It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns U.S. on South China Sea Disputes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The Chinese vice foreign minister warned the United States on Wednesday to stay out of the increasingly tense territorial disputes and maritime conflicts in the South China Sea, which has some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world and is believed to be rich in oil and natural gas reserves.

The tension continues over the South China Sea, and finnaly the Chinese are telling the Americans to mind their own business....and I agree! This is a dispute between many nations in Asia, and I don't believe that it's any of the US's business to play any sort of role in this situation.

With the Chinese Military drills being conducted in the SCS and many other nations ramping up alert status' for their own military, I see this as a potential powder-keg that could blow at any time, and it's best we stay out of it.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said last year that the United States had a “national interest” in the South China Sea and could facilitate talks, worrying China that it was going to step into the territorial rivalry.

Of course we have an interest in the area if it has untapped resources! Gas, oil and control over the shipping lanes would make the country in charge of those resources quite powerful and rich.

He added, “I believe the individual countries are actually playing with fire, and I hope the fire will not be drawn to the United States.”

In my opinion he made it quite clear to the US. Stay out of Chinese business or get burnt, you have been warned! Considering that we Americans have a problem minding our business and taking a hint, we could possibly see some trouble ahead. I hope not.

NY Times

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is the third time this has been posted ^^

FIRST POSTED BY ME

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SECOND POSTED JUST A LITTLE EARLIER THAN YOURS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
We tend to help out the smaller nations that the Chinese can easily bully, I'm ok with that. Hell, even communist Vietnam is having a maritime boarder dispute with the chinese.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I do apologize. The search did not bring up anything on this subject.

Thanks

top topics

join