It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It amazes me how many police officers do not know the laws that they accuse citizens of breaking. If I you are ever in this situation, then ask the officer what law are you breaking, and GET AN ANSWER do not take no for an answer, or "It doesnt matter." If I dont know what im talking about at my job, then customers wont purchase anything from me. And if they claim to have a warrant for anything, see a hard copy of it! Do not take "Its in the computer." as an answer, you have the right to see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A bunch of Hoo Haw cowboys got caught being bad boys and took it out on the lady with the camera. They need to grow up a little bit, calm down, and check out where there paychecks come from.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just another example of how badly we've started regressing............what's next, are we going to bring back Jim Crow, or the draft? Jesus............

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Watch the video again.

She was incredibly dishonest.

She intended to cause a scene from the very beginning.

First, she bated the cops before the camera was on.

Then when the cop mentioned this to her, she acted like she did nothing.

Then after the cop told her that he asked her to go inside, she said he didn't.

I have no clue how you people are defending this morally bankrupt individual.

The side-walk is public property. The cop was correct.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
A bunch of Hoo Haw cowboys got caught being bad boys and took it out on the lady with the camera. They need to grow up a little bit, calm down, and check out where there paychecks come from.

Yes, where do their paychecks come from, hmmmm.

Lets just say they didnt come out of your pocket.

No kidding, they were cut from the payroll of the community fund.

Which is likely funded more from the feds than the silly "I have my rights" citizens.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Seeing replies from both sides. Interesting. Whether you stand behind the officer's actions or not, one thing is very clear: This woman did not violate any state laws. Unless I'm mistaken, she was told initially that she would be arrested for failing to obey a police order. This statute, as written, would not apply to this woman.

[a]
person may not willfully fail to obey a reasonable and lawful order that a law enforcement
officer makes to prevent a disturbance to the public peace.

They must have pulled out the book in order to come up with a charge and decided on obstructing government administration. This statute, as written, also does not apply.

§ 195.05 Obstructing governmental administration in the second degree.
A person is guilty of obstructing governmental administration when he
intentionally obstructs, impairs or perverts the administration of law
or other governmental function or prevents or attempts to prevent a
public servant from performing an official function, by means of
intimidation, physical force or interference, or by means of any
independently unlawful act, or by means of interfering, whether or not
physical force is involved, with radio, telephone, television or other
telecommunications systems owned or operated by the state, or a county,
city, town, village, fire district or emergency medical service or by
means of releasing a dangerous animal under circumstances evincing the
actor's intent that the animal obstruct governmental administration.
Obstructing governmental administration is a class A misdemeanor.

As far as I can tell, she could look the judge in the eyes and say "Curtilage". Case closed. Something tells me this guy might be a decent officer, but this is one word he should be very familiar with.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Watch the video again.

If all of the above were true, she was on her own property and just filming cops. No crime there. They should've minded their own business. They should not have said anything to her at all,nor provoked her in any way. Everything else is meaningless dribble and will be tossed out in court. At least these thugs got posted.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
She was trying to provoke them within the confines of the law. I don't know why she started crying when they arrested her, she clearly could have avoided arrest if she had just stepped back when asked. I almost think she wanted to provoke an arrest and be taken away in tears just so she could make a few hundred dollars off the youtube video.

Now, not saying what happened was right, just saying that she provoked and chose the outcome.

This is like me going up to you on the street, and breathing hotly in your face, and making frantic poking motions at your eyes while dancing around you flailing around but not touching you, until you push me out of the way and then I go OMG HE PUSHED ME! ASSAULT! ASSAULT! I DID NOT EVEN TOUCH HIM AND HE PUSHED ME!

Personally I believe the cops should have just ignored her and she would have ended up just deleting her boring video of them doing their job, instead of letting her goad them into making them all stars in the YouTube of the week.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBrontide

Originally posted by Fromabove

Yes, where do their paychecks come from, hmmmm.

Lets just say they didnt come out of your pocket.

No kidding, they were cut from the payroll of the community fund.

Which is likely funded more from the feds than the silly "I have my rights" citizens.

Ah yesss... TPTB. I can believe that for sure. If you know you get paid from the fund, you can go out and do stuff and not have to answer to the citizens for the thuggery. What an awesome plan.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmeraldGreen
WOW

This will probably sound controversial, but i suspect they are trained to confront individuals who have personal vendettas against police officers... the clues ( as they will have been trained to notice ) are in her tone... if she was cool about it, there would have been a human reaction... but she was RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE about it & so received the inhumanity she projected.. that's how i felt watching half the clip before making that conclusion

anyway

I agree with you. They consider us domestic terrorists. They view everyone as such. Anyone who does not do exactly as told by the police apparently will be arrested. Jail is the Thinking Corner for grownups. I believe the Police are being trained by the military these days. They also might have wanted a quota, which is probably why they did the traffic stop in the first place, and the woman griping was more interesting. Things are becoming so Orwellian.

edit on 22-6-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72 You can't videotape a police officer doing his job from your own front yard? WHY?

Why? Because it's hard to plant evidence on someone when you're being recorded.

I said it before and I will say it again, If the day ever comes when innocent citizens are dragged from their homes and denied their constitutionally guaranteed freedoms, the guys knocking down your door will be carrying badges.
I have taught all my kids that there is no such thing as "Officer Friendly".

We are becoming more of a police state every day.
edit on 6/22/2011 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EmeraldGreen

I agree. She failed to follow his simple instructions, which he repeated several times. She was being confrontational, the officer told her he wanted her to go inside because he did not feel safe, she should have complied at that point. These cops have a very difficult job, people need to lighten up on them. Yes there are some who get way out of line, we've seen the evidence right here on ATS, but in this particular situation I feel the officer was within his right to ask her to go back inside, for her safety as well as his. Kudos to you EmeraldGreen, for having the guts to take an unpopular stance!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Her mistake was when she says, "I'm just video taping you to watch what you guys are doing."

The lady should have replied, "Hi officers, can I get you some coffee and muffins? I'm just so proud of you fine men getting the riff-raff off the streets. On behalf of all us on this street: Thank you! Keep up the great work!"

Everyone has the ability to "frame" the social dynamics of any situation. When you frame yourself as a confronter of authority - you are actually demanding that authority confront you.

But if you frame yourself as a grateful supporter of authority - the demands come from within the authority to keep that support by being polite.

Either way, I still support what she was doing and feel that the officer was completely out of line and violated her rights by first ordering her how to move about on her own private property, and secondly by arresting her for not obeying an unlawful order (which was in truth really just a request).

People shouldn't have to give up their freedom of speech in order to avoid being wrongfully arrested by some thug in a uniform. His duty is to protect the rights of his fellow citizens, not infringe upon them. I hope they fire him, but he will probably not even be reprimanded. Too bad this wasn't the mayor or Governor's wife.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
If that officer felt unsafe about a female with a video camera, he really needs to drop the badge and grow a pair. Should I feel safer that officers are afraid of law abiding women?

Thank you for sharing this unjust tyranny, and for showing how cowardly that officer is. I wonder how unsafe he'll feel around real criminals, he'll probably mess his pants.

And if she had a gun and planned to use it, wouldnt she have done it already?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You know,I use to give every year to Fraternal Order of Police but I haven't gave in the last 5 years because I see this all the time..When they call asking for money I read them the riot act and I tell them I will NEVER support another cop EVER..We are living on borrowed time before they start asking you for your papers like they did in NAZI Germany this is just plain wrong plain and simple,they have a god complex..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Hmm, what's also interesting is when you consider, at least in the U.K., is that the Police themselves are now using mounted cameras in their helmets.
So they can film and use footage of us against us but we can't do the same.

The police are supposed to be public servants as are the government and answerable to US!! I guess this is no longer true.

We must stand firm for Our right to record Our own perspective.

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Watch the video again.

How many times do I need to watch it for you to answer me? Is 3 enough? My mom emailed it to me before I saw anything on ATS about it because my mom just recently got out of the 19th ward. Mostly she was afraid of the criminal element roaming the streets and oddly never mentioned feeling threatened by single women with video cameras in their night clothes on their own property.

About what?

How do you know what actually happened before the camera was on? Because the police are always so honest? So why did mister handcuffed for no reason get let go? Those good honest cops either let him go because they are good honest cops or they handcuffed him without arresting him. You watch the video again.

She denied what he claimed thus leaving the viewer to decide whom to believe. You chose the cops because...they never lie. Who got arrested again and what for?

He changed his wording and she denied it after he rephrased it. Maybe a little touchy there but if anyone was lying it was both parties at that point.

The woman on her lawn with a video camera or the cop that arrested her for standing on her lawn with a video camera?

She got off the sidewalk when asked.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

What the hell is our country come to? Honestly? You can't videotape a police officer doing his job from your own front yard? WHY?

Clearly if you watch the video she did NOT get arrested for videotaping. That in fact had nothing to do with her arrest. She was arrested for deliberately disobeying a police officer. He warned her several times to go into her house and she refused. He clearly warned her several more times that if she refused she was risking going to jail and she STILL refused. He finally arrested her for willful disobedience (NOT for videotaping). Here's the deal, the police officer is trying to arrest a perp and someone is standing behind him in the dark holding an object that is pointed in his direction. OF COURSE he felt unsafe because of that. THAT is why he asked her to go indoors, if you doubt that then just listen to the clip again because that is exactly what he said he was concerned about. The woman was a complete idiot and deserved to be hauled downtown. She could have videotaped from inside her house, but nooooo.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
reply to post by EmeraldGreen

I agree. She failed to follow his simple instructions, which he repeated several times.

So just exactly where do you draw the line with "Just shut up and do what you are told" on your own property, acting perfectly lawfully, here in the grand ol' US of A? The idea of a cop being able to order me in my home just because he does not want me outside of it does not even remotely look like a slope I care to measure. It needn't be slippery, just there.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Notice how he stopped paying attention to the traffic stop activity to focus on a citizen holding a camera.

This right here is where she went wrong. As has been stated many many many times before, we dont care if people record us provided it does not place anyone else in danger, and does not interfere with our actions. The officer explained why he felt she needed to go inside. Her actions interfered with what was going on.

Its irrelevant at the number of officers who are present.

Also, as with other videos coming out, I am curious as to what occured prior to her taping. The officer noted her behavior prior to taping, which tells me she made herself known to the cops by either actions or words when it first occured.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join