It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese find 55ft 'sea monster'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Chinese find 55ft 'sea monster'

www.thesun.co.uk

GIANT 55 foot 'sea monster' has been found washed up on a beach in China.
The beast from the deep is so badly decayed it cannot be identified.

But according to local reports from Guangdong, in the south-east of the country, it weighed at least 4.5 TONS.

One fisherman, known only as Hwang, 66, said he was astonished by the find.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-6-2011 by dbates because: Corrected Title

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It was found tangled in ropes and one theory is fisherman caught it but could not land it as it was so big.

A picture is at the link. It certianly doesnt look like a fish or a whale ... perhaps a decomposed giant squid. Pretty interesting. I hope the scientific community gets to it and examines it before the locals cut it up and serve it for lunch.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

My guesses are whale or giant squid. The shape of it actually suggests a small, decomposed whale.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Unless I'm having a moment of Deja Vu, I have seen this story and this photo a while back. In fact I know I have seen it before.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

There needs to be a new T&C rule about which "news" sources can be cited on here.

Sun
Weekly World News
TMZ
Twitter
Mitchell Coombes Facebook Status'
--
DEFINITE no.
edit on 22-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It looks like a Sunfish to me. They are very large fish with a small tail.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Possibly... an ALIEN?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by SirMike

There needs to be a new T&C rule about which "news" sources can be cited on here.

Sun
Weekly World News
TMZ
Twitter
--
DEFINITE no.

I could understand Twitter and Facebook for obvious reasons, TMZ due to it being a gossip site and never heard of Weekly World News but despite my hatred for the celebrity obsessed newspaper known as The Sun (although I still find it the only newspaper I'll ever read), why can't a national British newspaper with consistently the biggest sales of all papers in the UK be cited as a source?

Is a newspaper not legit enough for you or is it a disdain for anything owned by Rupert Murdoch despite The Sun managing to be able to sway governments into implementing laws and make U-turns on policies that just don't work? Or also that they helped start and promote Help For Heroes and therefore the usual ATS stance of "all military personnel are evil scumbags" makes The Sun less of a source of actual news for you?

Take your pick.

As for the story, I hope they manage to take samples before it decomposes too much.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it wouldn't surprise me to learn that "extinct" sea dinosaurs are still around (and yes, i'm aware that they aren't technically "dinosaurs" but you know what i mean). after all, the coelecanth was thought to be extinct for over 300 million years.

who knows whats still alive down there?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

I've seen this before as well, you're not alone.
Very old news and the theory of it being caught but left there seem somewhat implausible to me.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Looks like a whale.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It was posted here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a Monsantosaurus.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That thing could be any number of known species; sunfish included...that having been said...

Heaviest Bony Fish (sunfish) caught in 2003

The fish in question is an ocean sunfish that was caught off the coast of Kamogawa, Japan, in 1996 in set nets owned and operated by the Kamogawa Fisheries Cooperative Association. Members of Kamogawa SeaWorld measured the fish to be 2.7 meters (8.9 feet) long and say it weighed 2.3 metric tons (5,071 pounds).

YEESH!!! Yet another reason to NOT swim in the ocean!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Looks like my ex-wife (I'm sure I've posted this before, Must of been a hideous monster that time as well)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by SirMike

Sun
Weekly World News
TMZ
Twitter
--
DEFINITE no.

I could understand Twitter and Facebook for obvious reasons, TMZ due to it being a gossip site and never heard of Weekly World News but despite my hatred for the celebrity obsessed newspaper known as The Sun (although I still find it the only newspaper I'll ever read), why can't a national British newspaper with consistently the biggest sales of all papers in the UK be cited as a source?

Is a newspaper not legit enough for you or is it a disdain for anything owned by Rupert Murdoch despite The Sun managing to be able to sway governments into implementing laws and make U-turns on policies that just don't work? Or also that they helped start and promote Help For Heroes and therefore the usual ATS stance of "all military personnel are evil scumbags" makes The Sun less of a source of actual news for you?

Take your pick.

As for the story, I hope they manage to take samples before it decomposes too much.

Well, maybe because of stories like this. The photo alone screams "I am a re-hashed story from the late 90's"... Sales don't mean a thing. I believe Fox News is the most watched news channel in the USA.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As has been noted above, this topic is from last month.. a thread discussing the find is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you wish to comment, please continue doing to there.

Also, to discuss sources and other matters of board practices create a thread there.... it's a worthwhile discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join