It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a less emotional attempt to describe networking mechanisms of the Elite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I tend to refrain from commenting on NWO related topics for the simple reason that too much "vulgar conspiracy discourse" has to be swallowed.
As a sociologist I don't buy the stories that take for granted that a single entity - bring on the names one usually encounters - gradually brings age-old plans into being, as in a logical evolutional model. This however does not mean that the world is being dominated by elites (of different kinds) and that there would not be networks where elite meets (Bilderberg makes that clear, as do heaps of sociological works that deserve more attention).

This morning I found an article on Aftermath (link here) dealing with Bilderberg. While I'm not too fond of the article itself, the value is in the inclusion of a link to Ian Richardson's Master Thesis, The dynamics of third dimensional power in detemining a pre-orientation to policymaking : an exploratory study of transitional elite interactions in the post-Cold War period.

You can download the PDF from this page.
Here's a direct link to the PDF (1.7 Mb)

From the Abstract:

In the contemporary political setting, the emergence of transnationalism represents a significant challenge to traditional state-centred depictions of international relations and raises many questions concerning its purpose, legitimacy and effects. This study is concerned with one aspect of the transnational debate: the dynamics of power that drive consensus formation within informal, and collaborative, elite transnational networks.
Situated in debates related to international relations, political economy, policy science, political sociology and social network theory, this study identifies the role played by transnational elites in articulating, as well as interpreting, structural determinants of policy. In short, transnational elite interactions are responsible, often unconsciously, for the legitimisation of pervasive social constructs within the wider elite community. The process of legitimisation within such settings is highly contested and, as a consequence, power relations are critical to our understanding of eventual consensus.

The bibliography might be a good starting point for those who would like to study this important phenomenon without having to deal with a lot of badly informed, emotionally driven semi-hysterical cries of concerned people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Yowza...interesting. I have never been into this particular branch of conspiracy theory, as I always tended to think it was a bit (read: a lot) blown out of proportion.

Honestly, I would get more and more turned off every time I would read about how 'TPTB' are spreading GMO crops and vaccines because they want to thin out the herd, and at this point, I have found that I just assume that there is nothing to any of it at all.

I realize that this probably means that I am not really looking at information with an open mind anymore, in regards to this topic. So, maybe this will be a good place to start re-assessing my opinions on the subject.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaBetaGammaX
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Yowza...interesting. I have never been into this particular branch of conspiracy theory, as I always tended to think it was a bit (read: a lot) blown out of proportion.

Honestly, I would get more and more turned off every time I would read about how 'TPTB' are spreading GMO crops and vaccines because they want to thin out the herd, and at this point, I have found that I just assume that there is nothing to any of it at all.

I realize that this probably means that I am not really looking at information with an open mind anymore, in regards to this topic. So, maybe this will be a good place to start re-assessing my opinions on the subject.

Thanks.

you are welcome
thanks for your supporting reply, a reply that contains a lot of elements that feel familiar :-).

new topics

join