TEPCO : We won't do what is necessary because it's too expensive, will hurt stock price

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Why is anyone surprised? All our problems could be solved easily if it were not for the need of money and profit. We have the technology, resources, etc. to make this a better world for all mankind. Unfortunately our need to borrow to create money keeps it all from all of us.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

Really? Well I happen to know that bentonite cement could be pumped underneath the entire reactor after the underlying area was drilled out if they wanted to. That would probably be sufficient to halt the reactions and to stop the melting of the fuel rods, in addition to sealing the tops off with bentonite as well. To say that there's nothing left they can do is a load of crap and you know it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wouldn't say hang them but if they are so concerned with money than they should be fined. Hit them hard in the pockbooks. If they can risk causing harm to others than there should be concequences. This type of thinking;profit over people is just plain sicK!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sorry, but this sounds like a load of horse manure to me. Not even that moron Gunderson doesnt think the fuel rods have broken out of thier primary containment.
edit on 22-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

Heard of Caltech?

A post I made in the mega thread that has been overlooked due to petty bickering that Broke out jet after I made the entry driving it several pages back very quickly:

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
There couldn't have been a better series of posts as a segue into a promise I made in this post unless I had written them myself. I ran into an assessment by Caltech quite come time ago and I am almost certian I linked it in this thread, on the off chance I have not, here it is:

LINK ********Direct link to 10 MB .pdf*********

Here is some of what can be found in the document linked above:

Since we now had 3 melt-throughs(and here I thought a meltdown was bad) admitted, we know for a fact that there has been ongoing recriticality in at least three locations; R1, R2, and R4, I think R3's innards have been scattered to the winds.

"Ballooning and relocation of fuel" and "Rupture of cladding-->releasing (fuel pellet) FP gases and fuel" are pretty clear and absolute statements that tell us that the Elvis has indeed left the building.

2700c?!?! Holy smokes that's HOT! So not only do we have hydrogen being produced, but it is also creating heat concurrently with the hydrogen/nuclear fuel gas. All of that hydrogen has to go somewhere:

Fill 'er up.

"Damage to turbine building roof may be associated with building fragments or equipment hurled out of refueling bay" sounds quite a bit like what Silverlok has been saying.

"Concrete beams and panels below refueling deck damaged" tells me that the spent fuel pool, dryer seperater storage pool, and the skimmer tank are no longer coherent structures.

Let's look closer at the explosion event:

I have to admit that some of this is a bit beyond me, but I hope SFA may be able to help with some of the more technical portions of this, but I can say that since we are likely looking at several discrete yet nearly simultaneous explosive events, more data can only help bring us closer to a better understanding of what has transpired.

If for nothing else, then for whatever contribution we may give to the world through this tiny little bit of cyberspace.

Looking at this design doc:

source

that shows the General Arrangement of the reactor buildings, we see the reactor centered long ways and offset toward the turbine building short ways.

Add that to this:

The yellow rectangle indicating the building that the torus runs into, while the red cericle indicates the approximate position of the reactor. If you look to the left of the reactor building on the ground you will see a lot of debris that is consistent with the roof girders.

This tells me that when the roof settled down it also slumped in that direction as well as falling down. That would account for the hole we are seeing lined up to the left ot where I have indicated the location of the reactor to be.

Looking finally at this image:

If we have that blob of melted corium hitting water in the bottom of the concrete basemat that was present due to damage in the structure very shortly after the hydrogen does its Deflagration to Detonation Transition (as mentioned in the technical image I posted) the concrete plug placed atop the reactor well would have been pulverized by the shock-wave releasing yet more pressurized hydrogen.

Corium+water+hydrogen DDT=500m tall column of radioactive cloud of death.

What do y'all think?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It never fails "money rules the world" or "money talks and bull #@&% walks
well watch what they do when there are no more people to buy stock or they die themselves because an underground bunker was "too expensive"

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok while the report is a secondary source it is an intelligent person and alot of what they say IS confirmed (eventually) by TEPCO. The report confirms what ATS posters have been talking about for weeks:

3 Reactors HAVE melted through.
The concrete containment WAS cracked sometime during the EQ/Tsunami/Explosions
The water and/or molten fuel in the containment IS leaking into the groundwater
TEPCO are A-holes

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ha human stupidity again...
When their families will suffer of cancer, maybe they will think about save lives, and not price or money or other thing.
So it's too expensive huh ? AND WHAT ? Is it too expensive to save lives ? You had the money to build nuclear facilities, now you can repair no ?
Oh no they don't have planned that. Oh no, they don't have planned that there is heavy seismic risk, and build nuclear facilities on intersection of three tectonic plates is dangerous...no they don''t have money...and Japanese govt doesn't exist of course.
So, they just know what they learned like CH3COOH + H20=CH3COO- + H3O+ ? Seriously, they are just turning around. I'm disgusted.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Where's the U,N. ? It's fine if we're invading some third world country, "protecting the innocent" from dictators, but what about when a private company is killing millions? Where the hell is the Japanese govt? Apparently, stock prices are more important than people. Of course, we already knew that didn't we?

welcome to the american way... two wars fought for oil. In this fourth estate money is more important than people....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Oh the other thing I wanted to mention is that any current actions CANNOT affect TEPCO share price. Why? because trading in tepco shares was suspended a couple of months ago after they lost over 80% of their value. And not long after a mystery hidden consortium seems to have snapped up 10% of the then available shares.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMind
Oh the other thing I wanted to mention is that any current actions CANNOT affect TEPCO share price. Why? because trading in tepco shares was suspended a couple of months ago after they lost over 80% of their value. And not long after a mystery hidden consortium seems to have snapped up 10% of the then available shares.

Wrong. Tepco shares are still traded. They were only suspended for a few hours.

So tepco ceo is just a big sellout.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You people have no heart! Don't you know TEPCO's credit got lowered after the big quake?!?

Forget the prison for them! Send them naked near Fukushima's reactors and tell them to be happy since it protects from radiation, apparently! It was reported to be good for the health, right?

Japan should be known from now on to be the "Country of the Dawning of Humanity", instead of the "Rising Sun".

This is beyond words...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

Sad thing is an underground bunker built to save their asses would never be deemed too expensive. It's just when Joe Average is at risk that solutions are considered unreasonable.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Why is anyone surprised? All our problems could be solved easily if it were not for the need of money and profit. We have the technology, resources, etc. to make this a better world for all mankind. Unfortunately our need to borrow to create money keeps it all from all of us.

Yes, look how well Cuba has done.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This thread is dead but FWIW the article and title are not accurate. No where was there evidence Tepco was refusing to build the dam, only to put off public discussion until after the shareholders meeting.

How can one misconstrue this statement at the end of the original article?

“We are considering the issue under the guidance of prime ministerial aide Mabuchi, but we don’t want to be seen as having excess liabilities, so we’re keeping the details confidential.”

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Wheres the U.N, lol DO NOT look to THEM for assistance for ANYTHING, they want you to rely on them, do not give them what they want.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join