It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Student the 'Major player' in LulzSec Global Hacking Plot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadaMaster

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

But it all depends on who is trying to trace your connection and whether or not they have the capability of breaking the encryption.

Although it's not an easy task for the average person or even a hacker, there are government agencies (NSA) and even private companies that have the capability. What if a federal agency went to the phone carrier and asked for the details of the person connected at the time and approx place, as long as they had the right type of warrant it could be done, especially with all the new privacy/security laws passed in the past few years.

Although it's public Wifi, there is always some type of link or trace that you were there, all they would need is an IMEI or Sim-card number register.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Actually a SIM card is not needed as he is not referring to a cell phone network, he is referring to an 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network types that operates at 2.4 GHz RF space. All that is needed is the client's wireless Ethernet device's MAC (Media Access Control) address (example of a MAC address: 00:0A:AC:65:67:AF). Even though, they wont initially catch him, they will depend on future connection made by the client (laptop/PC/etc) since MAC address will always be the same, all what they will have do to is pin point locations, seeing which of their many access-points/repeaters/etc is receiving connections from the MAC address in question, then if necessary, use a portable access-point configured to connect to the same public wifi network and park your self to the area where you think might be the epi-center where the client with the MAC address your are looking for might be located and hope that their next connection to this public free wifi network be done through the portable wifi access point that the investigator has on their hands (all that is needed to create a portable access point that leap frogs to another wireless network is a Linksys or any compatible router that is compatible with the open source DD-WRT firmware).

After the client makes connection to the investigator's "prepared" router, the investigator can then login to his 'portable' router's DD-WRT gateway page and then go to the wifi client's page to look for the correct MAC address that will be listed there and the signal strength. At this point, all that the investigator needs to do is drive slowly to see if the client's device signal strength diminishes or improves, if it does improve it means that the investigator is getting closer to the physical location of target. By using this "squaring" technique it is possible to finally pin point the exact address where that MAC address is coming from and perform a search warrant to locate exact device with MAC address in question, once found, then do an arrest.

See? very simple for the technologically minded investigator, and if in such police department doesn't have any technologically minded person that knows these things, they all they need to do is hire people like my self to walk them through the whole operation.

Now, it is possible for the CLIENT to be truly anonymous by changing their MAC address. There is a special freeware software that allows you do change your wireless adapter's MAC address to any other value you manually specify, if you do this, then, and THEN there is no way that any one can technically find you, one you change your MAC address, you will be seen by the network as a bran new client just connecting to it. But of course, less than 1% of these "hackers" knows that the MAC address is changeable, let alone are aware of the existence of MAC addresses and its implications for them, they only rely on IP address, they think that by making sure that they dont use their ISP's public IP address that they are anonymous, but they fail to understand the other part, one that is a tad less serious than the IP address, their unique MAC address.
edit on 11/6/22 by CanadaMaster because: (no reason given)

Yup! forced MAC address change.. and your anon.. provided you piggy or use public.

Ubuntu users always give decent tech answers lol

There are plenty of other things you can do to ensure that you are completely invisible on the net... but to share that would give away all of my lovely secrets!!! and i would have to kill you all

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Their attack on PBS was targeted and intentional; not random. It served a purpose beyond lulz.
Just an example. It is possible to have a conscience and be a prankster.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Maybe this kid could be the next Julian Assange, in the future?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Doubt it....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Their attack on PBS was targeted and intentional; not random. It served a purpose beyond lulz.
Just an example. It is possible to have a conscience and be a prankster.

What purpose did it serve beyond lulz ? I am not aware of this PBS attack, and I highly doubt that it did serve any purpose beyond the self-aggrandisement of those who were involved in the attack.

Lulzsec do not have a conscience; they have already displayed this by releasing personal details of many unsuspecting and innocent people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

He could still be traced via hardware identifiers and so on even if he was on a pub server. I'm guessing because he was caught that he's not one of the planners but the media will make him a nice fall guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LOL i seen the headlines this morning Worlds No.1 Hacker LOL

Looks like they have themselves an example to be making unfortunatly for him. I feel kinda sorry for them to be honest, a lot of very smart computer literate kids who want to particapte in any sort of electronic warfare have the brains, but they just lack the common sense and general cunning most criminals should have.

Pre paid credit cards and rural unsecured Wi Fi's are your friend.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

A serious hacker could clone cell phones and use wireless data to do his/her hacking from around town.
You'd have to move around alot not to be triangulated but it's doable.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Hey I mentioned mac change earlier lol on the first page :-)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The dazed 19-year-old - charged yesterday by cops probing the hacking of major corporations and security agencies - got so wasted he could barely speak.
After sinking cans of lager, he sucked in can after can of potentially lethal butane gas - each giving him a gasping "high" lasting a couple of minutes - during a half-hour binge.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

And this is relevant to the matter at hand how?

Oh, because he's now a hacking group leader AND he drinks AND he's a drug user!

Throw away the key I say!

Please 'The Sun' newspaper, please tell me how I should think, I'm so weak I need you to lead.

The most powerful newspaper in the UK; educating the masses since 1964.

edit on 23-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: sp

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

What does that mean? If a person broke a law in another country and is wanted, he can easily be extradited. Regardless of his nationality.

I'm actually glad. I'm not a fan of Anonymous and lulzsec. They're going to ruin the internet for us all. I'm glad someone stopped them and their terrorist attacks against websites.

ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Yes i understand and i agree for the most part but there has always been hackers and always will be. It is unavoidable.

It all depends what people use their talents on..... with great power comes great responsibility

Seriously i will give you an example, when i was in high school i downloaded a program that exploited LAN's and it gave me access to the entire schools network and all the teachers fixed and roaming accounts with associated files etc right upto the princible's account.

I had access to exam answers and all sorts of files but instead of exploiting it or using it to my advantage i only told one person - the network admin. It was a hard decision considering i was sill very young and at that time interested in hackers and computers etc but in the end i did the right thing and i am always happy i did that.

Now i am not a hacker and i wouldn't know the first thing about it but if you take the time to learn how to do it and get upto mishcheif, nothing good will come of it because as good as you are there will always be someone better out there trying to track what you do.

Although there are some fun hacking RPG's out there

Hacker Evolution and Untold are great games!

Hacker Evolution Game

edit on 23-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

I'm actually glad. I'm not a fan of Anonymous and lulzsec. They're going to ruin the internet for us all. I'm glad someone stopped them and their terrorist attacks against websites.

ter·ror·ism/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Do you read 'The Sun'?

You think this kid is actually a main player?

Scape goat. Nothing more. To appease the masses. You seem appeased.

edit on 23-6-2011 by dsm1664 because: rephrased

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

He did not break a law in the USA, he was not standing on US soil. You can only commit something illegal in the USA, if you are actually in the USA. If that is the case then Obama and everyone in NATO is wanted in Libya for committing crimes in Libya.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Do you have anything intelligent to add? You state false opinions as facts.... Is this a flaw of yours, or are you simply a troll?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Do you have anything intelligent to add? You state false opinions as facts.... Is this a flaw of yours, or are you simply a troll?

Where are my facts false? Provide counter evidence that my facts are false. Do not just go make up stuff on the top of your head. Are you a troll?

See you start calling people a troll when you cant handle evidence. Speaking truth is now called being a troll. Are you a terrorist?

Instead of trying to derail the thread stick on topic you troll. The one who derails is the troll like you.
edit on 23-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

To: Owner of the creepiest Avatar picture ever,

Like I stated earlier, and you ignored

Yesterday The Daily Telegraph revealed that the British government had extradited more than twice as many people to America in the past five years – 56 compared with 26 people sent from America to Britain.

He can be extradited.. period!

Thank you,
The anti- troll

edit on 6/23/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Most of us in the UK take anything written in The Sun with a huge pinch of salt ... im sure every country has a grubby tabloid paper like this. However - yes, some take its reporting as fact and this looks like an attempt to make this unfortunate lad to be not only a hacker, but a drinker and drug user too. Guilty or not, I would say his life will go downhill fast from here.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Please detail which law "Obama and everyone else" Broke.... Please explain..

Bow chicka bow wow
edit on 6/23/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

Fine then maybe he should leave britain all together and go to a neutral country that does not support extradition. He can get a good lawyer and state that he was not in the USA while the attack occured and therefore he is not responsible.

The anti-troll

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join