It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
NJ state police had mandatory cameras in their vehicles to record their actions for about 10 or so years and just recently it was made optional. During that time though, complaints about police brutality and misconduct plummeted which outlines the need for public servants to be monitored at all times. When you are a ordianary citizen going up against someone who has the judicial system on his side, you need every advantage you can get to prove your innocence. Especially when their word is set in stone unless proven otherwise and what better way than to use their own words and actions?

link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79
reply to post by anon72

Man...there has been soo much B/S with those cops in Rochester area!! I live pretty near there, Rochester is well known for corrupt officers...hence....probably why she was doing this to begin with!!!

www.13wham.com...

www.13wham.com...

www.13wham.com...

forums.officer.com...

lawenforcementcorruption.blogspot.com...

Its sickening to me! There is a lot of violence in the Rochester area....but this was uncalled for and the way i see it the officer was trespassing on their property!

edit on 22-6-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: added another link

Please read the articles you posted. The Greece police thinks they are a little mob outfit and act accordingly. They have nothing to do with the RPD. Two totally different areas with two completely different police. I could not defend the Greece police if my life depended on it. The RPD on the other hand actually has a much better record.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by The Old American

Actually in Illinois it is illegal to film someone without their permission even police. If the law here states that this lady did nothing against any of the states laws then there is really nothing more to talk about and she is due a nice settlement I would imagine.

I am more concerned with the actual legalities of what happened as that will say who was right and who was in the wrong. Everything else is just a matter of peoples opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The divide between the Police and the People grows every day. This is not abnormal, this is the new norm. These scumbags believe they are above the People they are paid to serve. I sent an email to [email protected], I know I wont be getting a reply, as they see my words as mere whining of the peasantry.

I would know how the mentality is, I've seen it myself.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Can I see the law that states it is against the law to videotape in public in Illinois without permission?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, after she was arrested (for doing nothing wrong, I might add) was the person who continued to video tape arrested as well?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
next time, if anybody does this, do not say you are filming the police, make out you are filming the guy they are arresting to make sure that he/she knows that if they do anything it will be on camera, and that you feel it is you duty to keep the police officers safe by using your camera as a deterant.

at least to see what the reaction is then.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If that officer felt unsafe about a female with a video camera, he really needs to drop the badge and grow a pair. Should I feel safer that officers are afraid of law abiding women?

Thank you for sharing this unjust tyranny, and for showing how cowardly that officer is. I wonder how unsafe he'll feel around real criminals, he'll probably mess his pants.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To many dumb cops not doing thier jobs correctly.They obviously cannot handle thier job correctly.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So what can we as people do about this. This is clearly a breach of this woman's personal freedom to just stand on her property. This doesn't even make sense. At the very least, if the other guy they were pulling over were to do something dangerous to the cops....wouldn't one more piece of camera footage actually be good for them? It would certainly help them out in court. This breach of the constitutional freedom needs to be addressed before time runs out and it becomes just another piece of footage on the internet. After awhile, we are just going to get used to this type of behavior.....and I think this is just what they want. They are trying to condition us for a police state and if we don't take them to court or whatever needs to be done....they will succeed. They are betting on us doing nothing at all and unfortunately......this is exactly what we are doing.

Edmund Burke (1770)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

edit on 22-6-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

to me its close enough 10-15 min. trip to a sub-burb of Rochester isn't much difference to me...sorry if i am a little off to you...but its just going to show that there is a lot of corruption going on and OVER Policing being done, Specially in the bigger cities where things are so bad, i am sure a lot of them think they can get away with it just because it is a bad area. I am sure there are great police there...but if they were doing nothing wrong then why was it such a problem? These officers had much better things to do then arrest THAT lady!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here is an update on the case from RT:

Speaking to the Huffington Post, Good’s public defender, Stephanie Stare, says, “She was well within her rights." Acuff writes that the officers’ encroachment was trespassing onto Good’s property.

The official report filed says she was charged with Obstructing Governmental Administration, but Acuff writes that Good was taken to a parking lot of a nearby high school while cops pow-wowed for an hour on how to write up the case in a way that would “minimize their wrong doing.”

In a statement from the Rochester Police, Chief James Sheppard says, “I have researched the incident and determined that the case is currently proceeding through the adjudication process.”

Speaking to Rochester’s WHEC, Councilman Adam McFadden didn’t seem too impressed with the way the police officer handled the situation.

"It did not look well for us in terms of how we police and what it is we're attempting to accomplish for public safety,” says McFadden.

National Press Photographers Association General Counsel Mickey H. Osterreicher has since written to the Rochester PD, and tells them that “While it may be understandable that your officers had a heightened sense of awareness, that is still no excuse for them to not recognize a citizen’s right to take photographs/video of an event occurring on a public street.”

To the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Osterreicher says that even if this video may be going viral, it is far from a rare occurrence across the country.

Good was arrested earlier this year after she and others staged a protest and attempted to block a home from being foreclosed. Oddly enough, that incident was videotaped by police.

So basically, the clowns realized they #ed up big time, and tried to cover their asses.

Also it becomes very clear to me that these goons had it out for the woman, and in fact knew who she was well before the dialogue began.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
A "confrontational" member of the public is not a criminal, and still has rights. If being confrontational is within your rights and the law, some cop should not be allowed to harass you...If you are doing something illegal, well that's a different story. You cannot argue the fact that what the cop said about feeling uncomfortable is complete bs.

The moron probably knew that that's how his cop buddies have gone down in the past...doing something they shouldn't have been while someone was filming. Maybe they wanted to beat the crap out of that guy they had handcuffed, and she ruined their plans.

The thing that these types of cops don't understand is that they work for US! They aren't being paid to harass individuals who are on private property, especially when they have no PROBABLE CAUSE. I don't know what delusional world some of you live in, but videotaping ON your property is NOT probable cause. It's just NOT.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is why I will never trust police. As we get further into the new order of things to come it's only going to get worse. In addition to this video, I see cops breaking the law all the time. They speed down roads for no apparent reason, yet you or I couldn't do it. I've seen people harassed, beaten, and provoked by police. So don't say that the police are your friends because they are not, they are agents of the " State " first and serving the people is practically non existent. Being a one time victim of police violence, I have a bias here and don't pretend it. This is why I moved out of the large city atmosphere, because the more there are, the more corrupt they can be.

One time, long ago there were the noble police. They served the people and the Constitution of the United States.

Those days are gone now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I just can't believe how cops are acting these days. All of these cop videos that have been popping up are just disgusting me.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79
reply to post by Kitilani

to me its close enough 10-15 min. trip to a sub-burb of Rochester isn't much difference to me...sorry if i am a little off to you...but its just going to show that there is a lot of corruption going on and OVER Policing being done, Specially in the bigger cities where things are so bad, i am sure a lot of them think they can get away with it just because it is a bad area. I am sure there are great police there...but if they were doing nothing wrong then why was it such a problem? These officers had much better things to do then arrest THAT lady!

That is the same as saying I am guilty because of things my neighbors are doing. They are two completely different police departments. How you can say Rochester cops are all so corrupt because you can prove Greece cops are all so corrupt is beyond me. Proximity does not pass on guilt. Sorry if my opinion is based on spending ages 4-19 in the 19th ward and moving just outside the city, to border Greece. For some reason that makes me feel like I have a little more perspective than someone that linked some articles about the wrong police department. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

are you being serious right now? A police officer cannot order you into your home from your own property. Your property is YOUR property, I would suggest to everyone to locate the diagrams of your property lines, and make MULTIPLE copies of it, heck, build a fence if you like, and if your ever in this situation, you are going to be safe, just because your arrested, doesn't mean you are convicted.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Originally posted by unityemissions
The thread title is a lie, the woman repeatedly lied in the video, and the cops were being civil and humane.

You guys are really trying to poo poo the cops in this thread.

I'm all for calling out police brutality and whatnot, but this isn't a case I'd stand up for.

What video were you watching?

The same one you were.

I stand by my assertions.

The thread title is a blatant lie.

The lady lied repeatedly.

The cops were being civil and reasonable.

The lady was not.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
She deserved what she bought.

"It's my rights",... just buys you trouble.

And if thats what you want,....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

What did she lie about?

What is civil and reasonable about telling citizens they must vacate their own front yard?

Maybe I missed something.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join