It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats wrong with some people on this site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yay, my first rant. I'm not one for ranting in real life, if I do it's normally in a drunken incoherent fashion, that is generally ignored by those around me.

However, these last few days on ATS have shown me a darker side to the site. I have read a number of threads with members advocating steralisation of the poor and euphanasia for the old. Now people seem to be advocating these things as a solution to our financial problems that have arisen recently.

It seems strange that for a site that is concerned with the actions of the so called TPTB, many members are in fact willfully advocating the same population reduction policies, some argue TPTB want to carry out.

I think it's the recent attacks against the elderly that I have found most disturbing. People seem to have forgotten that those old wrinkly people were once young and healthy, young and healthy enough to fight in foreign lands to ensure the freedoms we take for granted now. These people were the Laborers, the ones who did back breaking work to build the infrastructures of your nations. These were the hard working citizens who paid taxes all their lives in the hope that when they retired they could maybe have a few years enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Yet it seems some see these people as a drain on resources. they can no longer produce and can only take. Well, yes thats how it goes Im afraid, you give your whole life and then you expect to receive at the end of it.

In these difficult economic times, lets retain our compassion, life is not about the financial bottom line, people and their dignity is more important than the financial benefit they have to offer.

Dont let this financial crisis turn you into an uncaring meanie, dont get caught up in the race to the bottom mentality.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yet it seems some see these people as a drain on resources. they can no longer produce and can only take. Well, yes thats how it goes Im afraid, you give your whole life and then you expect to receive at the end of it.
Good rant, and I agree with what you are saying. But where is this so-called rule book for life which dictates I must give and give until I get old? Count me out.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I found the op's post touching and humane.

The elderly derserve nothing but respect. Certainly euthansia is barbaric and fully against my belief system. As is any kind of "punishment" or mistreatment of the elderly.

However, I do proudly and staunchly advocate global rule by the young.. I am aware it is a radical, controversial, and unpopular view. But I in no way would want anything but the best possible treatment for all elderly.

The OP's message should be heard and considered.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you !! Im 62 worked all my adult life I had to retire earley due to illness..I Paid my taxes and my social security.I dont live off anyone! Thanks for stepping up ! Most of todays kids are worthless..I feel sorry for those that have to pull their load for them!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I have read a number of threads with members advocating steralisation of the poor and euphanasia for the old.

All I can say is my own opinion, which comes from my own point of view.
I have not read anything even close to what you are stating.

You didn't have to read it. It must have been a conscience decision.
If you see another, don't read it, since it bothers you this much.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hey, we're all entitled to a one rant surely, if you dont like ranting take your own advice.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

However, these last few days on ATS have shown me a darker side to the site. I have read a number of threads with members advocating steralisation of the poor and euphanasia for the old. Now people seem to be advocating these things as a solution to our financial problems that have arisen recently.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here? surely this would be one solution, also it would take the older drivers off the road and cut the amount of deaths caused by old people who insist on driving even though they clearly aren't up to it. Old people are a liability and should be treated as such Voluntary EUTHANASIA should be advocated in every country IMHO in order to fulfill our human rights.

Sterilization should be mandatory to everyone over the age of 40 anyone caught fiddling the system and to all prisoners found guilty of their crime(s) especially rapists. This world is overpopulated as it is and we need to maintain a healthy balance.

I am pro sterilization and euthanasia

edit on 22-6-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

My first guess, would be that those who post advocating sterilization of the poor and euthanasia for the old are trolls. So I ignore them.

Those that do actively advocate that the young should be in charge, have probably never been in charge for any great length of time and fail to realize that they too will be in the elderly shoes before they realize it. Any length of time gains you experiance, regardless of what you do.

You ain’t young forever. Maybe mentally, but the body grows old and starts breaking down.

Yes kiddies! One day you’ll be one of us! BWHAhahahahaha! And there is nothing you can do about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
we need to maintain a healthy balance.

I am pro sterilization and euthanasia

so was this your idea?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

You cannot use your free speech rights to libel or slander or incite violence against a person or group and you ought not be able to use that right to call for forced sterilization.

I think people who use their free speech rights to advocate such mandatory sterilization should lose those rights for several years and be forcefully isolated from society.

*I have no doubt that some who promote these things are just mentally ill or trying to be fashionable; and this should be considered during sentencing. The right medication and some therapy might be more effective in such cases.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hey, we're all entitled to a one rant surely, if you dont like ranting take your own advice.
That's not very nice.

I did not say that I don't like ranting.
I did not say that your thread bothers me.
I did not say whether I agree or disagree, with what you are saying.

I was simply offering a possible solution.
I guess you were not actually looking for a possible solution?
Would you have preferred that I gave a well-thought-out and meaningful reply
such as, "Right on man. S&F!" ??

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
compared to Infowars this site rocks.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
However, I do proudly and staunchly advocate global rule by the young..

Hahaha, that will never happen.

Keep dreaming though.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The right medication and some therapy might be more effective in such cases.

And who fits the bill? good old fashioned innocent tax payers. Nope we need to get tough and start clearing the way for a better world. Those who have kids to get their houses or those that live off of the system need be treated like animals and in some cases put down as such, also we need to get tough on the convicts, a stint in jail is like going to candy shop nowadays. Respect for your fellow neighbours has all been lost in the murky waters of human rights and free speech. We need control and order before its too late.

On a side note what right do we have have denying people the rights to assisted suicide.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
If franspeakfree has his/her way, the rest of the SS/RedGuards will be goose-stepping into your neighborhoods soon. But don’t worry folks, we only want peace and order. And that requires a cleansing.

Sarc off/

My family has a long history of fighting against your way of thinking. I will continue that fight.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

You sound really young.

You probably won't say the things you do once you've matured into an adult.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You will be amazed on how your feelings about OLD PEOPLE
will change as YOU grow old yourself.
I used to be young and look good in tee shirts.But,age and gravity
seems to catch up with you no matter how fast you run.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

You sound really young.

You probably won't say the things you do once you've matured into an adult.

Lol - handbags at dawn - You are on.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

In order to maintain a proper balance of the population...
Are you volunteering to be sterilized or euthanized?
I am assuming your answer is no.Why should you then
advocate others to do what you won't do yourself?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Instead of the quips and of playing to the crowd, why don't you go back and read exactly what I wrote, and this goes for everyone looking to play the crowd. Lets break the perpetual ATS cycle of mudslinging and talk about this.

For the record I am saying that anyone over the age of 40 should be sterilized including that of people who play the system and use their children to gain houses and benefits I am also saying that all convicts convicted of their crimes including rapists should be sterilized, I am saying that assisted suicide should be legalised in every country.

Now in YOUR OWN OPINION whats wrong with that ?
edit on 22-6-2011 by franspeakfree because: structuring

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join