It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL???? Seriously... Just let them do their damned job. These threads are ridiculous. I understand that it may be a little embarrassing, but it's not like people are getting strip-searched in public.

I don't like the idea of any of this either. But is kicking and screaming really going to make it better?

Damn... Just get over it. I would have forgotten about this crap the hour after it happened! Why are people taking this to a whole new level?

I agree, however some people are more sensitive to this than others. There is though, always the choice of alternate transportation than flying. Simple as that.

That said though, the current degree of invasiveness is a bit appalling, Do we really need to frisk people with a stroller and toddlers? Is there any real risk they are going to hijack the plane? No...

Some degree of common sense needs to be exercised by TSA agents here. Is it profiling? Hell yes it is, and I'm all for it... Often, I'm a single traveler (for business), and I've got a history of flying around the Middle East. Granted, it was over 20 years ago, but I will still get stopped for a security search on at least ONE leg of any flight, hehe....but I get why I could be a potential risk.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Lol white people are so sensitive, my god.

JK, but seriously, is it something to cry over my god? If i was there i would of told you to shut up

You obviously have no respect for the rights guaranteed to you by the Constitution. Oh well...

I'm black, I don't give a damn about the constitution as it was meant for WHITE MEN.
I'd piss on the founding fathers graves if I could.
edit on 23-6-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

How they going to preach about freedoms with they owned slaves?
Sometimes I wish the british would of slaughtered them for their hypocrisy.

How come they believed in freedom, and religious freedom.
Yet they owned slaves, and forced them to convert?

Why don't these dumb asses stop going to air ports then!?

That's like a black man going into a white restaurant in the 50's, and complaining about getting harassed!.

It's bound to happen, just stop going there.

Why are people even surprised when you get searched?
It's a public place, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO THERE.
If you don't want to be bothered with TSA searches, STOP PAYING THE DAMN AIR LINES THAT EMPLOY THESE PEOPLE.

People on this forum are so phoney.

It's pisses me off, oppressed groups of minorities with limited rights, and limited access to voting or anything could protest.

Yet you guys who are financially capable enough, and obviously if you're on here you have some what of an intelligence.

So why don't you guys protest?

It's hundreds of thousands of people on this forum.

Yet none of them want to put together a march and protest?

You guys are a bunch of fakers, shut up about rights because you are too pussy to fight for them!

What the framers of the Constitution did has no bearing on whether or not this violates YOUR rights and whether or NOT you should be concerned. How could God advocate slavery in the bible? Would you piss on that too?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Black people got sprayed with water hoses, and had dogs sicked on them, and they didn't complain.

Every day people get searched due to a procedure that is within law, that they know is going to happen.

And they CRY ABOUT IT?!

SUCK IT UP!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

There is no need for protests. This battle will be won where they are always won: Court. Why don't I do something about it? Because I don't have the time or the money to travel at this point in my life, thus I have not suffered the injury. You can only bring a suit if you have standing to bring it (aka an injury). So, only those who have been affected by the law can bring suit. Otherwise, if I had the money to see this through and I suffered the injury, I'd be more than happy to do it. Heck, I would even toss in the bag scanners at the airports just to see what was said about that.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Christine76

I haven't read through all the replies and posts yet, to see if anyone else pointed this out, and the thread just keeps growing, so......here's my thought.

You stated that you were anxious for weeks before this trip. Just thinking about it made you nervous. As you approached the station, your anxiety increased. It seems very likely that your *anxiety level* was apparent to the agent. I'm not saying it was not humiliating and upsetting, clearly it was, and I applaud you for not asking for a private search.

I am not a TSA agent, but I suspect they are trained to notice gestures or indications of anxiety - such as a person smuggling drugs in a body cavity - might have.

I have not received an enhanced pat-down, but have been asked to remove my shirt down to a support cami, which I did. Otherwise, I have just mooed along with everyone else, de-shoe, de-coat, de-purse, etc. Walk through the thing.

Perhaps your anxiety was so obvious that it made you look very suspicious. Goodness sakes, dear, for your kids to see you so overwrought is bad enough. Perhaps it IS a good idea for you not to fly if it sets off your discomfort level to a point where the trauma is evident to your kids - traumatizing to them as well to see Mommy upset.

I went through a checkpoint at Ft Leavenworth to go shopping at the PX with my Veteran husband, and I felt anxious, nervous, violated, and suspected. I understand the nervousness you might feel, even when you know you have nothing to hide. "Brave" of you in some ways to say "no, let them see," and probably smart to keep it all public in case something horrid DID happen behind doors. But, you must think of the effect on your kids watching Mommy be upset by the process -- that is more important than making a spectacle of it for strangers who already know what to expect.

Not to criticize you -- just please think of how your choices affect your children. You are their role model. Nobody in that line cared about YOU or THEM. Hope that makes sense. Remember, always, what the children will percieve through your shared experiences.

PS trains are WAY more relaxed. For now, anyway.

wt

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Black people got sprayed with water hoses, and had dogs sicked on them, and they didn't complain.

Every day people get searched due to a procedure that is within law, that they know is going to happen.

And they CRY ABOUT IT?!

SUCK IT UP!

Are you talking about the Civil Rights movement? If so, you might wanna define "didn't complain." And the thing is that procedure is not within the law (of course that is my opinion, we won't know until there is a final ruling). The point is that people want to protect their rights to freedom. Why? because if we start to allow the government to take this intrusion, then the next intrusion will be slightly larger than this, and so on and so forth. We were afforded certain rights, the same rights that have gone a LONG way in just 60 years to bringing black people closer to equality. I don't know what the hell you are arguing. What? You think that its okay that the government just does this? That they be allowed to essentially strip you down and search you because they want to? What about just bust into your home and search that? Is that okay? Where do you draw your line? At what point would you say okay maybe that is wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Gov. Rick Perry announced he had added legislation that would make it illegal for TSA agents to engage in “intrusive touching” at airports security checkpoints without probable cause to the list of items for the legislature to consider during the special session.

I don't think that Dewhurst will be able to suppress the bill this time. I feel pretty confident that it will pass.

The only problem with this is that it doesn't address the scanner issue (or does it?). I can see them bypassing this law by requiring everyone who would have normally gone through a patdown to now go through the scanner or lose their seat on the flight.

I could also see this spreading to other states and becomming an excuse for more scanners.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'll be flying from the For Collins / Loveland airport to Las Vegas on July 15. It's a smaller regional airport, and I've never flown out of there, so I'll let you all know how it goes. Personally, if it's a leggy blonde, I won't mind the pat down, although my wife might move me out to the dog house. HA!

I really wouldn't mind the pat downs, if, and only IF they were targeted and they profiled. Pulling an 80 year old lady out of the line, or a little kid is absurd. Personally, I think a better test would simply be to have anyone boarding a plane have to eat a strip of bacon before boarding. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by impaired

This crap is fascism and meant to be controlling and invasive, and it has to stop. These threads are excellent FOR AWARENESS. Really enjoy them and seeing people sharing their stories and their views on the SS NAZI state, so we can end it now.

I agree that a Nazi-state is coming - don't get me wrong.

But kicking and screaming to the TSA themselves and maybe even making threads isn't going to do a damn thing. How many conspiracies are going on or have went on, people knew/know about them, but still do nothing and let it happen? Almost everyone. No one cares, except the Conspiracy Theorists who are already not taken seriously. No one has a chance.

It's not worth the damn fight.

I could not agree with you more.

People do not realize that there are people that have been in power before the internet,tv,radio that made life hell for people, and if you have not noticed they are damn good at it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If you are not going to protest it and fight it, then don't complain. These forums are full of opinionated people, yet I would venture to say over 90% are hot air who have never, and never will stand up to defend their freedoms. It's all lip service.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As someone who flies every two days....I say they hire twice the amount of tsa workers and pat down everyone...period. Those that don't like it can take another method of travel.

If given the choice between a plane where "one or two passengers were randomly pat down" and a plane where "100% were pat down and cleared"....which one would you prefer?

Sure you say the one where random folks were pat down so you don't look bad...but down deep if you were there and had to choose a plane you know damn well which on you would choose. So give it a rest you bunch of Internet armchair idealists....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't mean to sound rude, but really? You got a pat down...big deal. I've gone through it hundreds of times now, as i fly frequently, and it's really not that bad. If you got that upset about it, i tend to agree with the people who say you need medication. It's a 20 second process that can ultimately save lives, and you're going to complain about it? And the fact that you have scars means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things. Do you really think they should just take the word of everyone and anyone who boards a flight and let them on without any additional screening? Eventually they'll let the guy on with a scar on his left leg and a gun strapped to his right. Bottom line, these procedures are put in place to keep people safe, and if it takes a few seconds of uncomfortable for that to happen, I say you suck it up or don't fly!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

As someone who flies every two days....I say they hire twice the amount of tsa workers and pat down everyone...period. Those that don't like it can take another method of travel.

If given the choice between a plane where "one or two passengers were randomly pat down" and a plane where "100% were pat down and cleared"....which one would you prefer?

Sure you say the one where random folks were pat down so you don't look bad...but down deep if you were there and had to choose a plane you know damn well which on you would choose. So give it a rest you bunch of Internet armchair idealists....

I completely agree with you.
Some people look way too deep into things when at the end of the day, airport security, whichever country it is in, has a job to do.
They dont do it to get sick kicks, or as some part of controlling people from directions of the government, it is all to do with peoples safety.
By the way, whats the big deal with going through the airport scanners? That is also not some weird sort of conspiracy that can read your mind or whatever, it is simply magnets that react to metal passing through them.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
While never the victim of an invasive search, I did have this little 60+ year old TSA lady try to provoke me into a confrontation once at Dallas/Love field. I backed away fully knowing where it would lead (not a good outcome for me) but I still get fumed just thinking about it.

I truly believe that these TSA goons get off on what they're doing to the public. I think many of them suffer from inferiority complexes, lack of self-respect, definite lack of respecting others and view their job with a sense of bravado and "I'll teach them to look down at me" kind of attitude.

I do always try to keep in mind though - these TSA folks are citizens of my town just like me. How hard would it be to find out where they live and give them a little "enhanced pat-down" ?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Originally posted by gentledissident
BTW, why would you doubt you'd be attracted to Christine?

Apart from the melodrama and paranoia maybe I would be attracted to her. Hey Christine, got any pics?

Here you go, me on vacation. I tried to make it smaller, but oh well...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

You *knew* you were going to an airport. You *knew* there would be agents there doing searches. You know that a federal agency is running security there. You WILLINGLY went. No one stripped your rights honey, you walked right into it.

this is nothing but a flag and star generating thread. Like claiming that the agent looked upset giving you a pat down. She has done that a hundred times to other dramatic mothers like you, she could care less.

As for your rights being trampled on, they are not. There are fourth amendment rights that protect you against unreasonable search and seizures, but they also give the government the the right to search if they are suspcious.

You are given ample warning of these searches when you buy the ticket and get the information about your flight.

The government also has a duty to not discriminate, which means you don't have to wear a burka to be considered a threat as a woman. And if you think terrorists wouldn't use children, you got another think coming, because soldiers from any war could tell you they do.

You are not the only person getting on that plane, they have to ensure the safety of everyone getting on that plane. There would be no point to circumventing safety measures simply because you have a toddler with you. Your privacy rights of the fourth amendment are against the safety of everyone on that plane.

As for people saying that these agents have never caught a terrorist, they catch people every single day trying to circumvent the security. Trying to smuggle things on they shouldn't, are being hassled. And people constantly ignoring warnings.

So whose to say how many nutjobs they have kept from stabbing the guy next to him with a pen knife, or even accidently.

You have bought tickets to a private company. Yet when people walk into department stores, they don't balk at the security tags or the alarms at every instance because it is for product theft, and it is a private entity.

Airports are the only exception to the fourth amendment. The second you step into an airport, you are giving permission for a random search and seizure.

These laws have been in effect long before 911, for forty years now in fact. And they have held up all 40 years. So no, 911 was not an excuse to strip liberties at airports, the searches were always there for the same reasons. It just amped up the technology to do so.
When you choose to buy an airline ticket, you are consenting to any search in the secured area of the airport.

For future reference, once you place your items on the table to be screened, you no longer have the right to refuse the screening and search.

Freedom of Speech is also reduced in an airport. Which is why you can't say anything you want. Though maintained by the taxpayers, airports are not considered public property and therefore are not subject to the same rights.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I got patted down in a Philly airport. It was late at night and so there was hardly anyone in the security checkpoint line. Just me. I went through the metal detector WITHOUT setting it off and the lady still patted me down. (Nothing suspicious in my carry on bag either.) But, it was very quick. She hardly even touched me. Just slid her hands down my arms and legs. Didn't get near my breasts or who-ha. Didn't bother me. But I'm sure if it was drawn out and she touched my private areas, I'd probably would have cried too.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I couldn't agree more. The thread here was likely started by someone who never even went to the airport. It was written in such a way as to be OBVIOUS propaganda. Any moron who goes to an airport and doesn't anticipate that they MAY be searched is a fool. If your smart enough to buy a ticket, smart enough to hold a job in order to afford a ticket, there is no reason why you shouldn't be smart enough to understand the ELEMENTARY rules when it comes to the inspection process.

Why don't we do this...why don't we have two lines? One line where idiotic, moronic and ignorant idealists can take their chances and not worry as much abut being searched (if I was going to hijack a plane, that is the line I would be in, lol) and those that didn't give a crap whether some tsa moron fondles our junk for less than a second can ride the planes where EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER IS SEARCHED. Gee, I wonder which line would be the next plane to be hijacked, lol.

I wonder, how many idealists would be whining about how they were glad they didn't get searched while their plane was being used as a suicide bomb while people like me got to my destination safety?

The OP of this thread is clearly transparent in his/her motives. I say his/her...because despite the written posts from the OP it is clear that there is nothing more than an agenda he/she wants to spread here....and based on the way this was written I would HIGHLY suspect if this happened at all.

Don't like it? Don't fly. Plain and simple...or should I say "plane and simple", lol.
edit on 23-6-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

I'm sorry for your experience. The posters saying you are all drama are way out of line.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
reply to post by wildoracle13

Your right to fly is to buy your own jet, fuel and pilot.

Not what the airline "company" "owes" us Americans.
edit on 22-6-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

If the T.S.A actually starts these security check points at bus stops and train/ subways/ trolleys, will you complain that they have hindered your right for ground transportation. No, you simply must need to purchase a vehicle for your self. your right has not been hindered, the transportation companies simply want there passengers and employees in the least danger possible.
edit on 22-6-2011 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

You are right, I do agree that it is not my "right" as an american to fly, take a train/subway/trolley etc. but it is my right to vote for my city councilmen. Those that would have us hire TSA to harrass the citizens of my town would not receive my vote. Isn't that how it would work? Thankfully I only worry about TSA and flying on commercial airlines a few times a decade and the only public transportation we have in our town consists of a 1940's model trolley with plywood seats and a single taxi. The driver is usually sober if you catch him before 5 pm. As for you poor souls that have to fear living in your gigantic cities, maybe you need TSA? Maybe you want TSA to feel safer.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join