It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military cargo movement reported to all major civilian populations in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown
reply to post by jerryznv

There wasn't anything particularly threatening about these armored humvee's, was there? Were they civilian, some kind of mercenary edition?

Ummm...I am not sure what you are asking really...maybe my opening lines of that might clear it up:

Two days ago on a trip to Wal-Mart with my wife we took notice of two semi's loaded with military Hummers

I tried to express that they were definitely military...did that not come across right?

They were military...I don't know what a mercenary edition would look like...please enlighten me!

Here is a nice front shot of the vehicles that were on this semi.

Edit: I don't mean to sound condescending...but I really have no idea aside from the military that would have such a vehicle and color...they were most certainly American military vehicles...but I am curious about the mercenary types that you are referring to.
edit on 22-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

edit on 22-6-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Brown
reply to post by jerryznv

I was in the Guard not too long ago, and we moved vehicles on commercial carriers all the time. They were bonded and background checked, and most times they were just unassuming, average looking trucks and drivers, no big commercial outfits or driver's uniforms. As for armored vehicles, when my unit trained up for Iraq in 2007, we had access to a handful of up-armored humvees; a few factory M1114's to drive, and a few battered, ad-hoc armored humvees. We even had a couple ASV's. Wyoming has Guard units training for deployments just like the rest of the states, and I would expect to see some of these vehicles moving around for training, etc.. I don't think there's anything to be worried about. That driver was just doing his job when he told you he couldn't comment.

My take as well. If this was uncommon for this carrier - I'd chalk it up to a great spot bid for the move - nothing more.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Might this have something to do with the massive drills being held on the east coast by the marines? They are currently testing every piece of heavy equipment they have.

Thats because their getting ready to go to Libya, is also the real reason Obama is pulling troops from Afgan.

ALS

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

I agree...this is most probably the explaination...but it was a tad out of the ordinary.

I usually am quick to spot things like this (not to sound paranoid) and make a mental note...but these really did seem out of place here, and I have lived here for awhile. It just seemed odd...I suppose awareness is key too...looking out and paying attention seems to always highten awareness.

Probably nothing spectacular...just interesting. Keeping in mind the world is getting more and more interesting all the time...and if ever awareness needed to be high...I would say now is the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Recently in my area I've been seeing OH-58 Kiowas and AH-64 Apaches flying around...definitely not normal around here. Also saw a trainload of HUMMWVs over here, but they were heading to the port, I'm assuming. Coastie Medium Range Cutters have also been very active lately. Strange stuff going on...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

"That "video" is not proof, it is a female voice claiming lots of things,"

Could you explain what you mean by the above statement please??????????????

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well if you watch the video, all it shows is a modified picture of a warning sign, nothing else.
No trucks, no military vehicles - nothing. Unless someone has re-released it. Only watched it once.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Just watched it again - still teh same still picture and the woman starts of by saying:
"we got a report that a trucker said".
That is not reporting, that is scaremongering without any evidence.
Show me evidence, else this post is just that - paranoid scaremongering.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
At the start of Desert Storm we had massive rail activity to the port of Corpus Christi Texas I have seen no such activity yet..I will be watching

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I do not know, but i'm sure my sis would not lie to me. she said she saw alot of FEMA vehicles, gov't white vehicles,semi's, moving towards the cities in MN. I can understand the movements of military vehicles, but the amount of FEMA deployed stuff shipped on hwy.10 is alarming and catches ones eye. especially when they were moving all this stuff at night.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
my mother lives next to the highway and late at night she says that on hwy 10 alot of military vehicles go by and the trains moving military hardware south bound toward the cities. She reported trains with nothing but fuel tanks or something also. I asked if she saw any fema trucks and she said NO. I asked if she saw any white vans, semi's and she said , yes. She is 84 and still does not want to read. So that answered that question. The same fema vehicles my sis saw.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

That's nutty. Over here in Virginia/dc/maryland I noticed on the beltway recently a whole convoy of military vehicles and there must have been nearly ten gas/fuel tanker type of vehicles as well as a couple witch had what was obiously generators on board. They were heading towads Virginia from Maryland. I actually saw these maybe four days ago. I thought it was wierd at the time, but just figured maybe they were going to Quantico or something. It definately sounds like something is going on. Not to mention all of the helicopters I have seen flying around the DC area lately. Of course, I am not in expert in vehicles so I don't know if they are police/military heli's, or what. Still strange to say the least.
edit on 6/23/2011 by FoJAk because: spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Funny, just today I've seen four pairs of Blackhawks fly over. In the 8 years that I've lived in Ohio, I can't recal ever seeing even one, let alone this many in one day and it's only early afternoon.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't know if this is linked to my original post, but I found this on the net.

The "official" Fema guide to current operations.. Basically "nothing to see here"

www.fema.gov...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedGemini

Thought I would post this, as I don't see these very often out of Offut AFB.
Lockheed U-2 Warbird just took off heading west out of Omaha. Super loud too.
Does not mean much, right now. Just noting the time and direction.

The Lockheed U-2, nicknamed "Dragon Lady", is a single-engine, very high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft operated by the United States Air Force and previously flown by the Central Intelligence Agency. It provides day and night, very high-altitude (70,000 feet / 21,000 meters), all-weather surveillance. The aircraft is also used for electronic sensor research and development, satellite calibration, and satellite data validation.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I know that some people are skeptical about this however i have noticed some odd things around where i live. ITs just a small little town surronded by farms.. nothing that shouls interest the government really. So why has there been groups of 2-3 AC-130 transport planes going by at an altitude of less than 300 feet. Thats highly unusual.. oh and there are no military bases and or airports even remotely close to the area. Just some food for thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
well I agree with Havok
And welcome to the ATS N
No worries here,.. and yeah if something does happen.. sucks for you if yer not ready

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellforge
I know that some people are skeptical about this however i have noticed some odd things around where i live. ITs just a small little town surronded by farms.. nothing that shouls interest the government really. So why has there been groups of 2-3 AC-130 transport planes going by at an altitude of less than 300 feet. Thats highly unusual.. oh and there are no military bases and or airports even remotely close to the area. Just some food for thought.

I wouldn't worry about those. Were they a pair of them one after the other? I live in Northern panhandle of West Virginia, and they fly over like once a month at least. My guess some sort of training flight. I have seen them since I was little... I believe they use this very large roofed structure near our home for navigation as it easily seen from the air.

I DID see what looked like a naval helicopter with the refueling nozzle on the front fly over solo a few days ago. That was unusual for our area. I've seen alot of helis before, but not that type. It was very boxy, maybe a MH-53E. I just recall the rectangular shape, long nozzle in the front and a very slow flight speed over the area. Maybe on its way to an air show I dunno.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Every time it was a set of three flying in formation. Its just a little out of the ordinary for the area thats all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by georgemonsoon

Wow, just stumbled upon this thread. On Tuesday this week (yesterday), I saw a giant Catepillar Generator the size of a semi-truck trailer. Behind that generator were 4 SUV's from Department of Homeland Security. The SUV's were modified in some way that made them ride lower to the ground and handle bumps and corners a little differently than a typical SUV. I was following them for awhile, and it was a little weird. They were driving in unison with one another, and they didn't allow any traffic in between their vehicles. They were sort of a convoy.

Anyhow, it seemed odd at the time, I didn't see anything on the local news about it, but since this thread is up here, I figured I would add my observation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join