It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxing Controlled Substances In Kansas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Kansas Department of Revenue is taxing controlled substances.

The fact that dealing marijuana and controlled substances is illegal does not exempt it from taxation. Therefore drug dealers are required by law to purchase drug tax stamps.

Go here for proof: www.ksrevenue.org... - I've been informed that they are one of several states following this program.

Your thoughts? Be sure to read up on this at the link provided....I find it absurd and a hypociritcal way for making money.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes Ks does require tax stamps for marijuana..it's a catch 22..if you don't buy the tax stamp..you get nailed on tax evasion..if you buy it..you get nailed for growing pot...revenue either way...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the federal gov't taxes all income. Technically, you are supposed to report that income. Sadly, there are a few morons a year that put prostitute or drug dealer or pimp on their tax returns and then the return gets flagged and sent to the proper authorities.
All they have to do is put salesman, customer relations, entertainment services etc. on the return and then they are fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This really disturbs me:

A dealer is not required to give his/her name or address when purchasing stamps and the Department is prohibited from sharing any information relating to the purchase of drug tax stamps with law enforcement or anyone else.

My question is "why?"

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As a proponant of legalizing all substances for of-age adults, i'm not so sure it's a bad thing. The first step in legalization may be taxing it. Once it takes root in government revenue, stamping it out becomes more difficult. The government is not our parent or even big brother. The government is every individual's equal from a legal and intelligence standpoint. They should inform people of the risks involved based on clinical studies and then let people make there own choices. Then tax it and regulate it to make it safer.

my 0.02

new topics

top topics

join