It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well hellooooo ATS!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi, I am the Other side of the coin, nice to meet you all.

I suppose it’s probably a good idea to give you all something to read since you have been gracious enough to open this thread, a mere spec in the vastness of this colossal website who’s magnitude dwarfs us all.

The most important thing to know about me is that I am a geek. Massive Geek. Supper Geek. I am the guy you see standing outside a Star Trek convention a week before the doors open dressed as a fat Vulcan. But part of my geeky side has led me to develop a real interest in conspiracies (and also once burning though a school wall trying to build a lightsaber)

I have been interested in conspiracies since I was about 15, however I am probably what most of you might call a heretic as my interest in all thing’s conspiracy is the by-product of my scepticism of almost all conspiracies. It started when one day when a school friend of mine told me his dad had told him about the moon landing being a massive hoax, we argued of this for about a week and eventually agreed to disagree. That was until we both ended up at space camp together (yes I am a total nerd) were we met a number of engineers who worked on the Apollo missions, we had the argument again with him accusing NASA of lying about the Apollo mission’s until the engineer intervened and destroyed my friends argument by utilising his massively impressive intellect. It was the most impressive debunk I have ever heard even though 90% of it went over my head. It was also during my time at space camp I started reading Darren Brown this got me interested in secret societies and since then its sort of snowballed but with a very sceptical approach to conspiracy theories.

I went from the mood hoax to secret societies and the NWO then saw loose change so started reading up on the 9/11 conspiracies but also the “debunkers” of those conspiracies and I hate to tell you all, when it comes to 9/11 I am not what you would call a “truther”, I lean more towards the official explanation of that day’s events. 9/11 however got me interested in terrorism, something I am very well read on, and have a keen interest in. It was the existence of the terrorism forum was how I first found ATS however due to my scepticism of conspiracies I kind of avoided the site assuming I would not fit in.

Recently I was re-introduced to ATS after reading about Jared Loughner and how he was a member of ATS. So I revisited your fantastic site and for the past few months I have been a long term lurker whist at the same time developing a interest in a number of famous UFO cases such as the Battle of LA, 1976 UFO chase over Iran and I am sure you all know the rest of the list. In researching UFO’s a few days ago I bought the book Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen and imagine my surprise when I got to the end of one of the chapters there was a big bit about AboveTopSecret.com. So after lurking around for a while and ATS popping up increasingly in my reading I have decided to become a member.

I might be sceptical of many (not all) of your conspiracies but just think of me as the other side of the coin.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Welcome, I see that base on your personal interest you will find a great arrange of topics to contribute to and forums to make your own threads on issue you care the most.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well I think you should fit right in here. brouse and post and debate have fun..lightsaber ?? Naaa build a phaser instead kind of a stun gun without wires..just a thought haha Welcome

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Look forward to getting your insights on some of these topics.

Welcome

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

You're going to fit in/out just fine.

Have fun and enjoy.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hi OtherSideOfTheCoin, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Hey there OSotC...

Great intro and it would seem we already have a few things in common...

You should do well here - enjoy it...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks for the info dude, looks like I have some homework!

PS love the avatar

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS,OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your going to fit in just fine,There is lots of threads to read and post on cant wait to see your threads and posts see you soon in the main forums~~peace sugarcookie1

top topics

join