It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you thought it was otherwise..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Luke 6

20And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

21Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

22Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

23Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Please be enlightened further.

Talking about finding balance in your life, that is the way. We don't need to be rich for it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Do as there is spoken of here. You will lead a good life. It will be what you never thought it would be. Salvation from the shackles in your life. You will be free. Promise. Pray for those who do evil to you. Everything will work out!
You will find yourself and life suddenly will seem worth it and you'll be able to look ahead. At least, that's what I experienced.

The very best to you!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Give a tenth of what you earn to others. Sell you wealth and give the money to the poor. There is life among the poor.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

You're just preaching now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Truth..We are on a spiritual journey some fall off and are lost..others carry on.keep the Faith

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
We don't need to be rich for it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

And here I was thinking that related to a mans worth in terms of his soul, rather than his worldly possessions.

Either way, I don't know what I am supposed to think, given I am supposed to have a conflicting view, or something as per the title.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Worst title I've seen all day, could you at least be somewhat descriptive?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I guess all rich people are going to Hell , if it wasn't for the rich , us poor folk wouldn't have jobs

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It's because they are that rich that they can offer us jobs. They took everything from us and then we needed to work for it. How I wish for a honest community. All the rich should give their money to the poor. From then on we could work together for sustain. A community where everything is shared and where people are open to eachother.

hm h. Where are the times where life was hard..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Check the user's other threads out; they're a riveting read.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

yes your right this is another good thread

the word of God is always good and if you dont like it

why are you bothering with it or do you just like picking on people

who's views dont mach yours

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

edit on 2011/6/22 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

yes your right this is another good thread

I never suggested it wasn't.

the word of God is always good and if you dont like it

The word of God differs from person to person, religion to religion, time to time. I can't postulate any absolute opinion on whether a God exists, or what the "word of God" might be, it would be speculation.

why are you bothering with it or do you just like picking on people

Not at all, and to cause offense is certainly not not my intention.

I come here to exchange ideas, and i have as much right to share my belief, or lack of belief as you do to share your beliefs. I want to be challenged, i ask questions because i'm curious.

who's views dont mach yours

Again, i'm not a contrarian.
edit on 22-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Are there any who read the complete chapter?

For myself, it reminded me to periods in my life where things like these happened. Someone took my bike in the home I lived. I was actualy angry but it didn't make any difference and he stole my food. There were things I didn't understood about it but reading the chapter made me not care about it anymore. What it says can really lead to a sense of freedom and it breads unconditional love. Give to anyone who asks you. It are liberating acts described here.

Doing what is told leads to being children of the Almighty. Wouldn't you do them?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

You mean this:

"If you thought it was otherwise.."

I recall that Jesus once said, "If it were not so, I would have told you."

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I meant if you thought you had to do evil when evil was done unto you it is otherwise. But somehow we know from within what is best. It is perfect guidance for becoming a child of God.

new topics

top topics

join