It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies having constant tension.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I need some recommendations from all of you with movies having constant tension.
Constant tension is that kind of a genre in which the characters are under constant
tension,threat or paranoia.

In this genre the viewers are also curious of what next?!

So please can you recommend some movies of this genre which you have seen?

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
once he gets arrested its constant tension

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

Here's a couple that you should find good...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Here's another gem that I had forgotten about until recently...

and this one too...

edit on 22-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
different styles of tensions

dramatic/psychological tension

(suggested) gore/psychological

action/sci fi

adventure/conspiracy - no time to enjoy a cigarette

the jacket/mirrors/frequency are very average imo

martyr is...wow... one guy was saying on imdb, the director is like dr frankeinstein, he created a monster and now doesn't know how to deal with it.

I usually enjoy gore, suspense, horror (if it is with ideas & well directed like saw the first can be) and most of all controversial movies like immortal, naked lunch, or even maniac (1980) but with martyr I think it was the first time I had so much trouble watching a movie. I could not stop it though, i tried but got curious to see where this was all going... hoping for a better ending all along, but just got worst all along... i would never watch that "thing" again, some pictures are still haunting. it's a ufo in the history of cinema imo; i would advise nobody to watch it, if you insist, do with empty stomach, no kids, no women around & good luck.
edit on 22-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
Constant tension is that kind of a genre in which the characters are under constant
tension,threat or paranoia.

Steven Spielberg classic Duel

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Here's what works for me:

Seven (1995)
www.imdb.com...

Sunshine (2007)
www.imdb.com...

The Descent (2005)
www.imdb.com...

One Hour Photo (2002)
www.imdb.com...

Black Swan (2010)
www.imdb.com...
edit on 06/14/2011 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
the jacket/mirrors/frequency are very average imo

It depends on how hardcore you are into the genre I think.

I prefer thrillers over straight horror movies as I find horror far too predictable and there is nothing suspenseful about waiting to see how long it takes a person to get attacked in some way in my opinion.

I enjoyed the first Saw movie though.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Mel Gibson in a movie called "Conspiracy Theory", is a great movie. It wasn't as highly advertised as some of his movies, but it's one of my favorites. It's probably about 10 years old or more.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

tension doesn't mean horror... and i was saying in general, frequency/mirrors/the jacket are just average movies; pandorum is slightly more than average & the tension & twists are there and hardly predictable;

cube is amazing when you consider the budget, saw is cult; children of men is more than cult;

21 gram is pure art &1000% tension with a set of actors at the top of their game... how any of those flicks are predictable i don't know... but if you haven't seen 21 gram & children of men hurry !
edit on 22-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
also a bunch of east asian movies full tension & worst the watch

confessions
www.imdb.com...

audition
www.imdb.com...

dark water
www.imdb.com...

oldboy (cult must see)
www.imdb.com...

enjoy !

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just thought of another one... Russel Crowe in "A Beautiful Mind" lots of suspense and "what the heck is going on", in this movie.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Exam

Eight talented candidates have reached the final stage of selection to join the ranks of a mysterious and powerful corporation. Entering a windowless room, an Invigilator gives them eighty minutes to answer one simple question. He outlines three rules they must obey or be disqualified: don't talk to him or the armed guard by the door, don't spoil their papers and don't leave the room. He starts the clock and leaves. The candidates turn over their question papers, only to find they're completely blank. After the initial confusion has subsided, one frustrated candidate writes 'I believe I deserve...,' and is promptly ejected for spoiling. The remaining candidates soon figure out they're permitted to talk to each other, and they agree to cooperate in order to figure out the question: then they can compete to answer it.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Loved Frequency, that was awesome.

How about "Unthinkable" starring Samuel L Jackson, Michael Sheen and Carrie Ann Moss? Moss is an FBI agent brought in to oversee the interrogation and torture of a Muslim convert (Sheen) to discover the locations of three nuclear bombs and Jackson is the "interrogator" if you wanna call it that.

Pretty sweet movie, tension mounts as Sheen is put through as much physical and mental torture as possible while the FBI agent is worried about the ethics of using torture to get information.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No Country for Old Men
Deliverance
Southern Comfort

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Harold and Maud.
This is a love story of a male teen named Harold obsessed with death by way of suicide and a female in her 50s obsessed with death by way of funerals. It comes out to a psychological drama well into the deep end of the social pool. The final scene in the trailer is Harolds car. He drove a hearse and his mother buys him a Jag, so he cuts them each in half and puts them together.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: May they both rest in peace!

edit on 23-6-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to replace vid link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join