It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Pilger - A Fantastic and Experianced Indepdenent Journalist 'The War You Don't See' - Politi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
FYI: I posted this in the Disinfo forum and have no replies..... it is amazing considering the amount of crap people talk about when discussing MSM and the government on this site. Mods feel free to delete my other thread but out of all the media and content i post this is what i am most passionate about and it actually stress' me out when no one can bother replying, especially when this is factual and real compared to the other junk that appears on this site from time to time.

I hope it makes a difference for you as it did for me!

John Pilger - 'The War You Don't See' - Politics vs the Media and Public

Hi All,

I wanted to share some fantastic documentaries i have watched recently. One more so tha other called ' The War You Don't See' which looks at journalism and the role it plays during wartime and the propaganda fed to journalist's and how it contributed to public opinion before Iraq and Afganistan along with Vietnam and other major wars.

He has some fantastic interviews and asks the hard questions to people that lied to the public along with others that only ever try to tell the truth but are often drowned out by lies and propaganda.

There is also a couple other documentaries he has done which are with sharing, many focus on recent wars and the difference between embedded journalists vs independents that see the real stories on the ground regarding civilian death and what the government and military class as ''worthy and unworthy casualties''

It is very eye opening and sad but it is something that needs to be seen!

I will show a couple of trailers first to summarise the shows but the first clip i show of ''the war you dont see is very sadening'' it also includes interviews with many major MSM previous editor in chiefs and puts them under pressure for listening to and beleiving the propganda stories and also has a great interview with Assange and refelcts his personal views about the 'Military Industrial Complex' and where it is headed.

5/5 Tin Foil Hats for this rating

The War You Don't See - Airdate: Tuesday 21 Jun 2011 10:05pm SBSONE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/061ba55b8628.jpg[/atsimg]

Renowned filmmaker and award-winning Australian journalist John Pilger explores the role of media in war in his commanding and timely documentary, The War You Don’t See.

Pilger, himself a war correspondent, traces the history of embedded and independent reporting from the carnage of the First World War to the destruction of Hiroshima, the invasion of Vietnam to modern-day conflict in the Middle East.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42a124e9ba91.jpg[/atsimg]

He exposes how the practice of embedding journalists within the military controls not only what they are allowed to see, but how they are allowed to report it, and that “voluntary embedding” extends right across the media. Full Synopsis

Full Versions

( I have added 2/2 first because i want you to watch part two first, the very first part of it in regard to the false intel and bombing of an afghan village and is disturbing and something you dont hear about on the MSM news.)

John Pilger - Breaking The Silence

John Pilger - Breaking The Silence (Truth, Lies and Videotape)

Breaking the Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror

The documentary investigates George W Bush's "war on terror". In "liberated" Afghanistan, America has its military base and pipeline access, while the people have the warlords who are, says one women, "in many ways worse than the Taliban". In Washington, a series of remarkable interviews includes senior Bush officials and former intelligence officers. In the week that the Hutton inquiry into the death of the British scientist Dr David Kelly releases its report, a former senior CIA official tells Pilger that the whole issue of weapons of mass destruction was "95 per cent charade".

Google Video Link

John Pilger - The New Rulers of the World

The myths of globalisation have been incorporated into much of our everyday language. "Thinking globally" and "the global economy" are part of a jargon that assumes we are all part of one big global village, where national borders and national identities no longer matter. But what is globalisation? And where is this global village? In 2001, John Pilger made 'The New Rulers of the World', a film exploring the impact of globalisation.

The New Rulers of the World(IMDb)

So the main event i would have to say is ' The War You Don't See' but all of John Pilger's documenataries are fantastic and he has been a journalist and reporter for many years and has seen alot of things that the normal everyday person would cringe at and could not beleive in thier wildest dreams......

These types of show's and doco's need to be aired on MSM networks and need much more publicity! Otherwise propaganda will always defeat media and sway public opinion as we all saw leading up to the Iraq INVASION of a soveriegn country.

What did you think?

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
War throughout history, has been made out to be a prestigious, divine action that is spun to the people of the "winning team" to be just and good. So to show pictures on MSM of dead children or scared little girls with their hands up and solders yelling at old ladies and shoving them to the ground doesn't help their cause.. so media control is paramount. Sorry to state the obvious.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost in america

No that's fine and yes you are right that is the obvious part of war that we see.

The question i want to ask is;

Is it right?

Is it justified?

Why is it that we the allies have some type of immunity to 'accidental' civilian death going back over the last 100 years or more?

I made a thread about Hiroshima that was very critical of the US and it's use of Atomic Weapons but yet that has never been addressed although that is a whole other discussion....

Have you seen this clip from Ethan Mccord? He was one of the first soldiers on the ground after the 'Collateral Damage/Murder '' incident.

The below clip is more in-depth and contains a proper interview with Ethan and footage of the incident -

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lost in america

you are completely right.

they are lying about everything but it all comes down to the people.

people of the world are mostly stupid ignorant and uneducated bastards and the elites are just using that.

the swine doesn't appreciate the pearl you give to them.

so don't give it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Although at many times 'the people of the world' cannot be blamed for making decisions or judgements on certain issues or events because they were given false information.

Fair enough some people have the know-how or forsight to look outside the MSM and look at other sources and find out for themselves what is actually happening in the world.

But on the toher hand some people are ignorant.... maybe that is to strong a word. They are nieve and take MSM and government statements and perspective for granted. In the end it does not come down to them being stupid but it comes down to lies being told and the disgusting fact that the perpetrators of these lies and deceit are never held accountable.

It seems that some countries are immune to international condemation whilst others are persecuted. It's abit like selective hearing in some way... do you know what i mean?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Seems like a great thread. But many, many on ATS do no like video. For me, it is far, far to slow (i prefer to read). As well, i mostly am on ATS while in the bedroom with the laptop. Others like to watch TV, so i cannot make them listen to a video.

I saw your frustration and thought I might help with that info.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just as the hysterical and rabid John Pilger gave us the verb to pilgerise (to distort events and presume malice and the existence of conspiracies)

www.brookesnews.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The actual full version of the doco was available online a couple months ago as this was not the first time it had aired on TV here but it has since been removed for 'copyright reasons' and even know some parts seem slow the entire documentary is fanatstic but sad at the same time.

Refering to the above clips even know the youtube clips show part 1 and 2, it is only abut half of the full version which runs for about 70 minutes with some fantastic interviews.

What annoyed me is that this what many people on ATS complain about - MSM lies or lack of covereage etc and here he have this great doco that actually puts it out there and ask's the tough questions and no one cares....

edit on 25-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

no, he actually goes out and tells the truth and the stories that are to hard for MSM to cover or just dont want to cover or worse yet - 'aren't allowed to cover'

If you dont like it then don't watch and enjoy ignorance friend

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just wanted to add a general reply.

It saddens me that this thread seems to have fizzled out and not becuase i wanted S/F ratings but i would have rathered some real discussion about this topic and the role MSM reporting or lack thereof has on public opinion.

For the people that are interested in this story i would like to share a movie i watched recently that actually touches on the subject of MSM reporting and living within war zones.

5 Days Of War

5 Days of War - IMDb

Before i watched it i thought it may have not been worth my time but after watching it was a great story.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
John Pilger is a hero of the people but looked a bit of a prick back in the 1960's and the BBC slowly pushed his films out by playing them later and later at night and now they don't play them at all.

I hope he does somrthing about the lies being told about Libya because i have done my research and what we are beng told is just as fake as the WMD we got arter 9/11.

John Pilger is one of the very few in the trade who are doing the job people exspect them to do and the zionist BBC are being shown forr who they are by people like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that the Hessdalen posted works and has the full version - although page is in Chinese(i think) and it has Chinese or Mandarin subtitles the full clip works but cannot be embedded.

I noticed the full version links i posted above have since been removed on copyright grounds...
It annoys me but at the same time i understand they want to make money on the production.

You would think they would be smart enough to realise that most people are not going to spend $30+ on a dvd. Why not share it for free when as Pilger said ' it's about our RIGHT to know ''

Anyways the link works

The War You Don't See - Full Version Streaming

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
***Update****

I just wanted to add the full version that is now finally available online -

Sadening.....

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree. Pilger does great work. He writes regularly for the New Statesman.
www.newstatesman.com...

He is also a great public speaker. Here he gave a lecture about his book "Freedom next time".

Freedom next time

A classic is also John Pilger's speech about the two sides of Barack Obama

The two sides of Barack Obema

If you like Pilger, you will probably also like Robert Fisk.

Robert Fisk - The Age of the Warrior

top topics

join