It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa School Principal Delivers Birthday Spankings to Students

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I grew up in a period of time when it was acceptable to spank students, however, since it is now basically a crime to discipline your child in any form, its funny how its ok for a stranger to touch your child as long as its a government official doing it.

At most schools, kids and classmates enjoy cupcakes and candy on their birthdays. But, at Washington Elementary School in Linn County, Iowa, administrator Terry Eisenbarth celebrates with a slightly less conventional tradition.

Eisenbarth, the principal at Washington Elementary, is under fire for spanking kids with a padded hockey stick on their birthdays, a tradition he calls "whammies," The Des Moines Register reports.

When word of the whammies spread, parents started to complain. Parent Steve Wernimont told the newspaper that his 7-year-old, who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, "did not like it one bit." Wernimont went to the police and the school board, but only after Eisenbarth and Pamela Ewell, superintendent of the Mount Vernon Community School District, failed to respond to a concerned email.

Once again, the parents concern means little to those presiding over the government indoctrination camps they force children to attend.

According to the Register, Carol Greta, an attorney at the Iowa Department of Education, said birthday spankings don't appear to violate a state ban on corporal punishment.

Someones sick fetish to "spank" children is not corptal punishment, its child molestation

www.parentdish.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I went to a Christian school growing up where the paster spanked the "bad" children with a wooden paddle with holes in it. I was only spanked a couple of times but looking back on it, I can tell you that it was sick and perverse and I know now he took great pleasure in it.

Parents should be allowed to spank there children, NOBODY else, because you never know who might like it.........

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Someones sick fetish to "spank" children is not corptal punishment, its child molestation

www.parentdish.com...

That was my imediate thought when I saw your thread title, this is just some sick fetish of the teacher concerned.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Holy Buckets.

Umm, why is this person not being investigated for being a predator?

"Come here little child, I hear it's your birthday... I have a present for you... *WHACK*"

I'd put fist to nose. And I have no children..

Just, WOW. Parents are really easily led if this has to make news before it's considered... The first I'd hear of this, things would change, be it removal of my kid from that miscreant, or him being paddled in the big house, on every special day...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow, I had completely dismissed this when I was younger, but I remember getting this a couple of years in elementary school, it was done in front of the class and they usually counted along with each spank for each year. While it was fun and games for me as a child, I am now a bit disturbed by that.....thanks OP lol I wish I didn't remember that now lol

Now I remember our family did such a thing but it wasnt something that continued as I got older. I guess maybe its an older tradition that our parents once had done to them? I will definately have to ask my mom about this and wonder what her thoughts were on it. While there was no pain and it was light hits, its just not sitting right with me now, maybe since I now think of my butt as more then where poop comes out, and as something that no one has a right to touch without my say so.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Spanking kids with a padded hockey stick, is molestation? Although I question the manner on how he delivers these "whammies", more information is justified to understand if this was done in jest, and if they are just taps and not strong armed paddling.

Exaggerating that something is criminal when the birthday taps may have been done in jest, is a far cry from accusations that it requires molestation charges!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Spanking kids with a padded hockey stick, is molestation? Although I question the manner on how he delivers these "whammies", more information is justified to understand if this was done in jest, and if they are just taps and not strong armed paddling.

Exaggerating that something is criminal when the birthday taps may have been done in jest, is a far cry from accusations that it requires molestation charges!

I'm sorry, but the very definition of the word is how I am using it, and yes, I do believe that a public school official who knows full well it is not legal to physically touch a child leads one to believe that it is indeed a sexual fetish, he can not control himself from doing it.

mo·lest (m-lst)
tr.v. mo·lest·ed, mo·lest·ing, mo·lests
1. To disturb, interfere with, or annoy.
2. To subject to unwanted or improper sexual activity.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sure it was fine in the old days but now it's just not acceptable. I see nothing wrong with spankings for misbehavior but only if it's the parents. By the way I live in the city of Cedar Rapids where this school is at. I hadn't heard of this yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OMFG...really?

Parent Steve Wernimont told the newspaper that his 7-year-old, who suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder

OK. I understand that the pervert gets off on spanking kids, but PTSD for the kid? Two wrongs don't make a right.

If that kid has PTSD from a hockey stick spanking, I must be on the verge of a full flipping break down since I had premium cable at his age.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
OMFG...really?
OK. I understand that the pervert gets off on spanking kids, but PTSD for the kid? Two wrongs don't make a right.

If that kid has PTSD from a hockey stick spanking, I must be on the verge of a full flipping break down since I had premium cable at his age.

Did you happen to consider that the PTSD is perhaps, maybe. from watching her mother beaten to death with a bat? Its rather callous to assume things like that. There are any number of things that could effect a young child to cause this.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Holy Buckets.

Umm, why is this person not being investigated for being a predator?

"Come here little child, I hear it's your birthday... I have a present for you... *WHACK*"

He is not being investigated as a predator because people like to live in a fantasy world where paedophiles don't exist.

You can see it. I can see it.

But most people simply don't want to.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Spanking kids with a padded hockey stick, is molestation?

Touching children for your own pleasure is.

And because this guy is a bit kinky shouldn't exclude him.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Holy Lord! This is the attitude i see from everyone now a days and this is one of the reason this country is going to hell! everyone see molestation and money everywhere they look. i can bet any amount of money that if you follow this through the parents of this 7 year old PTSD child will get a large settlement and all will be right in their world again! it is this over babying that has brought this world to what it is. this is the reason that so many people are so weak and wimpy. i wish to the good lord that some of you could came a bring your kids to live with me for six months. let me introduce them to chopping wood to get heat, go out in the woods and see natures beauty and learn to kill and clean your own food. go outside and ride four wheelers an realize that they exist somewhere other than on a tv and you control it with more than a controller. people need to man up and be responsible for your own actions! it is not everyone elses fault. Man i almost hope 2012 is as bad as some think it is going to be. i think we need a good cleansing!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
Holy Lord! This is the attitude i see from everyone now a days and this is one of the reason this country is going to hell! everyone see molestation and money everywhere they look. i can bet any amount of money that if you follow this through the parents of this 7 year old PTSD child will get a large settlement and all will be right in their world again! it is this over babying that has brought this world to what it is. this is the reason that so many people are so weak and wimpy. i wish to the good lord that some of you could came a bring your kids to live with me for six months. let me introduce them to chopping wood to get heat, go out in the woods and see natures beauty and learn to kill and clean your own food. go outside and ride four wheelers an realize that they exist somewhere other than on a tv and you control it with more than a controller. people need to man up and be responsible for your own actions! it is not everyone elses fault. Man i almost hope 2012 is as bad as some think it is going to be. i think we need a good cleansing!

Why would you assume that I don't do those things with my daughter? Lord forbid someone has an issue with someone who by LAW is not allowed to touch a child, have issue with it. Since I don't "birthday spank" my daughter, no one else is going to do it, ESPECIALLY without my expressed permission.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
and if your child is there did you just trust the "system" or did you just sling her into there and hope the government takes care of her in the state funded child care? im pretty sure that it is not a hidden thing. as far as paddling goes i know that when i went to school they had to have a form that the parents gave the school consent to whip a child. i personally agree with it. it is a crying shame the direction we are headed and personally i am tired of americe bending to everyones will except the people that actually live and work here.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
and if your child is there did you just trust the "system" or did you just sling her into there and hope the government takes care of her in the state funded child care? im pretty sure that it is not a hidden thing. as far as paddling goes i know that when i went to school they had to have a form that the parents gave the school consent to whip a child. i personally agree with it. it is a crying shame the direction we are headed and personally i am tired of americe bending to everyones will except the people that actually live and work here.

Well, personally my ex wife made the decision on where my daughter goes to school, I'm not happen with it, I feel she should be in a Montessori system, however, so far the teacher she has had, has done right by here in her education so far. should that change then her school will change.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
On topic of this post, what a joke. There is no other words to describe it. I'm sure it's a funny school tradition that is nothing more, nothing less

Slightly off topic...

Bah...this is the reason society is crumbling before our very eyes...with the last few generations of children thinking they can do what they like with no consequences...or consequences so minute that they it won't stop the behaviours. The entire world is afraid to even look at children anymore because some parent with too much time on their hands will have them arrested for being a pedophile.

I HATE how different the world is these days. When I was a kid, each and every neighbour, friend, storeowner, and school staff knew you and your family. If you were caught doing something wrong they would grab you by the wrist and drag you home to be disciplined by your parent. Imagine that today?? Some idiotic parent that thinks "junior" is a perfect angel would be on the phone to the police in minutes. There is far too much time spent these days worrying about little timmy's feelings and not enough time spent worrying about what a jerkoff little timmy is going to be when he grows up....never taking responsibility, or not worried about the repercussions of his actions because hey..who's going to do anything anyhow?

Remember the old saying "it takes a village to raise a child" ? If we went back to that mentality we wouldn't have so many disrespectful, rude, spoiled, self centered, narcissistic, children with a feeling of some special entitlement without working for it.

Michelle

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ahh that explains that. sucks to be a split parent where you have very little say so on the welfare and upbringing of your own child. but again on the whipping thing, i just dont see where it is such a big deal unless there is indication that it is molestation of such. i will more than likely be one of those good memories about "remember when sucha nd such use to do................" . you know you have lots of those that if they happened today people would be screaming all kinds of things.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I call bull#. You think any of those children were like, "YA, it's my birthday can't wait for my whammy!" And the teacher knowing a child is uncomfortable continuing anyway...? That's just not right in my opinion. I am seriously considering home schooling. Public education is a sick joke all the way around.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Eh, it's this great new world of ours.

Walk into a school and get your ass slapped.

Walk into an airport and get your sack fondled.

Evidently this is the way we want it since we just put up with like we do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join