It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol - who really needs it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
*** TERMS AND CONDITIONS REMINDER ***

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

So you will be closing the thread then??????

specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances

Alcohol is a drug....it kills more people per year than any other substance/reason.

Yea its legal, but it does not change the fact billions of people have died horrible deaths because they like to drink this poison.

Poison....yup its a poison.

"A poison is any substance that is capable of causing injury, illness or death to an organism"

But this is allowed to be discussed because our slave masters (government) realize the benefits of drunken morons....and for that reason its legal.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I, personally, don't see a problem with alcohol or any other vices. I don't consider myself weak-minded, either. If I choose to put a substance into my body, that's my choice. No legislation should infringe on that. No one should have a say in the matter. My 2 pennies.....
edit on 22-6-2011 by AmrikazNightmar3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's no secret that there are people who suffer from alcoholism. But there are also people like myself who know how to limit themselves. I drink almost everyday, but most of those days I have only one drink. Get home after a long day at work and enjoy a nice cold beer. But I realize some people can't stop after just 1.

On a side note, I think I might learn to brew beer or make wine in order to have a commodity to trade after TSHTF. I'll be the most popular guy around

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry MOD's for using the illegal herb reference, I didn't know it was that strict of use of the term on here, now I know.

My conclusion though is this. You have prescription drugs you can take to get healthy then the side effects you read and see on TV make you have to take even more drugs to offset the side effects, not to mention most can kill you and get you addicted just like any type of hard illegal drug and even worse.

Then you have cigarettes which is a given to kill you in so many different ways I don't even want to begin an elaboration.

The you have your alcohol, moonshine and all other types that kill more people than anything else.

Then you have the natural herb, studied and studied by scientists and people all over and it is even getting tested more, and it equals to zero deaths. The only thing it hinders is our prison systems and the money taxpayers have to pay to house the large number of people in jail over a small amount of something thats less harmless than a energy drink.

It doesn't add up, something is going on, why are all the things that can kill you the quickest legal and yet the things that are natural from the earth with no health risk illegal?

HMMMM..? We all know something is fishy and there are many explanations, but I tell you this, one day, it may be 15 -30 years from now, people will find these types of threads and they will laugh at how dumb we really are in the US OF A.

Study it for yourself, you will find the herbal way is the way to go. Forget all the movies you see with lazy, stupid losers that walk around with eyes as red as the devils prick, it's not reality, the reality is the public is not informed enough of the truth of the miracle of nature, we talk about this country in the name of God, yet they contradict themsleves by making it illegal making their oath to God a shallow and fake intent.

One day we will wake but the longer we wait the more we suffer as taxpayers and the more we will suffer from deaths from alcohol and others substances. The herbal misinfo has troubled me for years, I have studied this in college with unbiased review cause I wanted to be sure, and it simple is the most harmless herb on earth, but not everyone will believe it cause of what the MSM tells you, if they told you the truth, the drug companies would lose billions.

I didn't use a specific name this time mods so I hope this is a sufficent response.

WAKE UP EVERYONE, ban the killers and legalize something that will actually help people, forget what you see in movies and propaganda to keep you thinking you are doing something that is bad for you.

This world is stupid, is a simple answer. Alcohol tops my lists and the most dangerous substance on Earth thans legal, with smoking tied.

It's just sad, it really is, but we will wake up one day, I have faith in that.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Drinkers... sit down and make two lists, one is all of the good things that have happened to you attributed to drinking and the other all of the bad things that have happened to you attributed to drinking.
I did and my good list had nothing... the bad list was so long I couldn't finish it. I got to the point where drinking just wasn't worth it anymore, I have many other important things I want to accomplish in life.
Believe it or not you don't miss it.
When you're young it seems like a lot of fun but trust me you are no different than the millions who have traveled that road before you. Sooner or later you will pay the price. I only hope for your sake the price isn't too high.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
To further clarify, it's not so much the need to use alcohol (among other things), it's the freedom I have, or should have, to use them.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
When you're young it seems like a lot of fun

Had to comment on this by saying that I may be an exception. I'm 27 years of age and have never enjoyed alcohol. Only ever drank it socially but even then, it was extremely rare I went out and drank. Last time I did was back in 2007 when myself and my now ex-friends went on our fourth and final Alcoholocaust (which was our once a year session of drinking at home together and playing drinking games while listening to heavy metal, going to our now closed fave heavy metal bar until the all night metal club opened then staying there till it closed at 6AM)

Only ever enjoyed myself because of the laughs and the company, always paced myself and the act of drinking the alcohol itself (whether it be beer, whiskey, vodka, absinthe, Jagermeister, saki, you name it) never had anything fun about it. It was just putting a horrible tasting liquid down my throat, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Had to comment on this by saying that I may be an exception. I'm 27 years of age and have never enjoyed alcohol. Only ever drank it socially but even then, it was extremely rare I went out and drank. Last time I did was back in 2007 when myself and my now ex-friends went on our fourth and final Alcoholocaust (which was our once a year session of drinking at home together and playing drinking games while listening to heavy metal, going to our now closed fave heavy metal bar until the all night metal club opened then staying there till it closed at 6AM)

Only ever enjoyed myself because of the laughs and the company, always paced myself and the act of drinking the alcohol itself (whether it be beer, whiskey, vodka, absinthe, Jagermeister, saki, you name it) never had anything fun about it. It was just putting a horrible tasting liquid down my throat, nothing more.

Sorry, but I'm fairly sure if you hated it that much you would of simply stuck to drink OJ...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi
It's no secret that there are people who suffer from alcoholism. But there are also people like myself who know how to limit themselves. I drink almost everyday, but most of those days I have only one drink. Get home after a long day at work and enjoy a nice cold beer. But I realize some people can't stop after just 1.

On a side note, I think I might learn to brew beer or make wine in order to have a commodity to trade after TSHTF. I'll be the most popular guy around

It's not necessarily the fact they can't (although it can be), but maybe they don't want to?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Most people drink to escape reality, You're right when you say they're self medicating.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochRoot

Originally posted by SlapTheGinkels
Come on.. All people with an high IQ had an drinking or drug problem. When I drink I know how far I can take it and know where to end it. Society makes people drink irresponsibly. Beer is great, I encourage all to drink. Broaden your mind, and drink. Just don't be a tool. It's the trash or weak minded individuals that have issues with substance.

Possibly one of the most short sighted & ignorant things I have ever read. You sir, know not of what you speak IMO.
If you've never suffered from an addiction you should hold your tongue...fingers, even

www.step12.com...

I haven't had a drink for over six years & my life is not what I imagined it would be. It's a definite change for the better.
I have a 20 year blur instead of a past, punctuated with some blank spaces that I don't think I even want to remember.
Most people who attempt to stop drinking fail (so a psychiatrist tells me) & I have succeeded (for today, which is all any of us have anyway). Oddly I don't feel like trash or weak minded.

INDEED

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here are the lyrics to a new song I have written called No Victim No Crime. Read your post and thought it fairly apt that I should post it here. Hope you like

So what's the point in this,
Blood, bile and piss,
We paint the town red, green, yellow cuz this,
Mad system exists to keep us from lifting,
Vails of consciousness as our energy's shifting,
Nearly four pound a pint,times five in a night,
To the tax mans delight, It's snakebites and white...
Sambucca's and fights, black eyes and ripped tights,
Will we ever get to heaven when we can't walk right...
(In a) straight line. I take a look around,
At my good friends led face down on the ground,
Usually sound, but now mostly lairy,
Hairy fists fly cuz Steve danced with Mary,
So what's the point in this blood, bile and piss?
Oh yeah they wont make money if they pushed cannabis,
But we'd live in bliss?,
No they don't want that,
They want more golden nuggets to feed the fat cats,

Not expanded minds,
Locked doors with stop signs
Our Entry denied to lands more civilized,
No victim no crime,
We shout side by side,
No Victim no crime
No victim no crime.

So whats the point in this blood bile and piss?,
Drink till we stink and think on the brink of madness,
Then sadness, the morning after,
You can write a whole day off cuz of lager lager lager,
Shouting, mega mega white lines, everything'll be fine,
But the ciders in the sumer time turn into a lifeline,
A partime superhero, when the weekend comes your livers like Deniro..."Untouchable",
... once again, but you wake up in the morning like a sweaty Clark Kent,
Hell bent on destruction the night before,
Now your huddled under covers with a bucket on the floor.

(c) A. Lewis 2011

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

ExCommando I don't agree with your opinion that alcohol is most peoples constant companion. And I think your observation is based upon reflection about those you know, your circle, your life.

In my younger day drinking was a constant, same went for the bulk of the guys & girls I hung out with. Later in life here I am sober. Those in my circle are different people than in more youthful days. Most people I socialize with now have not touched alcohol in years.

My heart goes out to anyone under the thumb of alcohol. I lived that way a long time and the price one pays is far too high. I took major changes in my life to beat the bottle. Now I'm finally working on ending a long-term Coca-Cola abuse that has been the substitute. Tastes good but no so good for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have stopped drinking for 3 months , I would drink wine and beer every night for relaxing and a pat on the back type thing for getting through the day. Now I feel awake and aware, not foggy and struggling to get up and now I am meditating and my diet has improved . I have stopped eating meat and watching the # telly inalso would flop down an zone out to .I am eating less .energy levels seem higher than ever. I'm not going back to that ,I want to be aware. Less is more
Keep it real

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Everyone will always have a crux in life, something not good for them. Alcohol is a large one for many people, if it's not yours then brilliant, still doesn't change the fact alcohol is a major companion for the majority of people in comparison to Coca Cola or Apples.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i'm in my 30's and I love alcohol and I have never had a problem controlling my drink. I don't drink to get drunk, I don't drink at wild parties. I enjoy wine, craft beer (and craft beers only no Bud, Miller or other watered down crap), single malt scotch, and martinis.

Alcohol does have health benefits - all of which can be discovered with a google search.

I am more worried about these crazy people in the world who for some unknown reason believe they were put here on earth to control everyone else on the planet. They want to control what we drink, what we eat, what we see, who we sleep with, and what we do. Those people scare me. Stay out of my life.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I can't believe no one has mentioned Ryan Dunn.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Most people I know drink. Alcohol is a most effective pain reliever, stress reliever, break from the insanity of real life. And it's legal, you know? That says alot right there. Granted, while you're drinking your problems are still there, will still be there when for you when you wake up sober, but in the meantime I think it's a break from reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm not a drinker..I have seen what alcohol can do to people it can wreck there lives and family and drugs can do the same thing also..If alcohol was wiped off the face of the earth i wouldn't miss it ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join