It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Two years after the official start of the recovery, the American people remain pessimistic about their current economic circumstances and longer-term prospects.

Fewer than a quarter of people see signs of improvement in the economy, and two-thirds say they believe the country is on the wrong track overall, according to a Bloomberg National Poll conducted June 17-20.

By a 44 percent to 34 percent margin, Americans say they believe they are worse off than when President Barack Obama took office in early 2009, when the U.S. was in the depths of a recession compounded by the September 2008 financial crisis and the economy was losing as many as 820,000 jobs a month.

The gloom covers the immediate future, with fewer than 1 in 10 people expecting unemployment to return to pre-recession levels within the next two years, and it extends to the next generation. More than half of respondents say their children are destined to have a lower standard of living than they do, upending a traditional touchstone of the American Dream.

Have to say I'm on side with the majority here, what say you fellow ATS-ers?

edit on 22-6-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.

edit on Wed Jun 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

1000 people polled is a majority is it?

It's probably true but polls are easy to fudge.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

Ya i agree that this country is off worsen when Obama took office.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

It looks like Bill Clinton sees blood in the water.
He told Newsweek that he has 14 ways to save the economy.
- It's still the economy stupid. -
------------------------
If February 2012 arrives and the unemployment rate is 10 % then i see Obama just resigning.
Then Hillary can come riding into Washington DC on her great white horse to save us all with
a - new? - plan?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by buskey

1000 people polled is a majority is it?

It's probably true but polls are easy to fudge.

Obama is in big trouble with the economy. Even Bill Clinton can see that. Can you?
---------------------------
The problem is that Obama has NO solutions and - blame Bush - won't work.

P.S. Blaming the ATMs was the most pathetic excuse i have ever heard.
The truth is Obamas policies have failed miserably and EVERYBODY knows it.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think Obama has very little to do with the economy whether it gets better or worse.

A president who has the ability to single-handedly make the economy better or worse? Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that theory. There are WAY too many variables, people, and corporations involved for that "lone gunman" theory to hold water.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by buskey

It looks like Bill Clinton sees blood in the water.
He told Newsweek that he has 14 ways to save the economy.
- It's still the economy stupid. -
------------------------
If February 2012 arrives and the unemployment rate is 10 % then i see Obama just resigning.
Then Hillary can come riding into Washington DC on her great white horse to save us all with
a - new? - plan?

Dude, you crack me up! I actually met Billary back when he was guv of Arkansas and she was just a small town lawyer. He was actually pretty impressive then, guess you have to be to actually get to POTUS stature but now, WTH....save the economy? The horse is dead, cut up for dog food and barely a semblance of an equine skeleton....stop freakin' beating it already and bring on the eulogy.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
I think Obama has very little to do with the economy whether it gets better or worse.

A president who has the ability to single-handedly make the economy better or worse? Sorry, but I don't subscribe to that theory. There are WAY too many variables, people, and corporations involved for that "lone gunman" theory to hold water.

FDR. Now that's out of the way you are correct in that Presidents don't have all that much power to affect the economy drastically but nevertheless it's their leadership and broad outllines that do have an effect and which Obama has measureably failed at.

He is handing the republicans the Presidency on a golden platter unfortunately the republicans are putting no one forward who is going to be able to take advantage of the current crises so i'm pretty sure that Obama is going to win another 4 years simply by default.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So you never blamed Bush? Okay.

Onto the OP, I would not have so easily pointed the blame at Obama, except for the fact that he was te one that took credit for the "Summer of Recovery". He has taken credit for every job gained (though none lost) since he has gained office.

It is Obamas' economy.
It is Obamas' unemployment.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Wrong.
I see the Obama Administration as a huge battleship in downtown Washington DC.
Instead of shooting at our enemies, Obama has ordered the turrets rotated and he is
bombarding capitalism here in the USA.
-------------
As we speak the shells are landing on Boeing in South Carolina.
The NLRB is attacking Boeing for creating 1,000 jobs down there.
-------------
ObamaCare is stepping on the neck of capitalism. The Fortune 500 companies have
cash and want to expand BUT they have something called - uncertainty - holding them
back.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

The reason America is doing poorly after Obama took office is because the old Regan motto that keeping the top solvent as (bailouts) will cause a domino effect to reach the working class the (drip down economics).

But that has prove false, most of the recovery money went into the hands of corporate America in other to made sure they will reach the people.

But as usual the wealth has stayed at the top with nothing dripping down the ladder.

In order to keep the economic recovery from reaching the bottom of the food chain it has to be more bailouts, something that right now is no going to happen as the government is frozen, corporate is unwilling to partake with the wealth due in part to what the Bernanke is going to do today when he is to address the nation on the US economy.

As this months the recovery money is to expired.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I don't think it's so much that he's been an evil President as much as he's been a nothing President. He's implemented a few things but honestly I think had we not had a President for the last 4 years the country would be about the same.

I think when his part is looked at by historians down the road the only thing he will have done that's noteworthy is being the first black President.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You got a point here, I believe that no matter who was sitting as president the nation will still be doing the same. So in other words it has to do more with the state of the economy and the powers behind the government that the president, any president.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I don't think it's so much that he's been an evil President as much as he's been a nothing President. He's implemented a few things but honestly I think had we not had a President for the last 4 years the country would be about the same.

I think when his part is looked at by historians down the road the only thing he will have done that's noteworthy is being the first black President.

He ignored the economy and just bulldozed ObamaCare right over the American people.
-------------
The $800 Billion stimulus was a complete waste of tax payer money.
Now the GDP is $14.7 Trillion and the National Debt is $14.3 Trillion.
-------------
Obama hates free market capitalism. We need someone in the White House who loves
free market capitalism and is willing to - REDUCE- the size of the U.S. Government.

---------------
All of his stupid small business Dog & Pony shows were a complete waste of time.
Obama wants the U.S. Government to grow the U.S. economy not the private sector.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Besides Obama’s puppethood for the globalists, something all US presidents but Kennedy were puppets for, he is just too passive and weak willed. He folds like a cheap camera and never fights for anything he allegedly believes in.

Look at recently all the people going after this wimpy punk.

Al Gore: He doesn’t fight for the global warming agenda enough.

Louis Farrakhan: He is an assassin and murderer; because of his Libyan war.
Here he was goaded and bullied into attacking Libya by Hilary Clinton and NATO.

The Gay rights and immigrant rights people hate him for his wimpy actions in their causes.

The progressives hate him

On and on Obama has no heart, will, or any genuine belief in anything.

Most civil rights people don’t like him, but won't admit it publicly. Black unemployment is at depression levels and Obama has done nothing about it.

The middle classes are loosing their homes in the millions, and Obama has done nothing for them.

On and on and on, in every issue this sorry punk is doing NOTHING!

All that could be said of him is that he gave us a too little stimulus and ordered the murder [maybe] of Osama Bin Laden.

The only thing Obama has got going for him is the insanity and anti-human Republican Party.

Overall he is an abysmal failure!

I wish a democrat would challenge him.
edit on 22-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yeah i am worse off that i was after obama took over and it is a fact i have more money when we had bush.

and to clintons 14 step plan to put americans back to works read it

it will make you laugh.

payoff to unions just like the stimulus plan those shovel ready project that run billions overbudget and take decades to get done.

print more money and the biggest thing i laughed at was paint roof tops white yeah if they still have a job and home not to mention where are they gonna ge the cash.

we are worse off because the government created the problems and gave themselves more power which will have the same result agian.

wake up people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I understand your points and don't like Obama any better than you but I don't criticize until there's an actual reason. The healthbill hasn't and won't hit till 2014 so that's not an issue yet and it's debatable on whether the stimulas had any effect.

It certainly didn't create anything other than more debt but it's unknown how much worse if at all the economy would have been had it not passed. For all we know it could have been much worse so that line of thought isn't conclusive enough to use as a basis for Obama's failure either.

Like I said he just hasn't done anything to be remembered by either good or bad that will be in history books 100 years from now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I understand your points and don't like Obama any better than you but I don't criticize until there's an actual reason. The healthbill hasn't and won't hit till 2014 so that's not an issue yet and it's debatable on whether the stimulas had any effect.

It certainly didn't create anything other than more debt but it's unknown how much worse if at all the economy would have been had it not passed. For all we know it could have been much worse so that line of thought isn't conclusive enough to use as a basis for Obama's failure either.

Like I said he just hasn't done anything to be remembered by either good or bad that will be in history books 100 years from now.

Well, if the following doesn't make it clear to everyone, then likely nothing will.

source

It says that by 2021 - that's only 10 years from now, people - debt will be equal to or greater than GDP!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That Obama and those wiley Dems! They took a perfectly functioning economy in 2008 and two winning wars and they ruined them all in less than two years!

We better vote Republican again soon so they can fix it back as good as when Bush was in office.

top topics

join