It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Pilger - A Fantastic and Experianced Indepdenent Journalist 'The War You Don't See'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hi All,

I wanted to share some fantastic documentaries i have watched recently. One more so tha other called ' The War You Don't See' which looks at journalism and the role it plays during wartime and the propaganda fed to journalist's and how it contributed to public opinion before Iraq and Afganistan along with Vietnam and other major wars.

He has some fantastic interviews and asks the hard questions to people that lied to the public along with others that only ever try to tell the truth but are often drowned out by lies and propaganda.

There is also a couple other documentaries he has done which are with sharing, many focus on recent wars and the difference between embedded journalists vs independents that see the real stories on the ground regarding civilian death and what the government and military class as ''worthy and unworthy casualties''

It is very eye opening and sad but it is something that needs to be seen!

I will show a couple of trailers first to summarise the shows but the first clip i show of ''the war you dont see is very sadening'' it also includes interviews with many major MSM previous editor in chiefs and puts them under pressure for listening to and beleiving the propganda stories and also has a great interview with Assange and refelcts his personal views about the 'Military Industrial Complex' and where it is headed.

5/5 Tin Foil Hats for this rating

The War You Don't See - Airdate: Tuesday 21 Jun 2011 10:05pm SBSONE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/061ba55b8628.jpg[/atsimg]

Renowned filmmaker and award-winning Australian journalist John Pilger explores the role of media in war in his commanding and timely documentary, The War You Don’t See.

Pilger, himself a war correspondent, traces the history of embedded and independent reporting from the carnage of the First World War to the destruction of Hiroshima, the invasion of Vietnam to modern-day conflict in the Middle East.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42a124e9ba91.jpg[/atsimg]

He exposes how the practice of embedding journalists within the military controls not only what they are allowed to see, but how they are allowed to report it, and that “voluntary embedding” extends right across the media. Full Synopsis

Full Versions

( I have added 2/2 first because i want you to watch part two first, the very first part of it in regard to the false intel and bombing of an afghan village and is disturbing and something you dont hear about on the MSM news.)

John Pilger - Breaking The Silence

John Pilger - Breaking The Silence (Truth, Lies and Videotape)

Breaking the Silence: Truth and Lies in the War on Terror

The documentary investigates George W Bush's "war on terror". In "liberated" Afghanistan, America has its military base and pipeline access, while the people have the warlords who are, says one women, "in many ways worse than the Taliban". In Washington, a series of remarkable interviews includes senior Bush officials and former intelligence officers. In the week that the Hutton inquiry into the death of the British scientist Dr David Kelly releases its report, a former senior CIA official tells Pilger that the whole issue of weapons of mass destruction was "95 per cent charade".

Google Video Link

John Pilger - The New Rulers of the World

The myths of globalisation have been incorporated into much of our everyday language. "Thinking globally" and "the global economy" are part of a jargon that assumes we are all part of one big global village, where national borders and national identities no longer matter. But what is globalisation? And where is this global village? In 2001, John Pilger made 'The New Rulers of the World', a film exploring the impact of globalisation.

The New Rulers of the World(IMDb)

So the main event i would have to say is ' The War You Don't See' but all of John Pilger's documenataries are fantastic and he has been a journalist and reporter for many years and has seen alot of things that the normal everyday person would cringe at and could not beleive in thier wildest dreams......

These types of show's and doco's need to be aired on MSM networks and need much more publicity! Otherwise propaganda will always defeat media and sway public opinion as we all saw leading up to the Iraq INVASION of a soveriegn country.

Enjoy the media

What did you think?

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This thread can't get lost in all the other junk on ATS!!

If the Mods can think of a better forum to place this in please move accordingly as this type of footage needs to been seen!

It is the exact opposite of the MSM crap we are fed every day and show's the real truth of what is happening overseas and the war's that are being fought in ''our name''

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I watched this the day it was shown on Australian TV, roughly three months ago. A fantastic documentary from one of our countries few investigative journalists worth the title. I could not agree more with the sentiments above, and plead with any who have the time/money/inclination to find a way to watch the thing in its entirety.

My own personal copy now sits on my DVD rack. Going to hit play this evening and give it another run.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just another bump, absolutely brilliant documentary.
I was shocked and delighted to see this sort of stuff being aired on television.
If only it could be televised for the world to see.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that the Hessdalen posted works and has the full version - although page is in Chinese(i think) and it has Chinese or Mandarin subtitles the full clip works but cannot be embedded.

I noticed the full version links i posted above have since been removed on copyright grounds...
It annoys me but at the same time i understand they want to make money on the production.

You would think they would be smart enough to realise that most people are not going to spend $30+ on a dvd. Why not share it for free when as Pilger said ' it's about our RIGHT to know ''

Anyways the link works

The War You Don't See - Full Version Streaming

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I just cannot believe there are not more posts on here. Our ATS members would rather talk about governments hiding stuff from us. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty they cannot stand to look at what our country really does. 500,000 women and children killed in between the gulf war and now. WEEKLY BOMBINGS by the american government I used to call my own. I personally served, if you can call it that and there have been and will be many times that I have and will debate killing myself because of things that should never do or see. However when you hear the words "Pull the damn trigger or its your ass" Or pull the damn trigger before I do. Things can do things to a man that has been conditioned, and brainwashed that wil make you pull the trigger. A damn shame People say they want the truth but when it is right in front of them they Ignore it. I being former millitary think ignorance is a bliss and just wish I had that back for one brief second. To get be the man I used to be even for a day I would give my own life. As would hundreds of thousands of other service men.

Don't get me wrong and please hear me out. Since the Gulf war we have killed or contributed to the killing of over 500,000 women and children. Come on people women and children senseless.

My heart bleeds for those innocent lives. Bleeds. However my hands are not clean of there blood and neither is American military as a whole. Following orders. Never again will I take orders from the American government. And legally I don't have to after I came back from overseas I declared myself legally a Sovereign citizen of the United States. I am free and that feeling is good. go on America think your free. You are slaves. Mere puppets being controlled by Marionettes. I cry for you as I cry for the innocent lives lost overseas. The senseless and pointless wars. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry.
edit on 28-7-2011 by reptiliannogmar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's such a shame and I'm quite disappointed nobody else has bothered to post on this thread.

I have recently discovered the inspirational John Pilger. I've watched many of his documentaries, with The war you don't see and The War on Democracy being two favourites. I was so impressed with them that I've got them on dvd.

I am also currently reading John Pilger's book Freedom Next Time, which is well worth a read. It looks at the plight of people in Palestine, India, South Africa and Afghanistan as well as the Chagos Islanders and draws upon material from some of his previous documentaries.

Stealing a Nation and Palestine is still the issue are also two great documentaries of his.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This one is also a must see.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Thank you so much for posting

Apologies for not replying sooner as I have been taking a break from ATS.

Thanks again

Peace!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
What is going on inside ATS??

Why is this Topic/Post Topic/Post closed??? www.abovetopsecret.com... There was no reason given. Why were the links in that post removed? Again no reason given.

Why can't I star the below reply????

Originally posted by reptiliannogmar
I just cannot believe there are not more posts on here. Our ATS members would rather talk about governments hiding stuff from us. But when it comes down to the nitty-gritty they cannot stand to look at what our country really does. 500,000 women and children killed in between the gulf war and now. WEEKLY BOMBINGS by the american government I used to call my own. I personally served, if you can call it that and there have been and will be many times that I have and will debate killing myself because of things that should never do or see. However when you hear the words "Pull the damn trigger or its your ass" Or pull the damn trigger before I do. Things can do things to a man that has been conditioned, and brainwashed that wil make you pull the trigger. A damn shame People say they want the truth but when it is right in front of them they Ignore it. I being former millitary think ignorance is a bliss and just wish I had that back for one brief second. To get be the man I used to be even for a day I would give my own life. As would hundreds of thousands of other service men.

Don't get me wrong and please hear me out. Since the Gulf war we have killed or contributed to the killing of over 500,000 women and children. Come on people women and children senseless.

My heart bleeds for those innocent lives. Bleeds. However my hands are not clean of there blood and neither is American military as a whole. Following orders. Never again will I take orders from the American government. And legally I don't have to after I came back from overseas I declared myself legally a Sovereign citizen of the United States. I am free and that feeling is good. go on America think your free. You are slaves. Mere puppets being controlled by Marionettes. I cry for you as I cry for the innocent lives lost overseas. The senseless and pointless wars. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry.

new topics

top topics

join