It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China threatens US over territorial disputes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
China is not stupid enough to start a war with the US or even tiawan. Even that pipsqueak nation could drown half of china by hitting the 3 gongs dam and following up sinking tankers in critical trade routes. Mass starvation would ensue in a couple of weeks, casualties in the 10's of millions. It would be suicide!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Why do these types of threads always turn into "My countries penis is bigger than your countries penis"?

The simple fact is this - while the US has air superiority, the Chinese have a land army that nullifies that air superiority simply due to shear size. "Nuke them then" I hear you say, and yet for every nuke you send over to them they will return in kind.

Boom.

No more penises.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by princeofpeace

Why do these types of threads always turn into "My countries penis is bigger than your countries penis"?

The simple fact is this - while the US has air superiority, the Chinese have a land army that nullifies that air superiority simply due to shear size. "Nuke them then" I hear you say, and yet for every nuke you send over to them they will return in kind.

Boom.

No more penises.

To be candid, there is a reason why China has started retooling it's armed forces over the last decade. It's not because they think their model is much more superior than the west, mind you. Numbers are NOT the catalyst of a victory in today's technological age. We have 1 fighter that takes the place of 30 of the most advanced Sukhoi fighter. Even the aging Abraham still has a tactical advantage over nearly all it's MBT cousins.

It's a known fact that China has started their retool as well as Russia in knowing that statistically, it's about a 10 to 1 advantage.

That being said, China has made leaps and bound in their technology but they still are years away from competing militarily against nations such as the US or any Western power yet. That will change though... I can guarantee this.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Jay-morris

for someone that has lived in China I am suprised by your stance on communism. The Chinese people are not bad people but their government are. The illusion of choice is better than no choice at all, I will stick with Capitalism for now, thank you very much.

What is Capitalism? Partys that have nothing better to do than disagree with eachother. It is all fake, and a joke. You have been brainwashed to believe that Capitalism is so great. Its all corrupt to hell, so how is it any better than communism. What country is trying to control the internet? what country is violating righs by sticking their hands down, and touching up people at airports, thats right, its America.

I have never said that China is perfect, but no country is. Does not matter if you are communism or not. But i tell you one thing. When i was living in China, i have never frlt so safe in my life. Not like the UK when you have to worry about gangs of kids beating you up for looking at them the wrong way.

The only thing that bugged me in China, was the internet access, but it was easy to get round that. Everthing else was fine, from going out clubbing with friends, to watching live chinese metal music (which is quite good)

What bugs me about some people on here, is they are saying this and that about China, when they have never been there to experience it themselves. I would also like to add that in Beijing, there are many westerners living and working there. Why are all these westerners living there if its as bad as what you see,read and hear in the media?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You honestly think that the Chinese are better than the United States?

But, in all seriousness, they buy our paper and we buy their stuff. It's a vicious cycle that has us deadlocked.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by ateuprto

The trouble with the US in my opinion and this isn't meant to be offensive towards american citizens as I believe it is the way the government has brainwashed its populace. I believe the biggest problem the US has is it's citizens arrogance towards their military capabilities. The USA has some nice hardware and a large well trained force however it is far from being capable of easily winning a war with a state the size of China without resorting to the use of weapons of mass destruction. China's army although inexperienced is over a million strong. China is just putting its finishing touches to the biggest aircraft carrier on the planet and has been busy rapidly expanding its navy and air force capabilities. Any nation that wants to attack China will need co-operation from at least 5 other world powers and that is hoping that China will not call its allies in to help, N.Korea, Iran and Russia.

I'm not talking about a full-force invasion or occupation. I'm talking about the combined offensive and defensive capability to whip someone's tail back within their own territory and keep them there. I'm not speaking without experience, having served multiple tours utilizing the cutting edge of our capabilities. As I said, China is 25 years and a lot of scrap metal from possessing the capability to out-muscle us. I'm all for ever-lasting peace, however we are a long way from achieving a stable state of being as a species. China is indeed booming, though at a less rapid pace than they have been (on par with the global economic climate). If they were to swing a gigantic boom their way, while we suffered an unimaginable financial blow (a possibility, however unlikely despite all the negativity that floats around here)...I would give them 10 years until they could match the United States of America. A mainland invasion and extensive occupation of either country is improbable, if not impossible without a disaster of proportions never before witnessed in recorded history. Biblical, nuclear warfare, comet, emp, etc, etc etc.

I understand the outsider's perspective looking in. Our country, like every other, has an arrogant and unintelligible portion of the populace that always seem to talk louder and warrant more attention than your average, rational citizen. Understand that I speak solely from my personal experience and research. Regardless, the weaponization of nuclear technology has left us with a double-edged sword. The positive is that it HAS and will likely continue to avert "World War" scale conflicts. The flip side of the coin is that if I'm wrong the consequences are unimaginable.
edit on 23-6-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join