It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Think of it like this. Would you want someone sticking a camera on you while your at work that you don't even know and filming your every move? When I used to bartend if someone had sat down at my bar and started filming me I'd get highly upset.

What makes cops any different? Go into mcdonalds sometime get some food and just start filming the guys in the back. How do you think they are gonna take it?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
Hmm, what's also interesting is when you consider, at least in the U.K., is that the Police themselves are now using mounted cameras in their helmets.
So they can film and use footage of us against us but we can't do the same.

The police are supposed to be public servants as are the government and answerable to US!! I guess this is no longer true.

Helmet and Vehicle mounted cameras on emergency workers and police are as much for your protection as it is for their own..

Their cameras are just as capable of working against them "if they do something wrong", as they are for you..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Once you let the police tell you what you can do in your yard, you open the door to letting them tell you what you can do in your house. Even if she had been filming from inside her house, his attitude is evidence that he would've treated her the same way. 4th Amendment, people. Learn to love it, because the people in charge hate it.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmeraldGreen
WOW

This will probably sound controversial, but i suspect they are trained to confront individuals who have personal vendettas against police officers... the clues ( as they will have been trained to notice ) are in her tone... if she was cool about it, there would have been a human reaction... but she was RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE about it & so received the inhumanity she projected.. that's how i felt watching half the clip before making that conclusion

anyway

peace
edit on 22/6/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

Controversial? ...to say the least. I hope you are being sarcastic in your post. This woman was WELL within her rights to stand in her own front yard and videotape. That officer violated her constitutional rights. How would you feel if this happened to you? The government is out of control. This is Gestapo tactics. I hope this cop loses his job, and is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. This is a total disgrace, and sheds a very bad light on law enforcement. If I had been one of the other officers on the scene, I would have arrested the offending officer, and released the woman.
This won't be the last you hear about this case.

I will admit however, to be fair, that we really don't know what happened prior to the taping. She may have threatened the officer in some fashion. If that was the case, it changes the game.
Freedom First.
Noro

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Once you let the police tell you what you can do in your yard, you open the door to letting them tell you what you can do in your house. Even if she had been filming from inside her house, his attitude is evidence that he would've treated her the same way. 4th Amendment, people. Learn to love it, because the people in charge hate it.

/TOA

So if your out to dinner with your wife or girlfriend and the guy at the table next to you pulls out a video camera and starts taping you two how are you gonna take it.

You gonna clap him on the back and say "yep that's your 4th amendment right, keep it up" or are you gonna get angry about it?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This happened in the neighborhood I grew up in. I do not live more than 15 minutes away now but it is a different world. The thing is, when I read ATS threads about stuff like this, I have always felt so lucky that where I live now and in the 19th ward in Rochester, the cops have always been really cool. There is a ton of corruption in another nearby town but most of the damage done there is to each other. This sort of thing never happened here. The police and the people always had pretty decent relations. I have had more than my fair share of run-ins with the law here. I am no angel. I even still see one of the cops that arrested me once for a crime I was successfully prosecuted for. He is a great guy and actually been a big help in a lot of ways helping me fix things.

To see this happening so close to home should not be the tipping point for me. I realize how selfish that is. This incident just takes me by such surprise because I know the Rochester cops. At least I did.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

/TOA

So if your out to dinner with your wife or girlfriend and the guy at the table next to you pulls out a video camera and starts taping you two how are you gonna take it.

You gonna clap him on the back and say "yep that's your 4th amendment right, keep it up" or are you gonna get angry about it?

That is what we call around ATS as a straw man argument. Ole #4...being as how you are relatively new....

Perhaps a reading of this might help.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Sadly,. the only way to even attempt to get any semblance of justice is to SUE the sorry dogs that abuse our rights while wearing a badge.

Filing a complaint is a start, but will get you nowhere...the cop bosses ALWAYS stand by their stormtroopers no matter what , and a lawsuit is really the only way to go. A Federal 1983 rights lawsuit will get their attention; if a cop has to answer to a federal judge he loses his bluster and tough guy crap immediately, and one can hardly imagine a more satisfying sight than some bullying, rights violating thug of a cop weeping and wailing when his house and car and savings and future earnings and everything else he has or ever will is taken to pay off an award for damages.

THAT message gets thru to the other coppers...like nothing else...all they fear is force..and lawsuits. Since force is not a viable option...yet...lawsuits are the best way...an attorney is needed unless you are sharp enough.and prepared to learn pro se filing and do it yourself.

The cop in this case is obviously guilty and should be fired and sued. Dne deal.

link   

/TOA

I couldn't care less if someone is filming me. I don't have anything to hide, and he's wasting his time.

"Hey I got these people on video eating dinner having a good time! OMGLOLOL!!"

/TOA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

/TOA

I couldn't care less if someone is filming me. I don't have anything to hide, and he's wasting his time.

/TOA

Well you would certainly be in the minority then as most people would take offense to this happening to them. I also believe you would as it's human nature to not want to have your privacy invaded.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
FYI In most cases the sidewalk is NOT your property it is inside the public right-of-way and therefore city property.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

/TOA

That is what we call around ATS as a straw man argument. Ole #4...being as how you are relatively new....

Perhaps a reading of this might help.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes people often throw things like this out when I interject logic and the other side into threads like this.

Regardless however my point is clear and still stands.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i felt a little sorry for the girl, but she brought this onto herself. the cop clearly and politely asked several times to go back into her house, she just ignored him.
how would you like some stranger filming you whilst you work?
why would you film cops doing a traffic stop? its outside your house? so what, mind your own business.

i'm siding with the police on this one.

This bit about "how would you like someone filming you while you work?" has been brought up a few times now. I'll toss in my honest 2 cents on it.

Yes - it would tick me off if people filmed me why I worked. But it would also make me think - "Are they filming me because they don't trust me and my co-workers?" Me and my co-workers have never been accused or convicted of beating someone without cause, raping anyone, killing anyone, planting any evidence on anyone, or committing any crimes in general while we go about our daily business.

Likewise our company has never been accused of covering up any such crimes of its employees. Nor has any employee ever been accused of covering up such crimes for another employee.

People have no reason not to trust my company or the people who work there. So, they really have very little interest in filming us.

Now - compare this with the "company" of law enforcement. Some of its employees are guilty of everything I mentioned. Police departments and other officers are guilty of covering up crimes for each other and not ridding their departments of the bad ones.

The plain and simple truth is this to any LEOs reading this - people film you because they do not trust you. They do not trust you not to commit the very crimes you are supposed to protect them against. They film you to protect themselves and other citizens from you because they do not trust you.

You want them to stop filming you???

The answer to that is really very simple - Clean out the bad ones from your ranks and start behaving in a manner such that LEOs can be viewed with admiration, respect and trust by the citizens around them.

Really that's the only answer. Taking cameras, arresting people, etc only enforces the belief you have something to hide.

Instead, take away people's reason for filming you - restore their trust in you.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Frogs because: grammer

link   
Just from a human dynamic point of view, not getting into the legalities - I think she was deliberately trying to provoke them. Knowing she was aggravating them but being in a position where she could say, 'I'm not doing anything,' like a little kid who pesters you by running in circles around you till you want to smack them and then says, 'I didn't touch you.' I guess the cops were wrong, but I'm not sympathetic to her. I think she's a little ******.

link   

Think of it like this. Would you want someone sticking a camera on you while your at work that you don't even know and filming your every move? When I used to bartend if someone had sat down at my bar and started filming me I'd get highly upset.

What makes cops any different? Go into mcdonalds sometime get some food and just start filming the guys in the back. How do you think they are gonna take it?

If McDonalds builds a restaraunt in my front yard, being taped will be the least of their problems. Property rights and all. What makes cops different? We pay their salaries. What makes the situation different? She was on her own property.

If you are going to do something in the middle of the street, you have no expectation of privacy. The man across from me has a camera sticking out of every side of his home. I have a friend that has 9 cameras ringing his house. Why? You have that right. That is your property. If they want to take those cameras onto their front porch and hold them by hand, no different.

Cops are public workers.
That woman's yard is that woman's yard.
There is no law in NY state about video taping the police.
There is no law in the US about videotaping public streets.

You cannot take your camera into Mickey D's because they have a rule against taping on their property like most stores and restaurants do. That is because it is their property.

I guess I was just hoping that there would be one good reason for her to be arrested or for the cops to not want to be filmed. Because they do not like it is not a reason. I do not like going into the worst parts of Rochester to visit my 87 year old aunt. I like even less when cops pull me over because white girls just dont look right in that neighborhood. People have to deal with things they do not like at times. As long as we are paying police to arrest women for standing on their own property or to unload guns into cars on crowded streets, they don't get to like it.

I know good cops that would not defend this cop as much as so many on this thread have and with nothing. "How would you like it?" Well, if I were a cop, I would expect it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

/TOA

/TOA

Well you would certainly be in the minority then as most people would take offense to this happening to them. I also believe you would as it's human nature to not want to have your privacy invaded.

You have no expectation of privacy in a public setting. Not only has this been ruled on in the court system, it's common sense. If you're in public, expect to be looked at, gawked at, glared at, laughed at and possibly filmed. If you have nothing to hide, then get over it. If you have something to hide, maybe you shouldn't be there in the first place.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
The title to this thread seems a bit misleading. The woman was not arrested for videotaping the police activity. She was arrested for refusing to go in her house as asked. The police did not say stop taping. He said he felt unsafe with her behind them and to go in her house. He did not go all out on her, he did not use force against her. He warned her more than once

You are missing the point here. He has no right to order her into her house. She had every right to be in her own front yard.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Man...there has been soo much B/S with those cops in Rochester area!! I live pretty near there, Rochester is well known for corrupt officers...hence....probably why she was doing this to begin with!!!

www.13wham.com...

www.13wham.com...

www.13wham.com...

forums.officer.com...

lawenforcementcorruption.blogspot.com...

Its sickening to me! There is a lot of violence in the Rochester area....but this was uncalled for and the way i see it the officer was trespassing on their property!

They are PUBLIC service workers! Which means the PUBLIC has the right to know what goes on, even if it is only a routine traffic stop! And why three officers for one person...i can see maybe two...but not three unless they knew for fact he was going to be violent.

edit on 22-6-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: added another link

edit on 22-6-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
why didnt she just say:

officer im standing infront of you

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

How do you know he would be in the minority? Have any stats? Your entire premise is completely flawed. For one thing, if someone wants to tape me eating food, go for it. I hope they watch it naked with a bowl of baby oil. Second, if you are so worried about your privacy, what the hell are you doing out at a restaurant?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join