It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cutting medicaid and Medicare for the poor and giving it to the middle class? WTF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Someone please tell me this isn't true!

news.yahoo.com...

And just what are the poor and retired supposed to do???? Die faster?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Well, they had to pass the bill, so we could see what's in the bill.

-Nancy Pelosi

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What a surprise.

/sarcasm

What did you expect from the government? Real help for people who needed it? Ha!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
you need a strong middle class to evolutionize the lower and upper class to thrive...
Though it is yes, quite messed up and it really gets me
sometimes

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Maybe this will jump start some good old class warfare. You know, the one that got Obama into office in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So this is Obama endorsing Social Darwinism in it's Ugly Face Perhaps? (The Strong Survive while Weak Suffer)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Time to vote every elected COWARD out of office! When are those Whores going to decided enough is enough? He keeps dishing it out and they keep bending over and letting him do it!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What youll see is even more Drs drop medicaid patients. Pay is slow and etc to the office/hospital.Seems as if someone feels that 64K a year will be poverty level in a short while.. and NOT middle class.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm so sick of the welfare and medical policies, i know there is some people who really need the help but i can't stand when I'm in line at the grocery store and i see a women all dressed in expensive clothes her hair colored nails done holding her $400 dollar coach bag while buying her groceries with food stamps with her man on the side of bagging the groceries.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I couldn't find anywhere in the article that said they were cutting from the poor, only that more people qualified than they wanted.

Up to 3 million more people could qualify for Medicaid in 2014 as a result of the anomaly. That's because, in a major change from today, most of their Social Security benefits would no longer be counted as income for determining eligibility. It might be compared to allowing middle-class people to qualify for food stamps.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"After initially downplaying any concern, the Obama administration said late Tuesday it would look for a fix."

seems to be a loop hole that sorta got through because nobody seems to read this silly things when they pass it through . I could just imagine these punks in there offices when there signing papers...

do you think they roll there eyes yell lalalalalala and sign as fast as they can and time it lol

im still surprised in 2011 such "smart" men in political office let such things slip through...

or do they !

well have to wait to see what mr obama does with it. fast response i'll give him a pass .....

slow response then we got a problem mr president

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
this is what you get when you dont read the bills.

this you know about but consider the thousands of pages of the care act who knows what else is in it.

what this means is the rich and the middle class will be paying for it and more than they think they are going to.

i have yet seen any government program help people all they do is hurt them.

end the governments reign of terror for crying outloud.

just say no to government knowing best and you dont know jack.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This is fine, everything is exactly how its suppose to be.
We're unemployed or under employed,
We're homeless or losing our home,
We're hungry or being told we need permission to garden,
We're a war nation attacking at will anywhere but on the look out for terrorists,
We're breathing radiation or swimming in corexit,
We're sick and dying and forced into buying gmo food stuff and healthcare,
But we're broke,
Just seems like a really strong set up for a really hard fall has been taking place over the last 12 years.

(but there's tv and beer and movies and walmart, happy 4th of july)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think you're failing to realize that the middle class is the poor. There is no big degree of separation between the two.

Is this good for any of us...No! Those of us in the middle class will not be effected much, if at all, by this.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The "mistake" as article states, if not corrected more people who would normally not qualify will be given the benefits. The middle class is all but poor now and if not at the moment may be in the near future(middle class jobs are projected to be the next big job losses), 'cept if you're making 40 thousand plus a year and given Medicare while someone who lives below poverty because of disability, has all benefits cut, there's something wrong. In turn, I guess the poor will have to buy Obama care or be fined and go to jail, all in the plan?
edit on 21-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What middle class?

You think Obama is trying to keep the class that pays all the bills healthy? Why would he do that? Yeah, let's give it to those who don't want to work and don't want to pay for it...next, let's take care of the illegal immigrants. We can't neglect inmates! We can than tell the middle class to work harder if they want their own.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't know if this mean's much, but it is a interesting scenario.

All of this happening after Fukushima Disaster. Perhaps they do know more than they are letting on. With the projected fallout happening, they are pulling the plug on heath care aid.

Probably not the case, But still an interesting thought

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
this is not good. Our country is down in the toilet

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What's the problem anyways? People die, when the government
Stops trying to help people it will help people.then people will live longer
Too.the problem is healthcare us not profitable enough. People die
I need a beer and some crack dumplings

new topics

top topics