It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do cats only meow when people are watchin??? Discuss....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I saw this clip and wet myself.. then im thinking.. do they only meow when someone is watching? hehe

YOU DECIDE!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Cats only meow to humans.

A meow is a sound used by cats to signal a request to their mother or owner. Adult cats do not normally meow to each other, and so the meowing to human beings that domesticated cats exhibit is likely partly an extension of the use by kittens of this plaintive signal.

Link

IRM

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Funny vid but im afraid this was posted multiple times yesterday

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There is a search function you can use. This was posted very recently.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Nah, that cat was trying to nark on the dog, making all that ruckus, to get it in trouble.

And then it was caught, and said "Oh me? No I was meowing... *meow meow* - see?"

great vid, but yeah posted large yesterday.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
thanks. good clip tho eh?

MODS: you can remove this post if you like as its obviously duped

edit on 22-6-2011 by w3nd1g0 because: removed my own whining to not be a whiner lol

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Nah, that cat was trying to nark on the dog, making all that ruckus, to get it in trouble.

And then it was caught, and said "Oh me? No I was meowing... *meow meow* - see?"

great vid, but yeah posted large yesterday.

Thanks dude! lol .. now that is an interesting take on what was happening! hahahaahahaaa i bet your right too!

cats are clever animals indeed!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
yeah I read somewhere that cats only meow when they are kittens and do not as adults - except at humans as a way to ask for something or to say hello... well my cat does it to say hello, the other one does just to p!ss me off when im trying to get to sleep

funny vid, cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have a 17 year old cat that meows as she's coming in with a mouse. I can hear her when the window's open. I can tell the sound of a mouse kill, it sounds weird because she's meowing with a mouse in her mouth. Plus she talks to the dogs by meowing - again, I'm not seeing her, but hearing her when the window's open. When I look out the window, she's usually on the other side of the fence talking at them. She gets to roam all over our 10 acres if she wants, the dogs don't get the whole yard, because they would get into all sorts of stuff.

So no, they meow when they feel like it, not just because we're watching.
edit on 22-6-2011 by snowspirit because: didn't need quote

top topics

join