It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by christine76

Regardless on what happened ,you and your kids felt safe and enjoyed a safe flight...the end.
good job tsa for making our airways safe once again.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bursuc
your people don't get it anymore.

Your future generations will never know what the word "freedom" means or what your forefathers stood for. Living in fear and allowing this sort of "protection" looks like is the new way of living.

A-hah! You get it.. how unfortunate that our own countrymen dont grasp such a simple thing.

The sad thing is that they think this keeps them "safe" when its proven to be a faulty method. The justifications for attacking the OP are shocking. I fear for this country with the passivity and complacency of the younger generations.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Advantage because: Added some more griping..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Although you may have seen your child only touched your palm, from the TSA operatives point of view it could have been possible you passed something to the child. And as unlikely as it is, how would you feel to be the person that let something slip passed because you didn't do your job properly.

As for your pat-down however I didn't see anything wrong with it...I wasn't even offered a private room. Neither was it through the TSA, it was in Northern Ireland and I set off the alarm because of the foil on packets of chewing gum in my pockets. It was a busy airport, I was in a baggy jeans phase and I'd already taken my belt off for the small items scanner as instructed.

I was patted down by a bald guy who looked rather intimidating until I spoke to him, he was a funny guy who thought security was as over the top as I did, he held my trousers with one hand whilst checking under my arms and allowed me to lower one arm to hold them while patting down other areas of my body. Before he reached my crotch he warned me, and joked about how he hated it just as much as I would.... So it was the same sort of search you had, there were no issues to be had, once it was over he apologised and I said no worries it's your job to do it.

I think it's because you were worried of being searched before hand, and worried that they would touch more than they needed to, led to you worrying extreemly in your head as it was about to happen and during, so you made it seem worse to yourself than the situation really was. I sympathise completely, but I don't think in this case anything was wrong.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No star for you. You are a traitor, any of you that allow being treated like cattle deserve exactly what you get and whats more, it's going to only get worse.

As long as people put up with this (brown word) our freedoms will continue to degrade and you just helped it along and whats more showed your children that it is okay.

At this point there are more of us than them so at this point we could, if enough us us refused this kind of treatment make a difference.

The elite that fly in their fancy private jets don't have to put up with this frap so why do the rest of you?

Why?

Because you are all a bunch of compliant sheep quietly being led to slaughter.

If everyone, and I mean everyone stopped flying or refused to be scanned and groped, this would stop but no, any and all of you that allow this are traitors.

Now your children were able to watch and learn from you that it is acceptable to be treated like cattle.

The next step, and it's a progression the rest of you idiots can't see coming will be worse.

United we stand, divided we fall and we are falling fast.

edit on 22-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's unfortunate this has happened to you, but at least you have a story to share. Don't just stop with ATS (although we all know ATS is a good communication tool) but go further and bring this to the media, do conferences and meet ups about this, connect with other victims and bring your power to a boiling point.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

"Take care man."
Thank you!
I always have and always will. I also don't always get the "Hollywood" references. I prefer books over TV and movies. I think you were being "silly" ? If your clip was more than that...sorry, went right over my head.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am sorry but I can not have any sympathy for your bad experience.

People know what is happening at the airports and this is not a surprise. It's been going on for awhile.

If you choose to fly you take your chances at this happening......period.

You can't fly somewhere and then complain that you got patted down or groped.

REFUSE TO FLY !!!

When you go to where molesters work, pay, stand in line & wait your turn.......

You can't complain or act surprised when it happens.

I won't fly anywhere anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry that you felt traumatized. I'm sure its quite humiliating to be patted down.

I recently flew from Des Moines to Las Vegas and back. But I went fully expecting to be patted down, frankly. I made sure I read the TSA website on how items should be packaged and secured and what could or could not be taken on carry-on. And I complied. Ultimately, I was not patted down once, although I thought it seemed chaotic goiong thru security loading and unloading jewelry and shampoo, etc., from my carry-on.

I don't like the way things are at airports either. But this is the world we live in. I felt it was worth it to make sure no terrorists were bringing weapons on board the plane.

link   

Very well written. Nobody can take your dignity unless you let them. I'm sure that you are stronger now for what you have experienced. I think you have handled this as well as could be expected. I don't fly and won't fly until something is done about the way we are treated.

link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Right and I guess you would have been one of the corpses saying, go ahead matey load my bod into the oven, you are just doing your job.

There were 10-12 million people killed by a handful of SS Soldiers..............they went compliantly, they allowed themselves to be loaded onto the trains, they allowed themselves to be herded into big filthy pens, the few that rebelled were shot, if all of them had rebelled, there would not have been enough soldiers, if all of them (average was 2,000 per train load with 40 guards) so if all 2,000 of them had swarmed them like ants, many would have been shot but many would be alive now.

Do not go down without fighting folks.....................stop being compliant sheep.

Too many of you are lined up (traitors) and teaching your children this is now acceptable.

No pity for what happens to you, your children and your children's children..............you all just don't see the train coming.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
You are not keeping up with Texas. Bill 1937 has been added to special legislation and is back up for a vote.

Aside from that, I am very sorry you had to go through that. It sounds cheesy, but if you saw X-Men First Class, it all boiled down to the end between Professor X and Magneto, where it was are those who "just follow orders" innocent or do they bear the burden of guilt?

I am with Magneto on this one. Just following orders is not an excuse to violate and harm another human being. The same goes for the TSA agent. The only exception I would make is for self-defense. In this case not only is it inexcusable it is also blatant violation of multiple laws of our nation.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Anonymous Avatar because: (no reason given)

Nazi Troops were just following orders when they exterminated ethnic groups. Are they responsible for their actions?
Were they just following orders and doing their job?
Each man/Woman is accountable for their own actions. I don't care what person says otherwise. There is always a choice.
I really do hope we can evolve past all this Fear driven commerce. 173 Million is a lot of money. I no doubt think that the people who are the shareholders and cEOs of the BODY scanners should be named and shamed. A deck of Cards made with the top evil Corp heads on the face cards.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the responses this woman has received. Where is your compassion people? The OP is not melodramatic, unstable or a traitor, she is a mum giving us an honest account of an experience that was traumatic for her. Not to mention the affect it had on her kids seeing their mum crying and being handled. Regardless of your opinions about TSA, first you support a fellow human being, then your can speak your mind. All of you that attacked her need to take a good look at yourselves because your mind set is in the same ball park as those responsible for TSA and terrorism.

As for the security issue, there is a better way, its called 9/11 truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AusiAnarchist

Her kids wouldn't be affected at all if she didn't make a big scene while getting patted down.
It is her own fault if her kids have been affected by this incident she created.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Looks to me like there are a lot of disinformation agents who are posting and telling this poor woman she overreacted.
It is the TSA who is overreacting and turning the US into a totalitarian state. After all the head of the current US government himself basically said he wished he had the powers of a Chinese dictator.
When we as a people don't cry, about our bodies and the bodies of children being violated by the state, we are headed like metaphorical sheep to the gas chamber in the name of "well they might....." Remember this statement, a little changed by me: When they pulled aside the beauty queen to fondle her, I stood by and said nothing, I'm not beautiful. When they stuck their hands down the diapers of a handicapped man, I stood by and said nothing, I don't wear diapers. When they exposed the breasts of a woman with implants to all the bystanders, I stood by and said nothing, I have no implants. When they made a young mother with a toddler cry because she had medical implants, I stood by and was weary and told the mother to suck it up and quit crying, after all I don't have medical implants. Then I went to fly and was given a pat down of my private parts while the person looked disgusted by my old and wrinkly body - and finally I knew why they had cried - because I had stood by and said nothing.
If this poor woman was terrified by the TSA because of the things she KNEW they had done to other people to the point of abject anxiety, it is not her fault. The TSA is openly uncaring, unreasonable, unthinking, and uses bully tactics to intimidate people into compliance. Can you blame the poor woman for standing there crying and verbally agreeing with the TSA agent. I'd verbally agree while crying if it saved my ass from bullies too, and yes be the sheeple expected of US citizens these days since I'm a senior citizen.

Land of the free, not any more in my tear filled eyes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
Looks to me like there are a lot of disinformation agents who are posting and telling this poor woman she overreacted.
It is the TSA who is overreacting and turning the US into a totalitarian state. After all the head of the current US government himself basically said he wished he had the powers of a Chinese dictator.
When we as a people don't cry, about our bodies and the bodies of children being violated by the state, we are headed like metaphorical sheep to the gas chamber in the name of "well they might....." Remember this statement, a little changed by me: When they pulled aside the beauty queen to fondle her, I stood by and said nothing, I'm not beautiful. When they stuck their hands down the diapers of a handicapped man, I stood by and said nothing, I don't wear diapers. When they exposed the breasts of a woman with implants to all the bystanders, I stood by and said nothing, I have no implants. When they made a young mother with a toddler cry because she had medical implants, I stood by and was weary and told the mother to suck it up and quit crying, after all I don't have medical implants. Then I went to fly and was given a pat down of my private parts while the person looked disgusted by my old and wrinkly body - and finally I knew why they had cried - because I had stood by and said nothing.
If this poor woman was terrified by the TSA because of the things she KNEW they had done to other people to the point of abject anxiety, it is not her fault. The TSA is openly uncaring, unreasonable, unthinking, and uses bully tactics to intimidate people into compliance. Can you blame the poor woman for standing there crying and verbally agreeing with the TSA agent. I'd verbally agree while crying if it saved my ass from bullies too, and yes be the sheeple expected of US citizens these days since I'm a senior citizen.

Land of the free, not any more in my tear filled eyes.

Guys over here! Another wuss.

It's you who is complying. For that you deserve everything that happens to you.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

No one is saying that the TSA is perfect, they are far from it. What is concerning here is the
fact that this woman made an immense scene which over exaggerated what should have
been a very subtle experience. She did not post anything where her breast was shown,
a hand went down her panties, neither inappropriately fondled. This, from her post, was
a simple pat down in which she freaked out over seemingly nothing. The way she freaked
out i'm surprised that the TSA didn't take any further actions against her.

She took something that was going to be quick and normal, and made it into an over
exaggerated experience. I've been patted down before and it is not terrifying. Now, if the
TSA had done something that DID violate her i'd understand as some things the TSA has
done to others are horrible. But to take a simple pat down and blow it up into something
it isn't, like in this case, is just an attempt to seek attention.

Like I said, if the TSA did something extreme such as some of the things you've mentioned
in your post, it'd be understandable. This however, is not such a case.
edit on 6/22/2011 by UnholyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Thank you mr obama and your thugs....things are going just the way you want and the people still love you...makes you wonder

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Cant blame this one on Bush...this is all obambi and company

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UnholyBones

I'm fairly surprised by the number of replies stating that I overreacted or freaked out. I did no such thing. Silent tears were essentially my silent protest. Excuse me if I think it IS A BIG DEAL that a government agent slid their hand up and down my leg to the point that they were rubbing the edge of their hand along my vagina. Yes, I had my clothes on! No, I did not think I was about to get raped!! It was horrifying due to the fact that it was even happening! In this great country, that I dearly love, and don't want to see any shtf scenario. This crap was just simply uncalled for. If you, and the many others on here who have concluded that I'm an unstable show off, can't see that, well I'm sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
reply to post by UnholyBones

I'm fairly surprised by the number of replies stating that I overreacted or freaked out. I did no such thing. Silent tears were essentially my silent protest. Excuse me if I think it IS A BIG DEAL that a government agent slid their hand up and down my leg to the point that they were rubbing the edge of their hand along my vagina. Yes, I had my clothes on! No, I did not think I was about to get raped!! It was horrifying due to the fact that it was even happening! In this great country, that I dearly love, and don't want to see any shtf scenario. This crap was just simply uncalled for. If you, and the many others on here who have concluded that I'm an unstable show off, can't see that, well I'm sorry for you.

And you took it! Why didn't you slap his/her hand away and said something like: "Watch it T.S.A!"?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join