It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an "enhanced" TSA pat-down, and I cried..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'm guessing the posters here who are saying 'get over it' are possibly very young and never been in a meaningful relationship with a women or have families. Either that or a general disrespect for women in general.

I'm pretty sure if these posters respected, cared deeply and were protective over a women or child they would feel disgusted that they are made to line up and be 'felt up' by strangers. Just as you would not want your significant other to be groped by strangers in any other situation.

Also to the posters that criticise the USA in particular, Scanners are operational in some UK airports and you DO NOT have the option of a pat down. I doubt anywhere or anyone in the western world is exempt from this agenda, so don't be smug.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
I will look like a heartless idiot for asking this but I have to: Why is getting patted down such a big deal? It isn't a 'sexual' act like some like to make it seem or? I understand it's a invasion of privacy but that pretty much is an issue for the courts or the politicians. As a individual you can take the car or get a private plane, otherwise you pretty much have to play by the rules..

It is a big deal, when it goes beyond invasion of privacy. Women have said that their genitals were touched. There are criminals in prison and on sexual offenders listings for doing what TSA does in the airport. Why is it legal for TSA to touch genitals in airports, but on the outside of the building, a person could go to jail or spend their life listed as a sexual offender for doing the same thing?

If you need someone to touch your genitals, because it makes you feel safe to get on a plane, by all means, do so. However, the people who don't want that and see it as insanity, will speak out against that.

And yeah, like everyone can afford a private plane.
Get real.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
People, I know these are 'hard times' and that being searched in this humiliating manner is to be expected. But haven't you already been trained then to accept this as a quick an effective way to be checked and whatever they gotta do, let them do? Luckily for me, when I left the US for South Korea, they were still using the normal metal detectors. I've flown out of Korea and to Japan twice this year... and I didn't even have to take my shoes off. I emptied my pockets put my backpack in a bin, waited until it was all right to cross, crossed, got my things and left. Didn't even have to take my shoes off. Not every country is doing this new scanner thing...

I'm a virgin on purpose (and I know a load of you will think it's stupid since the idea is so foreign now). I want to be able to make it up to my wedding day without being touched that way. And if I were to elect the pat down, I really don't see how I could personally admit to myself that I was still a virgin after being involuntarily touched in places I had never been touched by anyone before. Personally mind you, I know it's different for other people. Or for the scanners. Which is better? Being fully clothed and knowing full well someone is seeing you naked from afar, or being able to witness the person feeling you up? Both are humiliating. With the scanners, you can almost pretend it never happened because no one touched you and you were still clothed. But with the pat down you can be certain almost that no image of yourself is being saved on anyone's harddrives, but you have to go through being touched.

Anyone ever see Schindler's List? There's this one part I remember where the Nazi had the Jews run by the doctors naked so they could see who looked sick. Some of you might think it was very convenient, but that seems to me to be what they're doing to people now.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I had previously stated emphatically that I would not ever fly and submit to the TSA.

I just realized that is not 100% correct.

I will submit to the TSA to get on a plane once. When I leave this country for good. Given that the TSA is supposedly now in train stations, that may be sooner than I thought.

I don't want to "organize anything" per the rules of this site, but I want to ask anyone who knows. What are my exact rights in terms of protesting the TSA? What can I legally do and say? Can I video? Can I protest inside the airport/train station/bus station until asked to leave? Can I protest outside after that? If anyone could point me to guidelines and maybe send me a link to other people discussing this issue, I would be most appreciative.

Because I have HAD IT.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Observer99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Let's not forget what the bottom line is here people. It's about money and control.

At present the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) lists the TSA’s budget at US $8,164,780,000. TSA's Budget is over 8 Billion Dollars and they want more to expand and put checkpoints all over America just like any prison colony. They want to police you without your Constitution protections. Is this what you want. Do you want the TSA to check you without your Constitution protections every time you get on the bus, train or travel on a highway?

The world use to look up to the USA as a leader of Freedom & Liberty. Now the TSA has made America a joke that nobody wants to visit or live.

Homeland Security is a Criminal Corporation - they are not here to protect you they are here to remove your protections.

edit on 23-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The point of all of this IMO is that the TSA should not being doing this to begin with. Yes I see it as a violation of my rights, illegal search. The fact that this is accepted behavior by our government only reinforces the fact that the terrorists are winning. Their goal is to destroy America and her freedoms. If you are comfortable with this nazi behavior, then you are not a patriot and do not deserve to live in this country. If you are afraid of a terrorist boarding your plane, then maybe you should voice your outrage at a government that cannot secure it's borders. We are not the problem, our government is the problem. Until our boarders are secure, things will only get worse. Terrorists will find ways to attack us if they can get into our country.

Stop being complacent about our government violating your rights! Stand up and demand your government protect you as instructed in the US Constitution!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
Really...you thought you would go through the airport with no security check or that no one check your bags?? That isn't reality. We all know and should be prepared to go thru security at an airport. And please, do not liken a pat-down to rape or being sexually assaulted. I have gone thru airport security with hundreds of other people and I dont recall ANYONE crying about it. Geeez....

edit on 22-6-2011 by Lynzer because: (no reason given)

I don't think that you read the post objectively. Of course, I knew I had to go through security. Of course, I knew that there was a possibility of an "enhanced" search. I am simply describing my situation and how I handled it. A few members seem to think I'm some kind of emotional wreck. I can accept that my anxiety leading up to the traveling may have contributed to my reaction, but for the love of my country, why are so many of you non-complacent about what our government is doing to it's citizens?
I cannot accept the argument that it's for my safety. That's b.s.!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
christine76 -- you are as responsible as the criminal TSA agents. You chose to fly knowing by doing so you were validating their illegal search practices. You talk about children being conditioned to accept it. They just watched their mother submit to it. Again, you are responsible for that.

I will never get on a plane as long as these criminals are in control.
If they extend these evil practices to shopping malls and the like, I will be out there protesting loudly, day in and day out.
If they extend these evil practices to roads and try to stop my car, I will not submit. They can arrest me or do anything they want, I will never submit. I will never give them the validation.

If every American stood up like that, refusing to fly and refusing to submit, THIS WOULD END TODAY.

I would think that submitting to it would have been standing there with a straight face and telling my children there is nothing to worry about. I would think that an intelligent person would see that I was protesting the best way I could through. I am old enough to know that throwing tantrums don't work, going to jail would not have benefited my situation, I don't have it on video for you tube, so I brought my story here.
I will not be flying again, that will be my ongoing protest.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
reply to post by christine76

OMG...Are you kidding me right now? I flew home on sept 10th 2001 from LA to Chicago...and flew less than three months post 911...day and night lady. As far as your "pins" in your ankle and such...if you have been on a plane in the last decade you would know that you need a doctors note for such a condition. I really dont feel you were violated in any manor....you may want to take some xanax next time you travel...So put your big girl pants on and get over it

I wish people would read a whole thread before adding their 2 cents. I have flown with surgical hardware in both legs since my accident in 2005!!! My first flight after my accident was to Cancun, Mexico - lots of federales with machine guns, but no crotch skimming!!

I have never, ever alerted another metal detector at any airport in the country!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
I will look like a heartless idiot for asking this but I have to: Why is getting patted down such a big deal? It isn't a 'sexual' act like some like to make it seem or? I understand it's a invasion of privacy but that pretty much is an issue for the courts or the politicians. As a individual you can take the car or get a private plane, otherwise you pretty much have to play by the rules..

At the time it was as if I was being stripped of my freedom's as an American citizen. As a person who follows all the rules I felt like I was being punished for some boogey man that may or may not show up in the airport one day. I pride myself on being an American. I was raised that way, and I thought I had an understanding of what makes this country great. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, right? Well, when those things are being stripped away - it's a sad day. I guess that was my day.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If you feel that anxious about flying, and were tearing up at the mere thought of of a pat down, maybe you shouldn't of flown. It was a vacation, no reason you couldn't hop on a train or a car. You had options.

All you are teaching your children is to get upset and dramatic at a simple security screen. Congratuations, you are teaching them to be afraid of everything.

As for security looking like people are being herded like cattle, nice dramatization there, but of course people look herded, they are also herded through a paddock gate into a metal box.

You set off the alarm, the tsa agent was doing her job. Just because you had scars doesnt' mean you don't have anything else. Same reason they did away with the cards showing that you have metal, it can be forged.

I wonder how you would be behave in an actual serious scenario.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

If she has two kids she has been "felt up" by plenty of strangers. There is nothing that takes away modesty better then being pregnant and having a child.

This is a clinical setting just like a hospital.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by christine76
I would think that submitting to it would have been standing there with a straight face and telling my children there is nothing to worry about. I would think that an intelligent person would see that I was protesting the best way I could through. I am old enough to know that throwing tantrums don't work, going to jail would not have benefited my situation, I don't have it on video for you tube, so I brought my story here.
I will not be flying again, that will be my ongoing protest.

I hope your kids know about your decision and the reason behind it. I can't even imagine what kids are learning in school these days about the principles of this country (if anything), I do remember being proud of my country as a child and feeling that it was great that so many people stood against the tyranny of other countries and leaders and were willing to die to make their own country based on freedom. How much the history books have been cooked, I dunno, but the principles of this country are certainly very sound. A lot of quotes from our founding fathers are very sound and pro-freedom. I can't believe how far we've fallen, especially in the past 10 years. It seems like real freedom is something very fleeting and unfortunately has to be paid for frequently, and just like our national debt, the payment is long overdue.

I'm glad you will be avoiding flying, unfortunately that's not really enough though. You do realize that they have started going to train stations:

TSA Lies To Justify Illegal Train Station Grope-Down
www.infowars.com...

and doing other large operations:

TSA Security exercise covers 3 states, 5000 miles
statehouse.org...

Personally, I'm going to be looking into actively protesting the TSA. As a person of conscience that believes in freedom, I have no other choice. I'll have to figure out if anyone is organizing anything locally. Unfortunately I think people can't organize anything on this forum.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

How has there not been a law suit arguing that this protocol violates the fourth amendments right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

They have no probable cause to even do a TERRY STOP AND FRISK! How in the hell can they justify themselves as having the ability to do a full full body scan WITHOUT probable cause when a both the terry stop and terry frisk have to be reasonable (aka you can only stop someone if you have reasonable belief that they committed a crime or about to commit a crime or something is going down that is odd; and you can only frisk them for weapons in a terry frisk without them having actually been nailed for a crime -- meaning the frisk can only be entrusive enough to see if there is a weapon on the person, you can't strip them down, you can't start reaching into small pockets).

EDIT: There is a lawsuit against the scanners, I expect the TSA to get destroyed. www.technewsdaily.com... port-scanner-privacy-health-concerns-0993/
edit on 23-6-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Lol white people are so sensitive, my god.

JK, but seriously, is it something to cry over my god? If i was there i would of told you to shut up

People on this forum are retarded.
I grew up with people who disobeyed cops all the time like it wasn't nothing, but the losers on this website aren't willing to do anything and just talk about disobedience to cops and on the net.
edit on 23-6-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

JK, but seriously, is it something to cry over my god? If i was there i would of told you to shut up

You obviously have no respect for the rights guaranteed to you by the Constitution. Oh well...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

You obviously have no respect for the rights guaranteed to you by the Constitution. Oh well...

I'm black, I don't give a damn about the constitution as it was meant for WHITE MEN.
I'd piss on the founding fathers graves if I could.

How they going to preach about freedoms with they owned slaves?
Sometimes I wish the british would of slaughtered them for their hypocrisy.

How come they believed in freedom, and religious freedom.
Yet they owned slaves, and forced them to convert?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

As is apparent. BTW, that is NOT something to be proud of.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

reply to post by DuceizBack

As is apparent. BTW, that is NOT something to be proud of.

I wouldn't literally piss on their graves, It's just stating that I don't think too highly of them as most white americans do.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm black, I don't give a damn about the constitution as it was meant for WHITE MEN.
I'd piss on the founding fathers graves if I could.

How they going to preach about freedoms with they owned slaves?
Sometimes I wish the british would of slaughtered them for their hypocrisy.

How come they believed in freedom, and religious freedom.
Yet they owned slaves, and forced them to convert?

What the framers of the Constitution did has no bearing on whether or not this violates YOUR rights and whether or NOT you should be concerned. How could God advocate slavery in the bible? Would you piss on that too?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join