day, when Jesus and all the other disciples that have cultivated well and consummated will rise up again. BUT they will all look like ordinary people before that happens.

So the big question is: Who is Elijah? In the bible it is said he will come before Jesus and turn the hearts of people good again and make everything right again.

E-Li-Jah means "A group of Gods-Li-God"; Lord of Lords "Li", that means in actuality. Who is called Li in this world today and which Li has spread a spiritual teaching with global impact(100 million practitioners in seven years) during these days? And which spiritual group of people is persecuted by "the great red dragon" of the bible?

Yes, Falun Dafa is the name and the great red dragon of Revelation is of course the(on the surface) mighty Chinese Communist Party.

There is just one such man in this world today and he is called Li Hongzhi and his teachings are Falun Dafa cultivation.

Falun Dafa(Law Wheel Great Way) has been prophesied by every orthodox prophet since ancient times. Li Hongzhi comes from the east( just like predicted), Falun Dafa uses a "Falun" emblem - law wheel - described in the Bible and Buddhism, he spreads a teaching of mind and body cultivation and his teachings have three(like the three wise men of the bible) main foundations - Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life.

All religions have merely been a preparation for Falun Dafa´s arrival.

Whoever can enlighten will enlighten and improve himself rapidly and gain back all his inborn powers(supernormal powers are inborn powers) by this unique cultivation method.

Just my two cents at my current wisdom level, no truth whatsoever is offered.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Christ returns as yourself.

Figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The truth of this matter is that Jesus himself warns us many times not to believe anybody claiming to be him in the flesh because quite simply when Jesus does return we will all be transformed into our spiritual bodies in the twinkling of an eye.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Jesus will supposedly return riding a horse from Heaven but I always wondered.....what if he was a man living again as a mortal, going through many hardships (perhaps lack of money, friendships, depression sufferer, homeless, never been in a relationship, whatever hardships you can think of for mortal man in modern times, just take your pick) and then realises his true potential at a certain age and becomes the true Messiah?

Who knows but that was always interesting to me and I have no idea how or why that scenario came to mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Jesus will supposedly return riding a horse from Heaven but I always wondered.....what if he was a man living again as a mortal, going through many hardships (perhaps lack of money, friendships, depression sufferer, homeless, never been in a relationship, whatever hardships you can think of for mortal man in modern times, just take your pick) and then realises his true potential at a certain age and becomes the true Messiah?

Who knows but that was always interesting to me and I have no idea how or why that scenario came to mind.

I tell you what, I believe there is truth in what you say.

Since Jesus took on all those sins from other people must he not suffer in his next lifetime? And yes, reincarnation is included in the Bible, it is just modern church that interprets the bible in their "politically correct" ways(ie when Jesus says: "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.' That means people in those days did not have the right method to cultivate themselves so they could reach the paradise by cultivation until they reincarnated over again until they found the right method to cultivate up to the heavens. And that is why everyone had to wait for Elijah´s arrival.)

And the key for Jesus to rise himself up from the big dye vat of modern society is to find the right cultivation way from the east(the future kings of the earth will come from the east says Revelation).

I believe that cultivation way is called Falun Dafa(based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) and that is the reason it has spread all over the world in no time during these end times.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Jesus will supposedly return riding a horse from Heaven ...

I remember my Grandmother telling me when I was little that he will come back on a cloud. She wasn't happy with my little brother's jokes about "Monkey Magic".

If he returns the same way he left, could it be a spaceship?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there are many Sons of G-d on this planet right now. But if Christ returns as a Man, that may well be plausible. I love stories. Just tell me the ending will be a happy one.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
I'm sure there are many Sons of G-d on this planet right now. But if Christ returns as a Man, that may well be plausible. I love stories. Just tell me the ending will be a happy one.

He who has an open and positive mind will be able to see light in the future, that is my firm belief. Yes, wicked people will be weeded out and it will not be pretty. But good people will remain so that is why it is good idea to assimilate oneself to the cosmic characteristic of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

And all the "supernormal" powers of religions are easily explained as inborn human powers and can be developed by any person if he sets his mind to it and cultivate his body and mind. That is why the eastern religions say that any man can become a God and develop supernormal powers while he is living as a human being.

Many people spoke about black magic, none spoke about "white magic" which in my humble opinion is vastly more powerful and infinitely more righteous. It is just that such people are extremely good people and never show off these powers for others, because they know they must be kept secret. That does not mean these powers do not exist.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

He did that, He's not doing it twice.
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirPaulMuaddib because: (no reason given)

He never died. He will return as he was when he left. No need to grow up; he's grown up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join