It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who out there is growing a garden? If not WHY?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

ATS sparked my interest in gardening. some great threads archived, very helpful. got a few cheap used books off eBay. learned home gardening is a long time form of rebellion for some and i dig that mindset.

my attempts have failed, but i replant. if the world keeps spinning i'll learn more and in time something has to grow. The Garden State is very soggy and not so sunny this year. -sigh- Maybe i should become a duck farmer.

as a past co-worker pointed out to me long ago: "People don't retire to New Jersey".

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I work 6 days a week, 10 hours a day and have 3 kids. Those who say they don't have time, I say you can find time.

I'm worried now that I won't be able to keep up with the harvest and canning.

This should put a nice dent in my families grocery bill. I have all that growing in a small suburban back yard. I also have a pretty big kids swing set and fort and a swimming pool back there. So if you plan out your space right you can get a lot of food from a small plot.
edit on 22-6-2011 by leemachino because: added statement

edit on 22-6-2011 by leemachino because: (no reason given)

That the way to go.. cheer for YOU! ANYONE can make time if they want to!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I grow a decent garden each year ( about 40' x 75') and have 6 fruit tree's.

This fall (around Sept.) we will be getting a few pigs, goats and chickens.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Are you me? Haha, 3 kids, work full-time, suburban lot. Even down to the swingset! Finding time on the weekends to do food savings can be tough. I've recently started doing more dehydrating, as it's a little more simple of a method, and saves me some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join