It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a cop slammed two of my friends on the floor for basically no reason. all they were doing was laughing and joking around. he said they looked like they were "gonna fight" but they were laughing and even gave eachother a hug
and then when i told him that wasnt right and tried to help my friend up he slammed me too

i don't understand why they try to arrest people for small things when there bigger things going on. especially in the city i live in, the cops seem to never be around when something major happens, but they're ready to arrest someone when they're joking around and hugging eachother 0.o smh

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think all the cops we have today were trained in Nazi Germany...bottom line: rights? what rights? there's no such thing in America, anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yet again, police doing horrible things to people because they feel "unsafe". This is a common theme in cases such as this. Police safety seems to be more important than everyone elses, despite the fact that they signed up to a dangerous position to begin with.

If I was that woman, I would have went inside, locked the doors, and continued filming anyhow. I would be willing to bet they'd call in reinforcements, bust down the door, and treat her as if she had just committed murder.

Anti-terror laws are clearly being abused everywhere, by law enforcement officials who believe the laws they enforce do not apply to themselves. This is just plain wrong, and it has to stop.

Edit: This is similar to a case a few weeks ago in Montreal, Canada. The police once again didn't feel safe, then shot and killed and innocent man while they were trying to apprehend a mentally deficient man who was rummaging in garbage.
edit on 15-7-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
the cops are way out of control...not to mention corrupt, no matter where you go....and the really sad part is that nothing is done about it, even after an "official investigation"....i had a texas dept. of public safety idiot pull me over one time, in 2004...because he claimed my license plate had expired.....all that dufus had to do was run the plate...but, no....that would be way too easy..instead, he decides to pull me over....ask to see my registration, etc.....i guess he got tired of chasing after real criminals, or illegals that crossed the border.....and the nearest donut shop was in Laredo....about 30 miles south of where we were at!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

That's just it. I hate to think this, but it really seems like they do the easy thing instead of fighting real crime. I would feel much safer if they were doing more to combat the violence and gang activity in our area instead of just pulling people over for seat belt and speeding violations. Also, traffic tickets bring in money whereas drug busts are dangerous to them. I mean come on!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Btw those who commented that she should've just gone inside to tape, I doubt it would've made any difference. Once the cop has it in with you even if you comply you can still get hauled away.

That's why Jeff Patch says he taped the late night Ybor City incident outside the club in May. He says the police officers didn't like it. But even after Patch stepped at least 15 feet away, the officers came over, confiscated his cell phone, and arrested him.

OBSTRUCTING OR OPPOSING AN OFFICER WITHOUT

I think this one is Without violence however the comment cuts off for some reason.

PINAC

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
The thread title is a lie, the woman repeatedly lied in the video, and the cops were being civil and humane.

You guys are really trying to poo poo the cops in this thread.

I'm all for calling out police brutality and whatnot, but this isn't a case I'd stand up for.

I agree and we dont even get to see what happened BEFORE she began recording, and the police officer stated "based on what you said before recording" so there was probally alot more to this especially if she was actually charged.

based on the evidence from the video the police did nothing wrong, there was no brutality, he was calm and civil with his instructions and she continued to ignore them.

if the police dont feel safe they have the right to ask a citizen to move, there was really no reason why she couldn't just move further back and go to here house and continue recording. she was just trying to instigate the police.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZoowopDashOne

i don't understand why they try to arrest people for small things when there bigger things going on.

It is called the "Broken Window" method. You can thank Rudy G from NYC for making it the biggest buzz in Law Enforcement. Despite the fact that it is still hotly debated many places have taken it as gospel. Unfortunately that means a lot of people get caught in bad situations because officers are given broad discretion to enforce "acceptable" social norms,

top topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join