It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China threatens US over territorial disputes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Do you have any idea what it is like to live in a communist state? I do. In Russia, they banned religion full stop and anybody caught practicing religion or celebrating it meant prison indefinatly. Yes, no more Christmas. Also you are not allowed to question anything the government says like you are in the US now and the standard of life drops as productivity plummets due to their being no reward for hard work. Plus in communism it is a well known fact that all are equal but some are more equal than others. In every society there is always those that want more of something, in Capitalism it is money, in communism it is power. Same meat different gravy, however your trimmings have gone from roasted vegatbles to purified dog #.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Also you are not allowed to question anything the government says like you are in the US now

Are you sure? Cause the last time I checked there are multiple hundreds of reports and videos of police arresting, beating and torturing 'protesters' in the US who are questioning what the government says.

edit on 22/6/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The fact that you are free to come on here and post this tells its own story. The internet is censored in China, good luck finding Facebook, Google, Yahoo or this website if China acheives world domination.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is it just me, or did that article state that they asked for U.S. help? I like how some people here are twisting it to their agenda.

So, lets say Spain and Morocco get into disputes about territorial borders and then Morocco starts getting aggressive. Spain then asks for U.S. help - would you people be saying the same thing about the U.S.?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Do you have any idea what it is like to live in a communist state? I do.

Yes i do. My wife is Chinese and i lived in China (Beijing) for two years. Plus travelled around China for three months. So, i think im qualified.

In Russia, they banned religion full stop and anybody caught practicing religion or celebrating it meant prison indefinatly.

Well, you can practice religon in China, and alot of people do.

Also you are not allowed to question anything the government says like you are in the US now and the standard of life drops as productivity plummets due to their being no reward for hard work.

China is not perfect, no country is. You have to realise how far China has come in the last 30 years.

Plus in communism it is a well known fact that all are equal but some are more equal than others. In every society there is always those that want more of something, in Capitalism it is money, in communism it is power. Same meat different gravy, however your trimmings have gone from roasted vegatbles to purified dog #.

The western world has tried its hardest to brainwash people into thinking that communism is the devil. The fact is, it does not matter who controls the governments, or how they do it. They all do terrible things. America has been invading other countries for yours. Is there government communism? No, they are not, but they still do terrible things

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Anyone with half a brain in China uses proxy servers to get around the firewall. They do it by the millions on a daily basis.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

You're missing the point. They are asking a bully to deal with a bully.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Is that your defence for saying that China's communist structure is prefferential to the USA's current system?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiju
The U.S. was asked by a weaker nation to help it stand up to a bully named China.

Bring the fire China! Bring it!

Yes and your war mongering helps.....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

for someone that has lived in China I am suprised by your stance on communism. The Chinese people are not bad people but their government are. The illusion of choice is better than no choice at all, I will stick with Capitalism for now, thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I wonder how many people here were alive during ANY part of the cold war. This is kind and warm conversation compared to what was being said during that time. Who keeps saying this is "our last chance" to slap China down. It would take China 25 years and a LOT OF SCRAP METAL to come anywhere CLOSE to the military force projection that the United States has. Besides, these two bullies love each other secretly. Their respective economies and populace keep each other afloat.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Is that your defence for saying that China's communist structure is prefferential to the USA's current system?

LOL anything is better than the USA's current system of raping the planet of everything and everyone for profit.

At least Communism works in theory, in practice not so much because of the people who try to use it for their own benefit.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

The trouble with the US in my opinion and this isn't meant to be offensive towards american citizens as I believe it is the way the government has brainwashed its populace. I believe the biggest problem the US has is it's citizens arrogance towards their military capabilities. The USA has some nice hardware and a large well trained force however it is far from being capable of easily winning a war with a state the size of China without resorting to the use of weapons of mass destruction. China's army although inexperienced is over a million strong. China is just putting its finishing touches to the biggest aircraft carrier on the planet and has been busy rapidly expanding its navy and air force capabilities. Any nation that wants to attack China will need co-operation from at least 5 other world powers and that is hoping that China will not call its allies in to help, N.Korea, Iran and Russia.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think both the US and China have a lot more to worry about than to test fate and determine who is the world's superpower. Besides if they go to war, stolichnaya would be toasted every night by the soviets before they take over the world.

But that is not the point...China has invaded Africa for natural resources. The USA has done the same. The problem the US has with China is trade!

blogs.reuters.com...

Africa’s exports to China are about 80% raw materials like oil but increasingly it is also manufactured and agricultural such as Egyptian oranges, South African wines, Ghana’s cocoa beans, Ugandan coffee, Tunisian olive oil and more. In order to promote that trade, China has bilateral trade agreements with 45 African countries, [a number of which now have zero tariff preference with China.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You think China isn't about profit? It is except instead of corporations the profit goes to the Chinese government to finance their extensive military. The current Chinese regime is absolutly barbaric, they will just exterminate any people who do not conform to their orders. The US is oppresive to the middle east I agree, but at least the aim is to leave a government that does not kill its own people.

Compare the Chinese defence budget to US then come back and continue.

I'm not at all in defence for China, as I see China using the same rules set by America, the rule is simple:
"might makes right".

That's the exact reason why China wants to leave the dispute in the region, because in the region China has the most might, so when China says it is mine, she is right. Not because she is right, but because she has the might.

The same goes for US, but US has been doing this all across the world, and has made it a norm in the International affairs.

Competition brings the prices down ^^

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

You think China isn't about profit? It is except instead of corporations the profit goes to the Chinese government to finance their extensive military. The current Chinese regime is absolutly barbaric, they will just exterminate any people who do not conform to their orders. The US is oppresive to the middle east I agree, but at least the aim is to leave a government that does not kill its own people.

Compare the Chinese defence budget to US then come back and continue.

I'm not at all in defence for China, as I see China using the same rules set by America, the rule is simple:
"might makes right".

That's the exact reason why China wants to leave the dispute in the region, because in the region China has the most might, so when China says it is mine, she is right. Not because she is right, but because she has the might.

The same goes for US, but US has been doing this all across the world, and has made it a norm in the International affairs.

Competition brings the prices down ^^

Useless comparison, wages in the chinese army are a 1/10th of the US and their production costs for hardware is also a fraction, they get a hell of a lot more for their money than the US does, mainly because corporations like Lockheed Martin cream all the dollars off the top.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain to me why the US needs more defence budget than the whole world combined? That to me doesn't look like defence, rather to me that looks like Imperialist agenda.

If you buy one gun, it would look like you bought it for self defence, but when you have more guns than your whole town combined, then something is up, especially when you are going to people's houses, being the judge, jury and the executioner.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain to me why the US needs more defence budget than the whole world combined? That to me doesn't look like defence, rather to me that looks like Imperialist agenda.

Yep, the U.S. defence budget is purportedly more than the next 15 countries on the list combined together. Slight case of overkill in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If you buy one gun, it would look like you bought it for self defence, but when you have more guns than your whole town combined, then something is up, especially when you are going to people's houses, being the judge, jury and the executioner.

Don't talk nonsense, the US does not spend more than the rest of the world combined, China's budget is 1/6th the US however I suspect their costs come in at around 1/10th the price the US pays for their equivelant. Again this is a prime example of US arrogance towards their forces capabilities.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

So you'r saying the US doesn't only spend more than the whole world combined (over exaggeration if you still didn't get the sarcasm), but also US isn't actually getting as much out of the money she is spending?

Where are we going with this discussion any ways? I remember I asking you to explain why would US need such an absurd expenditure on defence when she can't even pay for much more urgent and necessary processes within the US.

I mean if US was Iran, and US was surrounded by Chinese military bases, and continually threatened, drugs routes opened through Mexico to make them addicts, and unjustified sanctions slapped left to right, then I would see some justification for such an absurd if not insane expenditure. But from what I see, even though Iran is surrounded in all sides, US warships on the standby on its shores, and US missiles aimed at it, she only spends 5 billion. US practically spends XXXX more than Iran.

I will ask you again, explain to me please, why would US need such an absurd expenditure on defence?
edit on 22-6-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join