It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol - who really needs it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
If alcohol had just been discovered it would certainly be an illegal drug. The damage it does not just to the individual but to society as a whole is massive. No other drug causes the problems in society as alcohol. well not in the UK. A bottle of cheap cider is the biggest gateway drug in the UK.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Don't blame alcohol for your retarded behavior. Don't blame anything on your own stupidity.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SlapTheGinkels

It all depends on the person, there's always the idiots that drink at parties and become angry drunks, or just plain stupid drunks, you know the ones who shouldn't touch the stuff in the first place.

Anyways S+F for being a good OP with a decent topic.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't drink at all, because my parents drank when I was young. I always hated drunk people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
If you ask me, its the Opiate of the masses...

Keeps you dumb and uninterested...

Might as well drink all the fluoride you can, and take every single vaccine also...

Drink up on your Victory Gin(1984 reference for those who dont know what I mean)

I beg the differ...

thats all I got though, to buzzed to think of counter arguement

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I agree with you... It just seems we are expected to act a certain way "drunk" Which I do not understand. I'm very observant drinking more so than sober. I'm in my mid 30's and when "drunk" I know right and wrong and know what I should and should not do and I abide by my own rules and the laws.. Alcohol has no control over me. I give my keys to friends or take a taxi home and wake up feeling like I woke up not drinking at all and start my day anew.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm Scottish and in my family we all drink/ My father is an "alcoholic" who was abusive. But after my start of drinking I knew not to be like him drinking. He has issues , it's not the alcohol but his own insecurities and issues he had with his upbringing. I drink to have a #ty night a bit more fun.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I need alcohol , it's part of my life
Drink glass or two white wine when i'm eating fish or rice
Drink beer with grill and in night clubs
Drink red wine on dinners with women
Drink Jonhy and votka for weekends

i'm drinking 17 years and i'm feeling fine ....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I have not drunk alcohol for many many years,I`ve lost my friends that I grew up with due them becoming cronic alcoholics,nowadays my Missus and myself have friends that have lost family due to alcohol and drugs,Years ago I had to attend many car accidents a lot of those were caused by being under the influencence and had to clean up the mess/remains of either themselves or those that had been their innocent victims.

People that know me that come over and drink and expect to drive home know they are in for a fight.So its either stay here the night or someone else drives.

When I was young I used to drink to an excess when I did.It didn`t take very long to see the damage it was doing and stopped abruptly much to the ridicule of my mates.I would then only have one or two beers a year if it was a stinking hot day after a hard days work,but I dont even do that anymore.

The benifets were great,no more waking up with a hangover,with a heck of a lot more money in my wallet and remembering everything that happened last night etc.

Losing my friends that I grew up with was tough though.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I hate beer. That sour/bitter after taste makes me gag. Wine is bleh unless it's really sweet, so I just do without. Hard liquor (alone) is pretty bad, but I do likes me a margarita once every couple of weeks or so. I average about 15 drinks a year, though I've found a pretty darn good margarita in a bottle I like. I buy a 6 pack every 6 weeks or so. Margarita.

I never understood the draw of getting drunk and acting like an idiot in public. Drunks aren't any funnier than when they're sober (well...unless they're on the ground bleeding profusely after acting a fool...I just can't get enough of that), they're usually belligerent (though drunkenness makes them easier to punch), and they can't seem to form complete sentences. I've been drunk once in my life, and I hated it. I didn't have control over myself, and then I threw up in public (on my date) which was beyond embarrassing.

Alcohol and drugs control you. It doesn't matter who you are or what you think about it: once you get "that feeling" you are no longer in control. You just think you are. You can deny it until you turn blue, but denying it don't make it so. You aren't in control when under the influence. Ever.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Iam not going to lie and say I don't drink, but I have cut the volume down significantly, I normally now only drink whilst on ATS
, but here is a good tip perhaps for anyone reading this... and who really want to cut down on intake.

Every time you want a drink have a coffee (only at first)
Then just drink pure bottled water ( cold) drink only water for the next days, weeks months , let water become your new positive habit.

You can revitalise yourself , give yourself natural energy , clean out your entire body, rejuvinate your kidneys and Liver therefore your blood ect by simply embracing water in large volumes.
WATER, is the antidote to alcohol habit, just get hooked on WATER.
It fills your stomach neutralises the craving, your head becomes clear.
It hydrates the human body.
WATER .

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I always thought the problem was more one of the mass production of alcohol.

Things are very different when you can just go to the market and drop pocket change on gallons of poison.

Home brewing with intention takes care, patience, planning and creates something with an intrinsic value you wont be so quick to waste.

I maybe have 6 drinks a year but I brew constantly. Working with different grains and sugars and hops and flavors. I've cellard and gifted some really amazing beer over the years that mean a lot to me. Beer which I would never dream of guzzling the way I see people do with their mass market hobo piss.

We don't really appreciate anything these days when there's a WalMart on every block and you don't have to create any of the things you want.

Next time somebody with abuse issues wants to gorge on a whole cake or drink a gallon of beer I suggest that person start from the very beginning and create the thing he wants to abuse. Create it from scratch and see if you still want to abuse it when it's all done.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I need it!!! GIVE IT TO ME!!

Where are you hiding it??!! Don't make me drink this alchohol gel!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I've never been a big drinker (social / special occasions etc) ... but a good 8yrs ago I decided I didn't really like the taste of alcohol ... and why on earth should I feel obliged to drink it just to be sociable (I can have just as much fun without drink if I'm in the right company). So I haven't touched a drop in all that time and have never missed it once !

I find myself very intolerant of drinkers because I hate the way it changes people ... normal intelligent people can become total sluts ... simple-minded morons ... violent t@$$ers ... why would anyone want to do that to themselves.

[snip]

Makes no sense to me.

edit on 22-6-2011 by elevatedone because: removed personal use reference of an illegal substance which discussion of isn't allowed at ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

How dangerous is alcohol compared to other illegal drugs? Take a look: M vs A

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic

Originally posted by Buford2
I personally believe alcohol is the worst drug available or equal to Prescription drugs.

You're talking legal drugs, right? Because alcohol is nowhere near as bad as meth or heroine or drugs of that ilk.

Both for your mind and body alcohol is much more dangerous than heroin and coc aine.

But meth is another story...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
“Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems.”
Homer Simpson

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlapTheGinkels
It's the trash or weak minded individuals that have issues with substance.

Ugh...

almost spilled my wine reading that. What a ridiculous thing to say.

But you heard him you weak minded trash drinkers - in the absolute misery and despair of your addiction, know that you're just weak. WEAK. Or just not good enough.

Yup..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Exactly. Well said, and good flyer.

I notice part of that flyer includes synthetics.

In and of themselves, have never shown any dangers in typical use - not counting someone who ABuses them.

But can be made illegal in an instant, and anyone caught with it, a criminal by sheer malum prohibitum.

However, saying alcohol should take the status of illegal because of it's harm, is not ever going to work. It has been proven a failure in the past, to outlaw it.

Indeed I will be purchasing an EZstill in the next few weeks, simply because at every turn politicians here are creating a nanny state that treats adults like children - sure, many ACT like children, but I refuse to be convicted by association of being irresponsible.

short of including some of my posts on ATS as valid evidence for it's immediate restriction due to my uncanny ability to find my keyboard late at night... Oo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join