It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions In U.S. Face Mega-Wave From Island Collapses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
all of these scenarios (mega-tsunamis, mass methane release, etc) can be found on this site:

armageddononline.tripod.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I consider this proof that deep down, everybody hopes that tomorrow will never come if the alternative is to work towards making tomorrow worth living.
We eat up unlikely doomsday scenarios like candy, and stay glued to the trial of one particular wife killer out of hundreds to choose from, but nobody wants to hear about the real problems which might concievably be solved- like the state of our school system and the fact that the Terminator holds a political office.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I would be interested to see the volume numbers for that pop, how much rock was actually destroyed.
The other side of this is, if they do install a monitoring system, and find out that it's gonna let go a week ahead of time, what are they gonna do about it? Evacuate the whole east coast of the US for miles inland? There would be a panic of Biblical proportions. Same as if we found out it just now went off. Then, if the warning was wrong, who do you sue? "I left, and someone stole my garage!!" No, I think 'they' will just wait until it goes off, fly their cronies out, and let the rest of us sink or swim on our own. I'm glad I live 450 feet above sea level and 60+ miles inland.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Erle
I would be interested to see the volume numbers for that pop, how much rock was actually destroyed.

Alas, I couldn't find any data on the amount of rock displaced in that Novaya Zemlya nuclear test. I have to admit it's anecdotal for large part (no surprise as this is still classified).

What I do know:
1) The actual release was between 50 and 120 megaton
2) Destruction of a few villages was caused, as far as 200 miles from ground zero, even though the explosion took place 2.5 miles above the ground. So yes, it was a pretty darn big pop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join