It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnotic technology!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
is there much evidence to show that technology such as televisions, computer monitors, mobiles etc..
admit some visual hypnotic element?

have you ever taken a picture of your computer screen or tv and seen the black lines, the screen is constantly moving at a very fast speed so this must have some stress on the senses..not to mention the constant flashing light frequency, quick moving images, quick changing contrast..

the reason im interested in this (not only because its shocking)
is pokie machines..
i last night saw a tv program on pokie addiction and saw a lot of testimonials from addicts trying to explain the seduction of a pokie machine..
and it was all the lights and flashing screen..
is it possible that the quick spinning and flashing screens could add to the addiction?

anyway info would be much appreciated on the topic as it is of great interest to me

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I have seen warneing labeles on video games about possible seisures due to the movements and flashing light bursts in the games

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

Have a read of this here...

Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near 1/2 Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.

Computer monotors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the 1/2 Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

The implementations of the invention are adapted to the source of video stream that drives the monitor, be it a computer program, a TV broadcast, a video tape or a digital video disc (DVD).

For a computer monitor, the image pulses can be produced by a suitable computer program. The pulse frequency may be controlled through keyboard input, so that the subject can tune to an individual sensory resonance frequency. The pulse amplitude can be controlled as well in this manner. A program written in Visual Basic(R) is particularly suitable for use on computers that run the Windows 95(R) or Windows 98(R) operating system. The structure of such a program is described. Production of periodic pulses requires an accurate timing procedure. Such a procedure is constructed from the GetTimeCount function available in the Application Program Interface (API) of the Windows operating system, together with an extrapolation procedure that improves the timing accuracy.

1. A method for manipulating the nervous system of a subject located near a monitor, the monitor emitting an electromagnetic field when displaying an image by virtue of the physical display process, the subject having a sensory resonance frequency, the method comprising: creating a video signal for displaying an image on the monitor, the image having an intensity; modulating the video signal for pulsing the image intensity with a frequency in the range 0.1 Hz to 15 Hz; and setting the pulse frequency to the resonance frequency.

2. A computer program for manipulating the nervous system of a subject located near a monitor, the monitor emitting an electromagnetic field when displaying an image by virtue of the physical display process, the subject having cutaneous nerves that fire spontaneously and have spiking patterns, the computer program comprising: a display routine for displaying an image on the monitor, the image having an intensity; a pulse routine for pulsing the image intensity with a frequency in the range 0.1 Hz to 15 Hz; and a frequency routine that can be internally controlled by the subject, for setting the frequency; whereby the emitted electromagnetic field is pulsed, the cutaneous nerves are exposed to the pulsed electromagnetic field, and the spiking patterns of the nerves acquire a frequency modulation.

Link to patent 650614

I would consider this some form of evidence, have a read of the whole link to patent 6506148 that I have linked as it has much more information if it interests you.

I have cropped what I originally quoted as it was far too long but its all in the link.

edit on 22-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hypnosis is the dark secret of human psychology and with mass media being what it today, hypnotic influences should be a growing concern. But two forces will not want you to know too much about the process. Those fores are commercial interests (mostly advertising) and governments. Text book barely scratch the surface of this amazing feature of mind and never discuss the evidence of outside control by hypnosis because it can be truly frightening.

Stage hypnotists provide a far better concept of what is possible than professionals will ever admit. the situation is very similar to that of UFOs. The phenomena is there for the looking, but the controllers don't want to look and they don't want you to look because it is a very slippery slope upon which to tread.

To really know the capabilities of hypnosis, I suggest that those interested turn to the indepth works of the pioneers Erickson, LeCrone and others in the field. Anyone that believes this process has not been fully explored and exploited by TPTB (both government and commercial) needs their head examined.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I knew it!!!!!!!!!!

Never play Tekken on an old television set!!!!!

Recent meditative experiences have made me Highly sensitive to many kinds of energy & i thought i was being paranoid about the affect the screen has on me but seriously that # is #ED UP !!!!!!!!!

I have felt SEVERELY violated by some of the energies i pick up from that game... in my skin in my mind in my entire being ... its really horrible... i think the reason a lot of people dont notice it is because there are many ... lets call them "comfort zones" us humans have when we are helpless to a discomfort and i beleive this is why so many aren't aware of those kinds of energies, not because they dont have an effect but because we cant deal with them and so shield them from awareness...

I made the mistake of first pretending there was nothing actually going on beyond my paranoia which was stupid because the feelings were made worse blaming myself while trying to find the thoughts behind the discomfort (No, definately not paranoia as the original and only cause, it was too physical and strong) like aburning under the skin... crazy pressures in different parts of my body that would be hard to release, eye strains leading to headaches~ really worried about how much damage has been caused due to this one. .... Seriously worried, sometimes it felt so bad that i thought i was being labotomised... awfully sensations truly awful
never again!
Thanks for posting that patent bro, life saver!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
&

Forgive this potentially outrageous statment....

I beleive my circumcision exposed me much more than i would have otherwise been.

Humanity needs to slap some evil punks down big time
edit on 22/6/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Use of mass media to influence and manipulate the public is often over complicated, and over explained. It's really very simple.

The idea is simply to take advantage of the light hypnotic state that all humans go in and out of several times on a daily basis. This can be influenced by those mediums by directing our focus. Preferably on something we like, or will pay attention to. Once we are focused, we easily lapse into a light hypnotic state that is more conducive to accepting ideas and thoughts we might not otherwise be open to if we were looking at them critically.

From that point, repetition, conversations in the background, words spoken just below our conscious hearing threshold, and certain movements, flashing, quick scene changes, etc. are used to convey messages to the subconscious mind.

That's not to say that more technical methods aren't used, because they are, frequently. But they're all after the same thing. To lull your critical faculties to sleep, making it easier to speak straight to your subconscious mind.

Check out Dick Sutphen's The Battle For Your Mind...

There are many others out there if one wants to get into a study on this. Hope that helps. S&F.
edit on 6/22/2011 by Klassified because: spelling police

new topics

top topics

join