It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. unveils grim new warning images for cigarette packs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

This is one Conspiracy that needs to be studied and debated. Why are the Elite now worried about tobacco when they enjoy the lower population. This makes no sense. They poison our food, water, man made poisons, alcohol on every corner but the tobacco must go.

The answer could be that the elite just don’t exist and you perceive them to exist. That is to say that there does not exist a coordinated group of elite individuals who are working in collaboration to establish a totalitarian new world order with them as its leaders. What your post has done is highlight just one of the many contradictions in the NWO theories on the one hand the want to lower the population yet as the same time overall in the past 50 years life expectancy has increased. Surly if they were actively attempting to reduce the population one would logically expect life expectancy to fall or at the very least be at the same levels of say 1950.

If their goal was to reduce the population and they were as powerful as the NWO theorists would have us believe then surly they would have stopped or sabotaged all pharmacological research of the past 50 years. We know this has not been the case as life expectancy has increased and with it the overall population of the earth has increased. Faced with a increasing life expectancy and a every increasing population the only logical conclusion must be that the NWO is not poisoning the food and water supplies or killing us with medication form the doctor. Therefore one could also conclude that the idea that the NWO have a ambition to reduce the population is also a fallacy.

NWO theories are full of paradoxes such as this and that they control the media to keep their existence secret yet at the same time publicly broadcast it being another example. When the sum of these paradox’s in the theories is taken into account alone with other criticism of the theories it becomes clear that the NWO cannot exist as evil omnipotent entity the conspiracy theorist would envision but rather they are seeing things that are part of the normal functioning of our current society as being evidence of something else.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i am so damn sick and tired of hearing these whiny anti-smoking groups and politicians cry because "we can't do enough to get people to stop smoking" because they lost somebody to tobacco (i've lost 3 family members to lung cancer). it's their god given freedom to choose regardless if it hurts them. EVERYBODY knows smoking is bad for you.

you only have one life, so if you enjoy something that isn't hurting anybody but you, why not enjoy it. especially in an age where there are so many earth changes happening. i'm sure the smokers of japan were not worried about dying of lung cancer when they were suddenly being swallowed up by a tsunami.

why don't we just put pictures of arthritis hands on video game covers, or pictures of "red asphalt" on beer bottles while we are at it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
When I see someone light up a cig on the TV, or in a movie...I immediately want a cig...

When I see an anti-smoking ad...I immediately want a cig...

If someone says the word 'cigarette'...I immediately want a cig...

Big Tobacco knows this: anti-smoking activity reinforces the hard-core smoker's resolve.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RoswellCityLimits

ROFL and just for the icing on the cake - The graphic warning photo's are FAKE

www.washingtontimes.com...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Smoking is very, very bad for you. I'm all for this. DENY IGNORANCE.

You will feel better after you stop smoking for a while.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by Jepic

Totally disgusting and outrageous, yet its accurate, the truth hurts lol, stop smoking ciggies then ?

No thank you. Like another poster said I think I'm gonna buy my own personal fancy cigarettes case. I wonder if they sell classic heavy metal ones?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Considering 2 of the 3 images I've seen for this news story are blatantly photoshopped, I'm not sure what effect - If any - it will have.

In Europe the pictures on the packets are genuine. I'm not sure why the US thought half-arsed photoshopped images would dissuade people - As if they couldn't find real pictures!

I cannot begin to understand the stupidity of these people. Why the f./ would they doctor some images rather than using real ones?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You missed the UK out of that list, the second carton of cigs I've yet to smoke feature a full colour shot of a smokers mouth complete with missing/decaying teeth and rotten gums.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Yeah - but how many smokers do you know and how many of them have a mouth like that??? I know that I have never seen it in my whole life!

Where do they get these people? Haven't they ever heard of brushing your teeth.

TIRED OF CONTROL FREAKS
Deat

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Totally agree really, I've seen tramps with teeth like that, but my old grandma used to smoke 40 a day for almost her whole adult life and she had a lot better gnashers than the fella on the back of my cig packet

edit on 22/6/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is absolutely false. Smokers don't get that mouth. As long as you have a dental check every 6 months or year, brush your teeth after every meal, on every day your mouth will be sparkling clean and your teeth will be sparkling white. I smoke and my mouth couldn't be any cleaner.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Considering 2 of the 3 images I've seen for this news story are blatantly photoshopped, I'm not sure what effect - If any - it will have.

In Europe the pictures on the packets are genuine. I'm not sure why the US thought half-arsed photoshopped images would dissuade people - As if they couldn't find real pictures!

I cannot begin to understand the stupidity of these people. Why the f./ would they doctor some images rather than using real ones?

That's exactly what I'm trying to understand too. Those pictures are a FAIL.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've been buying packs with images of that sort for a month now and, to be honest, I find it silly, laughable.
I'm not a 6-year-old that has to be educated through images. I can read.

I'm free to smoke as I'm free to built a pair of wings and try them jumping from my roof-top... Are you gonna put pictures of people smashed against the floors in every hardware store entrance? Or sliced hands in every mixer?

If you wanna do it do it well then put pictures of several cancer deceased people in almost every processed food you're selling us I suggest.

This is not about smokers, this is about
FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING FREE.

Educate the children and warn them about smoking, but leave the adults alone. We're paying taxes enough, leave us ALONE!

edit on 22-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Maybe those stylish old cigarette cases (like they always had in the old movies) will come back into fashion! So, when you buy a pack, you just shuck off the offensive cardboard box and put 'em into something nice instead.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They've been doing something like this for a while in certain areas but only with some cigarette brands. They've showed pictures of black lungs.
edit on 22-6-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I've never been a smoker, I never will be a smoker. I don't like breathing in second hand smoke. But...I'll deal with it MYSELF, thank you very much. I do not need, nor do I want, my government involved in my nor any other adults life.
US Politicians...wake up, you have driven this Country into position in which we can't afford ANYTHING. We borrow to pay the interest on our debt. We can't AFFORD to force Cigarette manufacturers to do anything. You want to be proactive? Drastically cut spending, eliminate your health insurance, pensions and then fire yourselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I roll my own with filters and all. I buy Gambler tobacco.It is really easy you just need a rolling machine i use buglers rolling machine/It costs about 2 dollars a pack to roll your own and they have filters and are not fire safe.I started because they put vinyl in the store bought cigs now extremely bad for you.It is very hard to quit for me but i have cut down hoping to someday quit as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2

This is one Conspiracy that needs to be studied and debated. Why are the Elite now worried about tobacco when they enjoy the lower population. This makes no sense. They poison our food, water, man made poisons, alcohol on every corner but the tobacco must go.

I didn't read through, but in case this has not been answered, it is because it reduces the effect of the fluoride compounds They use in Our water.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

More fear control. Tobacco itself has NEVER been proven to cause cancer, and, in fact, seems to assist in keeping One safe from radioactivity.

Oh, I'm sure the RADIOACTIVITY isn't a concern... Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator
...do these gruesome pictures and negative messages really contribute to a reduction in smoking; Or are they merely an inconvenience that current smokers must overcome?

It's a magicians trick. You see, the mind does actually control the body.

It's a way to make people manifest their own diseases. Big money in sick people.

BTW, watch out for the occult symbols they'll slip in there too...

You got a star from Me! Indeed. Indeed. Indeed.

Really, just quoted for truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join