It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with some people on this site?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Great rant OP. I don't see how anyone can support euthanasia as a means of population control. I do support a patients right to die. I think a terminally ill person should be able to make up their mind and die with dignity if they so choose. But how anyone can view the elderly as a liability is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Good lord, somebody have a heart! But it is unreal how people have issues and take it out on the world though.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by franspeakfree

also it would take the older drivers off the road and cut the amount of deaths caused by old people who insist on driving even though they clearly aren't up to it

If thats your logic for supporting euthanasia then surely you support the same for the young first time drivers who cause accidents. How about those who text behind the wheel? What about tailgators? If we euthanize them it will get them off of the road and reduce accidents. Perhaps stricter licensing standards would be a little more reasonable? Old people are a liability? So at what age does society get to view you as a liability? The elderly have a lot to teach us. Sure some of them are stubborn old coots but they can impart a lot of wisdom on the young.

Sterilization should be mandatory to everyone over the age of 40

And what exactly is your reasoning behind this? What about people who make a conscious decision to not have kids until later in life in order to be prepared financially or emotionally? What if someone doesn't meet the right person until 45. Will we have waivers for these people? Who gets to decide?

anyone caught fiddling the system

What is your definition of fiddling the system? Does a first time offender get sterilized? How about a political dissident? So mistakes in life will be met with sterilization?

all prisoners found guilty of their crime(s) especially rapists.

And what exactly do you think sterilization will do to a rapist? Keep him from raping again? Although rape is close to the lowest crime you can commit I think we can think of better punishments then sterilization. How about more time in prison? Instead of less time then some drug offenders.

This world is overpopulated as it is and we need to maintain a healthy balance.

We could be considered slightly overpopulated but the answer is not sterilization and euthanasia. How about better use of technology? Sustainable farming practices? Sustainable energy? The earth can easily support our population if we make use of science and our technology.

I am pro sterilization and euthanasia

Me too!

Euthanize 80 old farts and you reduce world population by exactly 80.
Euthanize 80 young; arrogant; horny; bed hopping/ fistpumping twenty somethings and the world population is reduced exponentially!

Eat the young and pick your(remaining)teeth with fragments of their shattered i-pods.

Clearly. Although I am not sure that you know why.
edit on 22-6-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Send all the illegals home and there would be no drain on resources...be plenty to go around then

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To the OP.

Right on man, riiiiiiight on the money.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Such a lack of love and compassion from these young people will make for a very ugly world. How dare they play God with other human beings lives, including their own parents and grandparents who nurtured them through the years. If their thinking prevails and comes to fruition they should be very frightened for themselves and their own future.

I hope they wise up before their own children rebel against them and throw them away like an old shoe! There is no excuse for such evil and selfishness.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Tough times call for tough measures...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

S/F

Loved your post and think you are dead on.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty much reduced to reading here now. I'm seeing so many men who hate women on these forums, who don't care about them getting molested by TSA, men who simply hate other people for their race. It's too much. I've backed off a lot from posting lately. I come to read the UFO threads and leave.

I believe in free speech but just because you have it doesn't mean you have to be cruel.
This site is turning into the nastiness of the yahoo comments section. I have a sensitive heart and soul and ATS is starting to become a place that I can't be around much anymore. It used to be fun but lately it has become full of hate and negativity.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Believe me take a long look around. If it's not the elderly that people on ATS hate, it's women, or it's indians, or Mexicans, or it's someone else. I understand the owners of ATS want people to have a place to come to and speak openly about things, but it's getting to be too much.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aisling
reply to post by k21968

Believe me take a long look around. If it's not the elderly that people on ATS hate, it's women, or it's indians, or Mexicans, or it's someone else. I understand the owners of ATS want people to have a place to come to and speak openly about things, but it's getting to be too much.

Ahhh crap! Im old, an indian, and female!

I understand what you are saying. It has gotten odd around here... but hang in there. School will be back in session before you know it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Tough times call for tough measures...

So what your saying is, because we find ourselves in a difficult financial situation caused by Government and an out of control Banking sector, we now must sacrifice the elderly and the offspring of the poor. Punishing those least to blame for the economic meltdown.

See it's almost as if people have been brainwashed by those in power to start blaming the weakest in society for the economic failure. It makes no sense to me. Maybe its because its easier to blame people who cant really defend themselves, unlike the banks who called on their governments to tone down the banker bashing.

But I thank the poster for highlighting what my rant was about

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

See it's almost as if people have been brainwashed by those in power to start blaming the weakest in society for the economic failure. It makes no sense to me.

That's a good thing; that it makes no sense to you.

It means you aren't a sociopath.

*If you were saying "This might not make sense to you guys so let me lay it all out for ya" - then we'd be worried.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Partygirl

You will be amazed on how your feelings about OLD PEOPLE
will change as YOU grow old yourself.
I used to be young and look good in tee shirts.But,age and gravity
seems to catch up with you no matter how fast you run.

Mamabeth: First, good post from you. I'm over 50 and I think I still look darn good in a tee shirt. I implore you to get out your tee shirts and wear 'em proudly. You go girl! Star for you

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Yet another member who did not read my post instead decided to play to the crowd and people wonder why members don't like a debate. May I suggest you go back a page or so and read what I wrote before spinning all the 'old people pay in to the system' trash. jeesh can I get a re wind?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

And what exactly do you think sterilization will do to a rapist? Keep him from raping again? Although rape is close to the lowest crime you can commit

WTF Rape is close to the lowest crime you can commit?? - I think many many many women will disagree with you on that one my ignorant friend. Very worrying reading such a comment? very worrying indeed. I can only assume you are in your early twenties or perhaps not even reached that far yet.

We could be considered slightly overpopulated but the answer is not sterilization and euthanasia. How about better use of technology? Sustainable farming practices? Sustainable energy? The earth can easily support our population if we make use of science and our technology.

I agree wholeheartedly, sustainable technology is the way forward unfortunately though people are too wrapped up in themselves to notice how those at the top are using technology for their own gains and not to help others or this earth. As for science who funds the research ? nuf said.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

I think that is very shallow thinking. I am 40+ and my husband and I both work. If I wanted to have another baby this year who are you to say I couldnt?? You dont support me or my kids.

You know as well as I do you are too old to have a baby, think about how old you will be when the baby grows up. It is unfair on the system and on the baby and taxpayers have to pay for you.

As for euthanizing elderly people? Shame on you. Shame shame shame on you. Spend some time in a nursing home or a veterans home and talk to the elderly people you are dismissing. It is amazing how much knowledge they have to offer and how much you can learn from them.

Instead of skimming through read what I wrote, I am pro voluntary euthanasia for the elderly. not only to get them off the road but so they don't fill up the nursing homes in the first place. Lets face it thats not much you can do when your elderly except sit back and wait your turn.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by k21968

I think that is very shallow thinking. I am 40+ and my husband and I both work. If I wanted to have another baby this year who are you to say I couldnt?? You dont support me or my kids.

You know as well as I do you are too old to have a baby, think about how old you will be when the baby grows up. It is unfair on the system and on the baby and taxpayers have to pay for you.

As for euthanizing elderly people? Shame on you. Shame shame shame on you. Spend some time in a nursing home or a veterans home and talk to the elderly people you are dismissing. It is amazing how much knowledge they have to offer and how much you can learn from them.

Instead of skimming through read what I wrote, I am pro voluntary euthanasia for the elderly. not only to get them off the road but so they don't fill up the nursing homes in the first place. Lets face it thats not much you can do when your elderly except sit back and wait your turn.

Ah, my friend; I'd like to be a fly inside your cranium when your attitude changes as you "mature"!

The Incoming "blast of realization" will be blinding.
As you sit around watching jeopardy reruns "waiting your turn" as you put it; but still Fully capable of giving and receiving love and enjoyment and enlightenment.(The best of things that make us human).
You want to euthanize living people. You should have to look into the eyes of each and every one before advocating such a policy.
edit on 23-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am NOT too old to have a baby. I am 42 and if I want to have a baby today I will. Who are you to say that is wrong? When the child graduates high school and is a legal adult I would only be 60. Umm I dont see the problem.
Many children have parents who die in their child hood unexpectedly at a young age. What is the difference????

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Im 1/2 blackfoot, old and female as well. I guess we can go to slaughter together.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join