posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
I've got a big black cloud hanging over my head at the moment, and whenever I'm reminded that it's there, I'm faced with feelings of guilt,
anxiety and fear.
The problem is this: My son is approaching 2 and I still haven't taken him for his MMR vaccination. The initial reason for this, when it was first
offered to him, was because like a lot of other mothers of babies his age, I felt he was too young and I wanted to delay it for at least 6 months or
However, as those months have gone by, I've read an abundance of horror stories about the nasty things that these vaccines contain and the dreadful
things that they can do. It's not very reassuring either, when you hear that some countries have banned the vaccine altogether.
So it came to a point where I decided not to go through with the vaccine.
However, I'm wondering if I've made the correct decision for my son. A couple of things have made me question my decision. A few weeks ago, my son
came down with a virus and wasn't himself for a few days - fever, no appetite and generally unwell and not his usual, happy self and a nasty rash all
over his body. The Dr said it was "just a virus" and that he'd be back to normal in a few days - and he was. But it frightened me and made me
think. What if it was measles or something equally as bad?
The other thing that has prompted me to write this thread today - in a conversation with my grandma on the phone last night, she asked me if my son
had had his measles vaccine yet. I told her no, and she told me that measles is something that my grandad and my mother have both come down with VERY
badly as children - so much so that they both ended up in hospital and suffered problems with their eyesight.
So now I'm understandably very worried. The thought of someone injecting that stuff into my beautiful little boy fills me with fear and anger and it
makes me feel sick. I have always, always followed my gut instincts and my gut is telling me NO, don't do it, it's wrong. On the other hand, the
thought of my beautiful little boy becoming extremely ill at the hands of what could be a very poor, irresponsible decision that I have made - well it
just doesn't bare thinking about.
Can anyone who is well knowledged in this field offer me advice?
Am I doing the right thing?
What would you do?
Other parents - has your child had the MMR vaccine? What influenced your decision?