It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel system on East Bank of the Euphrates River Hides Chemical Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This information is not derived from conventional sources

It is very important I think,

I was reading this story on www.newsmax.com copied below.

---------------clip------------------------

Suspicious Activities

In recent days a number of suspicious activities have surfaced around Damascus, the Syrian capital.

Last Sunday, Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri slipped past coalition troops in northern Iraq to surface in Damascus on his way to an Arab summit in Cairo.

After the Cairo summit, Sabri returned to Damascus only to again pop up in Baghdad shortly thereafter.

"It sure has us stumped. We don't know what's going on and how he [Sabri] is moving in and out of the country," confided one State Department official who requested anonymity.

Israel also has warned that Syria has chemical and biological weapons programs, similar to those previously found in Iraq, currently in operation. Recently, Jerusalem accused Damascus of housing a number of secret weapons which the government of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein moved out of the country in advance of the return of U.N. arms inspectors last December.

Syria has strongly denied the Israeli charges.

-----------------------end of clip------------------------------------

Remote viewing derived into

I was then wondering and ask myself how this could be done without our forces knowing that it happened. I then went into the other room to rest and these images flooded my mind as if they were a movie I was watching in my head. I was transported into the past and to Iraq in the vision. Then I saw a big barge with 8' diamater reinforced concrete pipes stacked up on it.In front of it was another barge with a crane on one end and a dredging scoop on the other end was dredging the East bank of the Euphrates River and then the crane would place a section of the concrete pipe into the dredged out area of the East Bank.

I wondered for a few moments what it all means. Then in another vision I saw Iraq soldiers using this as a transit system to go into and out of Syria moving chemical, biological and nuclear weapons into and out of Iraq. Also the fighters encountered on the East bank of the Euphrates today were using the tunnel system under the East bank to escape shelling by the American forces.

These visions make sense to me as this type of operation would be simple and cheap to acomplish and it was done during the reconstruction right after the first war with Iraq to liberate Kuwait. It was done as a back door for the elite forces of Iraq and to move weapons wihtout them being seen by American satellites. Under the mud of the Euphrates River and the water it would not be visible on FLIR images or any kind of satellite.

I do not know what to do with this information to get it into the hands of the American command but I am feeling very sure that there is indeed a tunnel system on the East Bank of the Euphrates river all the way into Syria and perhaps well South of Bagdad.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think I would e-mail President Bush. Who know's you could be right.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Pretty interesting suggestion. Are you saying that you were thinking this could be possible, which it probably could be, or were you actually having "visions" somewhat like a dream??

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I thought the same thing and sent a copy of this message to the whitehouse just in case they actually read this stuff coming in.

I was reading the story on NewsMax web site and when I wondered how they could have gone into Syria from Iraq without being seen, this vision was the response to the question in my mind.

I can only explain it as a spontaneous remote viewing episode. I did some research after this, and indeed there were dredging operations on the Euphrates on a constant basis over the years since the last war.

Saddam fancies himself a student of military history. He I am sure is aware of the effect that the tunnels of ChuChi had on US forces in Vietnam and wanted to have that advantage for himself.

The only problem it that he does not have the cover of dense jungle canopy and swampy clay that will cover the thermal signature of an underground tunnel of that size into Syria that was enjoyed by Vietnam during that conflict.

Only the soft mud of the Euphrates and under the water could he have this advantage of thermal invisibility to satellites and FLIR on aircraft such as the AC-130 Gun Ships.

It just makes sense and if it was done many hears ago the US intelligence may have missed this completely. These tunnles could get Saddam to a Syrian hospital if injured or obtain WMS systems for use on US troops as they approach Bagdad. The Euphrates will be behind them as they approach the city. They could get blind sided if I am seeing something that is really happening.

The problem with info obtained from remote viewing is that it must be checked and this requires some connections to get done.

If I could just direct 1 bunker buster bomb to the East bank of the Euphrates North of Bagdad we would know real quick as the water from the river swelled into the cavity of the tunnel system.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
knewztyme,

I believe the White House reads all e-mails, for security purposes. What you say sure makes sense to me. You could even call the White House to be sure they got the message. What's the worse thing that could happen if your wrong. They will just flush it. But if your right you could save many lives! Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have managed to get this information to a trusted friend who has the ability to check out the vision and see if it is true. This person does some advisor work for the DOD. He said much of what you said that it sounds very possible and can be checked out pretty easy. If it checks out they will task a bunker buster to the location.

If they find where it comes up in Syria they are in for some deep dodo as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How far is Syria from Baghdad?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Tunnel technology today is a joke

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I dont know anything about it, could you explain why Toltec?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Look closely at MOAB and consider something 20 times its size. Bury such a weapon at a location relative to the offensive tunnel and detonate it. Fact of the matter is there will be no real collateral damage, this because there are no civilian subways within range. The shock wave generated by such a weapon does the rest.

Keep in mind there is no radiation

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This was clipped from this web site and seems to indicate a high utilization by the Iraq regime of tunnel warfare.
www.stevequayle.com...

After all if your enemy controls the skies where else have you to go but deep underground to evade him.

-----clip---------

Underground fortresses

But it is his system of well-protected and fully-stocked tunnels that has military planners concerned.

Intelligence data obtained by DEBKA-Net-Weekly sources shows that Saddam has built tunnel systems in and around 15 Iraqi cities, including the capital, Baghdad. Each tunnel is believed to be 20 to 25 meters (65 to 80 feet) deep, a record for underground tunnels in active military use. Similar tunnels dug in the West to withstand nuclear, chemical or biological are only 18 meters (60 feet) deep.

The southernmost tunnel complexes are located in Al Qurnah, north of the port city of Basra and span the meeting point of Iraq's two biggest rivers, the Euphrates and Tigris. The northernmost system is in Tikrit, Saddam's tribal hometown, midway between the northern oil city of Kirkuk and Baghdad.

The following is a list of 15 cities or towns where intelligence operatives now in Iraq report the military is using tunnel systems:

Southern and eastern Iraq: Al Qurnah, Al Nasiriyah, Al Kut, Ar-Rifai, Amarah.

Central Iraq: Baghad, Al Mahmudiyah, Al Hillah, Afak, As Samawah, Al Haditha, Hit, Fallujah.

Northern Iraq: Tikrit, Baqubah.

The tunnels were built by hundreds of North Korean and Chinese engineers, members of their respective countries' engineering corps, and trained intelligence officers. Several dozen Bulgarians and Belarusians took part in the construction as well. According to reliable intelligence data, at least 15 to 20 Russian engineers and technicians - most of them military intelligence officers - were attached to the Bulgarian and Belarusian contingents. The special excavation equipment still in Iraq came mainly from China, South Korea and France.

Most of the entrances and exits of the tunnel systems fall within the defensive perimeter of the Iraqi army. They are wide enough to enable forces fighting in the area to seek shelter inside, where they can refuel and rearm before returning to the battlefield. Alternately, they can fight from the upper entrances to the tunnels, some five to six meters (15 to 20 feet) under ground. In the event of an overwhelming bombardment by aircraft, missiles, artillery or tanks, they can abandon their weapons, which will then become an integral part of the tunnel's fortifications, and move to deeper levels to fight a guerrilla war.

Each tunnel system is self-contained and most have enough water, fuel and ammunition to sustain three weeks of fighting. The tunnel system around the Tigris River running through Baghdad includes purification facilities in the event of nuclear, chemical or biological attack and two fuel reservoirs. The larger reservoir holds 250,000 liters (58,000 gallons) of mainly diesel fuel. The smaller one contains 140,000 liters (33,000 gallons).

Intelligence officials believe that soldiers or other government forces using a given tunnel will require an average of 80,000 to 100,000 liters (19,000 to 25,000 gallons) of fuel per week. With frugal use, the supply could last up to two months.

Those inside will also be able to tap another source of supplies: the essential commodities - fuel, candles and first aid kits - which the government has been handing out to the civilian populations of the 15 cities over the past 10 days. Water should be no problem because underground sources were discovered during construction. Water can also be pumped in from aquifers scattered over vast areas of Iraq.

According to DEBKA-Net-Weekly's intelligence sources, a total of 50,000 to 70,000 soldiers and government functionaries will be able to use the 45 tunnel systems. Tunnel entrances and exits have been found so far in heavily populated urban areas - mainly in narrow alleyways - and on open ground in or near cities. In a bid to confuse US reconnaissance planes and satellites, millions of reeds have been planted in open areas where the tunnels are located. It is an old Iranian trick, used by Tehran in its war with Iraq in the 1980s. The Iranians found that US reconnaissance satellites over the Shaat al-Arab area had a hard time picking up troop concentrations and military movements - mainly speed boats hidden during the day but moving at night - in the reed marshes.

Several Iraqi tunnel entrances are linked to nearby rivers by wide canals obscured by reeds. These channels will be used as escape routes or conduits for reinforcements.

Saddam's courier legion

According to DEBKA-Net Weekly's military and intelligence sources, Saddam will order troops inside and outside the tunnels to maintain complete radio and data transmission hush before the US attack, on the assumption that the invading force will try to shut down Iraqi communications lines and centers.

Therefore, the sophisticated US monitoring equipment will pick up only static and be unable to track Iraqi forces movements by their usual electronic trails.

Even the communications and public address systems in the tunnels will be silenced. With communications down, Saddam will use an army of as many as 50,000 couriers in small, fast vehicles, including motorcycles and motor scooters, or even on foot. Saddam got the idea from Chinese intelligence officers who operated until recently out of Baghdad and from al Qaeda operatives, who have arrived in the Iraqi capital over the past two months or maintained courier contact with the Iraqi leadership.

DEBKA-Net-Weekly's intelligence sources report that the Chinese intelligence officers who helped the Iraqis set up the courier service, modeled it on a similar system run by the Chinese MSM intelligence agency. The MSM has no communications networks and uses couriers instead for delivering orders to its agents in the field.

Keeping casualties down - at first

According to DEBKA-Net-Weekly's military sources, Saddam was busy last week holding meetings in his central bunker in Baghdad with small groups of senior political figures and military and intelligence officers. He personally assigned each group its mission, its tunnel or bunker and its area of responsibility, whether political or military.

Information reaching DEBKA-Net-Weekly indicates that Saddam told his officers and followers frankly that hard times lay ahead of them and their families. Some would be called upon to lay down their lives for "the noble cause of the Iraqi people". Iraqis, he said proudly, were the only people prepared to fight for "Moslem, Arab and Iraqi honor". But he gave each the chance to opt out. Those who felt unable to move into the tunnels or other assigned positions, were removed from duty and allowed to rejoin their families.

Saddam also shared some of his thinking on the tactics he planned for the opening phases of the American assault. His primary goal, he said, was to lead the first stage to a stalemate - no major US victory and no massive Iraqi defeat. By waging war from fortified tunnels inside Iraqi cities, including Baghdad, he would prevent the Americans from capturing those cities as quickly as they had planned - that is, if those defenses hold up. The Americans and their allies will have no option but to pour massive reinforcements into the campaign and revise their war plans.

According to DEBKA-Net-Weekly's military and intelligence sources, Saddam left his audience impressed by his determination to spare no means to achieve this objective.

As soon as the US assault begins, he intends to order the use of chemical and biological weapons against what he described as "the attacking forces and their helpers", and inflict as many casualties as possible. Saddam did not disclose the location of the non-conventional weapons systems or say who would operate them. He also gave no clue about any nuclear weapons in his arsenal. But in several conversations, he raised the following two points:

A.
Iraq's cities will not suffer alone. Key cities in the United States and in European countries taking part in the war will also come under attack. Saddam did not name them or say how they would be struck. But he did mention that "Iraqi-made weapons" would almost certainly be used. It was the first time Saddam has given any sort of clue that Iraq's weapons of mass destruction would be used by Iraqi military intelligence's secret terrorist cells or by other terrorist groups. He said he believed the number of casualties in Iraqi cities and in those Iraq punished would be "colossal in relation to any previous war".

B.
Saddam dwelt on the fighting spirit of the US army. He claimed that several of his most loyal officers had recently talked to CIA officers serving under cover in Iraq and found that US morale was not high. He said that there were deep differences of opinion within the Bush administration on the conduct of the war, its final goals and the ways in which Iraq would be remolded.

Saddam declared that the combination of Iraqi fighting prowess, high American casualties and strikes on US and allied cities would guarantee Iraq's survival in the first stage of the offensive. After that, Saddam said, the world will have changed and countries and their armed forces will rally to Iraq's side. He did not name his potential allies.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
How far is Syria from Baghdad?

I believe it would make the tunnel between England and France look simple.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have been doing some research and that simply does not seem that hard to do. Along a river in the shallow area near the banks dredging up a bit of mud and laying some prefab pipe is not that difficult or expensive. It is simply a dry pipeline. They have laid miles and miles of it to divert water from the Euphrates River and this would be no different.

From France to England you have to go under the Ocean in the channel. I would not call that a fair comparison at all.

top topics

join