It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Student the 'Major player' in LulzSec Global Hacking Plot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
LOL i seen the headlines this morning Worlds No.1 Hacker LOL

And the real, genuine hackers will be cringing at the headline and also laughing.

Silly media.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Please detail which law "Obama and everyone else" Broke.... Please explain..

Bow chicka bow wow
edit on 6/23/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

Attacking a country when it has not attacked you. Attacking Libya without congressinal approval. Where did libya attack the USA under obamas watch? Yes illegal.

Do you have anything intelligent to add? You state false opinions as facts.... Is this a flaw of yours, or are you simply a troll?

Now why dont you disprove where what i said was not "intelligent" according to you. What is your education level seriously?
edit on 23-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
He is a British citizen, meaning he cannot be tried in the US court of law. Sucks for US authorities I guess. How did he get caught anyway, and why did he not use free public wireless to perform his attacks boggles my mind.

I would imagine this being a sting operation. also to draw out sympathizers and terminate, or perhaps incite further.
they need a scapegoat to legitimize their cause, so why not create one?

and don't worry, they will extradite him

Right. That's what I was thinking.

They need a face to sell this home to Joe-six-pack that internet free expression is evil and we need to chinify the internet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Everything you just stated is false. 1st please .. Show me the LAW where Obama has to have congressional approval to go into Libya. Don't dodge this... I want the EXACT law that he broke.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by katseyes
reply to post by dsm1664

Most of us in the UK take anything written in The Sun with a huge pinch of salt ...

I think you overestimate when you say most...

(I'm a Brit by the way
)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

You may be right fellow Brit - perhaps I should have said "some of us".

They may have labelled him a drunk and a druggie.... but at least they didnt claim he was one of those nutty conspiracy theorists

Yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by BiGGz

He did not break a law in the USA, he was not standing on US soil. You can only commit something illegal in the USA, if you are actually in the USA. If that is the case then Obama and everyone in NATO is wanted in Libya for committing crimes in Libya.

Can't tell if trolling or just very stupid. So I guess I can launch a rocket from the UK and hit government buildings and kill hundreds of people? Since I wasn't in the U.S, I didn't break any laws and did nothing illegal. so I get off scot free..

edit on 23-6-2011 by Setoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Havick007

Even the NSA cannot break 8192 bit RSA encryption or AES-256. You sit out with your laptop from a wireless access point far away. Heck even use an old satellite dish to sit hundreds of yards away and increase the range. Laptops have no simcard dude. Your connection is untraceable. Just change the MAC address. Untraceable. I just picked up an old satellite dish that enables me 1/2 mile range on my wifi card. Meaning I could be sitting in a car half a mile away and using public wifi with encryption. How can anyone be traced?

This baby will increase your wifi range 4 miles:
www.radiolabs.com...
edit on 22-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Sure it can be monitored, but if your traffic is encrypted and your doing it out of your car in a busy intersection, they wont be able to trace you. Encryption + public wifi = anonymous.

You can't encrypt traffic on your end einstein without decrypting it from the other end unless it won't work.

Every assertion you have made in this thread is sadly wrong, couldn't be anymore further from the truth.

If you encrypt your traffic with RSA, you need another computer to decrypt it again on the other end so the web can understand it.

Encryption + Public wifi = doesn't work.

Its funny cause everything you have posted in this thread have been dead wrong. Its almost comical gold reading your posts.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by wayno
Their attack on PBS was targeted and intentional; not random. It served a purpose beyond lulz.
Just an example. It is possible to have a conscience and be a prankster.

What purpose did it serve beyond lulz ? I am not aware of this PBS attack, and I highly doubt that it did serve any purpose beyond the self-aggrandisement of those who were involved in the attack.

Lulzsec do not have a conscience; they have already displayed this by releasing personal details of many unsuspecting and innocent people.

If you are unaware of the situation then you should hold back on your comments until you do some research. This does, however, reveal a lot about where you "are coming from".

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
If you are unaware of the situation then you should hold back on your comments until you do some research. This does, however, reveal a lot about where you "are coming from".

I am aware of the overall situation regarding the group.

It was just the particular attack on PBS that you referenced which I was not au fait with.

Having just looked into it, they were clearly continuing IN their light-hearted vein with the comments about the Pirates of the Caribbean and Matrix sequels. If you seriously think that defacing the PBS website because they didn't like the WikiSecrets programme was anything other than a knowing and ironic act which was done for the lulz, then I suggest you need to seriously reconsider your understanding of their actions !

edit on 23-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

Dude I know you need encryption at the other end, I never said that you could do without it. Where did I say that you dont need encryption at the other end? I use encryption on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, I even made my own 8192 bit RSA key which is better than most 4096 keys out there. I know how RSA works. You are very misinformed

Do you even know how RSA works? I use RSA all the time and I know you need someone who has the capability to decrypt on the other end. Look at my threads on security and internet, you are the one who does not know anything. Before you go around throwing accusations make sure you know who your dealing with.
edit on 23-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Setoman

Would RSA as a credential for VPN not be a secure and untraceable connection when connected via WiFi? (Assuming the WiFi was configured to allow an IP configuration capable of supporting VPN).

That is how I have always assumed hackers did connected. All you have to do is hide your MAC on a public, open network, right? I would assume that RSA would be a foolproof way to protect your VPN access (assuming the VPN host didn't sell you out).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Scapegoat, or not I do not care. Obviously he was involved in his little kicks and giggles and thought he was impossible to be caught... He probably thought using a proxy or stealing a unsuspecting persons wireless would render him impossible to be caught, despite his laptop or etc has its own unique mac identity...

""Oh but Lolz we gon' hack this, and that, and no one can catch us! Trolololol... Call our hotline to complain haha! lolsec!"

Personally whether or not a major player, he is played right now. Hes the scapegoat, or some annoying person who thinks ruining other peoples gaming experiences is somehow 'fun' and for the lolz!...

His defence? "Oh but we/I were just pointing out flaws in your security... The ruining of thousands+ of peoples times was just a bonus!!!".

In this day and age im suprised idiots do stupid things like this.... No matter what you do, your under observation.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by tom.farnhill

No one can make him fly to the USA. If I was him, I would get a good lawyer. He is not a US citizen and not subject to US laws. All he would have to do is show that the US is attempting to hack into british networks or foreign networks and he is just defending himself from foreign attack.

I was under the impression that you have to be on US soil to commit a crime in the US?
edit on 22-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I would tell America to go jump on this account, their justice system is laughable. They like to think everyone is subject to their laws. Britain is reviewing the extradiction laws with america and a good thing too.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aoxoa

the kid ran an IRC room, that is no big deal. He some bots for ddos attack, again no big deal. This is a form of peaceful digital protest. The peeps doing the hacking are still at large,doing there thing.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join