It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fly zone Beale AFB June 22-24

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Any ideas why there is a no fly zone over Beale AFB this week? FAA reason - "security"
See FAA no fly zone listing:

tfr.faa.gov...

Beale is the home to 9th Reconnaissance Wing with U2's and Global Hawk UAV. If you type Beale AFB into google earth you can see the U2's on the tarmac. No fly zone also at Grand Forks AFB also 22-24 June

p00hbear

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Air bases routinely do this when they are having exercises (war games) so the mass amount of aircraft involved has a safe place to play.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It actually looks like the no fly zone was posted those dates and is in effect June 27 thru July 1. I live right outside Beale so I'll keep my eyes open. Coincidently, I've seen some pretty strange patterns the last few nights where two global hawks circle just north of the base at 2000’ or so for hours. If anything cool happens, I'll check back in...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
IT's ONLY for a few hours a day.

What kind of idiot would want to fly their plane over BEALE AFB and get COOKED from the Pave Paws microwave radar site? It's one of a few to detect ICBM launches.

When flocks of birds fly in front of it when she's turned on....the birds all get cooked and drop dead.

Only an idiot would fly there....shouldn't even need a NOTAM.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The restrictions are from 1900 to 0200 PST so as noted above its most likely training or the like.

And the restriction is for FL 4 to FL 18

More info about Beale
www.airnav.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by holleycop

I live outside of Beale as well, and its about 11:30 pm and there are about 10 flying objects flying in amazing patterns. They are moving really smooth and change directions it seems like instantly crossing each others paths and then going into a huge triangle, stopping and hovering for about 20 seconds and then they do it all over again. One more thing is there is no sound at all coming from them. These are some strange flight patterns to be a plane that the public knows about to. I'm not sure if this is true but I had an uncle(RIP) that worked there in the 60's and he told me when I was a boy that there where mountain sides At Beale that opened up that plane could fly in and out of and missle defences that came out of the mountain. Does anyone know if this is true?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear

Beale is the home to 9th Reconnaissance Wing with U2's and Global Hawk UAV.

Are we seriously still using U2 spyplanes? Or are we talking B2 Stealth Bombers?

Cuhail

top topics

join