It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Huntsman Motorcycle Campaign Ads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Does anyone actually "get" this campaign ads that Jon Huntsman is running. (See them here) Basically it's Jon Huntsman riding his motorcycle through the desert. I guess this is supposed to show us what an awesome guy he is or something. Personally it makes me want to go on vacation but doesn't do a thing for who I'm voting for in the Republican primaries. The background music sounds like a Motel 6 commercial. I half expect to hear "This is Tom Bodet, we'll leave the light on for you" at the end.

Rick Santorum already has a parody of these ads on his site. I love how the motorcycle crashes in the end on this one.

edit on 22-6-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This ad is so transparent that it is embarrassing. However...

The demographic was well researched, video was fairly well produced, and the targeted audiences was addressed with the cheesy country music, the dirt bike, fake machismo appeal.

All in all it was an effective ad for what it was designed to do and it was very cheap to make.

It would have been much more effective if the person about the ad would have been identified and himself had of been on a American made Harley instead of a rice burner, voice over instead of the hard to read captions and original music instead of free use stuff.

My bet is that there is a bit of nepotism involved in who was contracted to produce the ad.

As a producer, my crew and I are anxiously looking forward to this coming political year.
edit on 22-6-2011 by whaaa because: open for business

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Eh.. it's different than other political commercials... and it doesn't smear any other candidates. I give it a thumbs up.

join