It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an old mobile phone? Use it for one last wake up call...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Like I said, I'm down for it. I'm down for whatever it is to help the people, especially on being passionate on completing things, just for the sake of moving on to the next project (whatever/whenever that'll be). Never heard of U2U, but sound like PMing to me. Yeah, that sounds good to include a 4th level. It's good to do a demo thread, to ask for fellow ATS members' feedback, include our original opinions and final opinions. All will be stripped to accommodate a new reader, so that they can make their own opinion. We still have to find a way to strive them to wake up. It can't be fully unbiased since we're favoring "waking up" people. I can't join the chats btw since I don't have 200 posts..They should reduce that amount -_-

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Not a bad idea

I've been mulling this over for a few months now - how to spread the word. An idea I had was to build a community website, and starting with a few like-minded members create a profile each. Those members then go visit mainstream forums and popular news sites where you can leave comments and get the word out, leaving a link to the main site. The hope then is that you at least make people curious enough to follow the link, where they would come to the homepage filled with relevant articles. Hopefully they would be engaged enough to then join and help spread the word.

With a bit of luck member numbers would snowball, and each one can post where they've visited to their profile page and the reactions they've got, and name any sites who are censoring the truth.

I actually did a little experiment with this on a mainstream site with a relatively small community. I gatecrashed a thread on Bin Laden's death, where they were all celebrating, and put forward the facts using links and videos that he'd been dead for years. To begin I was called an oddball and fantasist, but then timidly others voiced that they had the same suspicions. Others then admitted they were even dubious about 9/11. It was interesting to say the least. I'm sure if I hadn't come along these people would never have had a clue without the links and videos I posted.

We hear too much of this calling people "Sheeple", but most the time they just need a little help to remove the wool from their eyes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

edit on 6/22/2011 by MiloNickels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

That's pretty cool outside thinking there. But I donate all my old phones (about every two years) to a battered womens shelter.

That's funny. I donate all my ex-girlfriends to the same place!!! LOLOLOLOL

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

That would be spamming a website, yet posting a Google Reader feed link might not be. Something this thread that SmoKeyHaZe, others, and I would be working on.
edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Spelling and grammar

edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Fixed SmoKeyHaZe's username

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJShinobi
reply to post by Ginga

That would be spamming a website, yet posting a Google Reader feed link might not be. Something this thread that SmoKeyHaZe, others, and I would be working on.
edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Spelling and grammar

edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Fixed SmoKeyHaZe's username

Not on forums which allow sig links, or sites which allow comments and website url (which there are plenty). Its not just dropping by and adding a link, actually debating and getting points across.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Ah, yes. The freedom of prophesizing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Great and innovative idea. Some kid will probably find it though, realize it has no games on it and smash it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Except that phones have serial numbers and there's a record of you having bought that phone with that serial number. Ya know, if the government wanted to hunt you down.

...and don't think for a minute that those records don't exist somewhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You are awesome, BobbyShaftoe. Thanks for the great idea. I actually have access to multiple phones that can be put to use in this manner.

Nice brain, Dude.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
good idea , but its way easier to just print QR codes on stickers with links to the sites and then people with the new smart phones can just scan them and link to a site !

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

awesome idea...

thanks for being you!

i love you all!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i spread the message in everyway i can.
get creative folks. i leave a trail behind me of liberty, but i leave no PAPERTRAIL.
get it?

i have lots of ideas on how to spread some cool news, but unless im talking to someone face to face, i never tell. i do not even discuss such adventures on the phone!

last week facebook deleted all my friends, and every one of my posts, because i posted a ron paul video, or a story about how skinheds are fake. i mispell on purpose, not just on here, but in every email, and on every post. BUT if its a link, the article headline spells everything perfect!

but the fact some 'filter' was 'alerted' to what i was posting?

its brave to admit how you are getting the story out. and trust me, i work hard to spread the news. but i do not discuss it anywhere, except to the closest of friends.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I had a smiliar idea, but with music.

www.reverbnation.com...
edit on 23-6-2011 by iversusvsversusi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe
4) Charge it and leave it in a public place.

lol. this doesn't sound like a clever idea.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
good idea , but its way easier to just print QR codes on stickers with links to the sites and then people with the new smart phones can just scan them and link to a site !

yeah, writing ats(dot)com on a sticker or infowars(dot)com is too complex for
the average citizen...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
good anfd fun idea
i would also reccomend writing ats.com evrywhere where u can get away with it and others can see it

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Except that phones have serial numbers and there's a record of you having bought that phone with that serial number. Ya know, if the government wanted to hunt you down.

...and don't think for a minute that those records don't exist somewhere.

I would have no problem with that ...
I have no fear of these people you speak of ...
And so what would happen if they traced such a phone back to me ...
Yes i can see them using all these resources to shut me up .. cos i left a phone with some info on it .. a millionth of a percent of what is already freely available on ats for anyone with a pc ..

Why would you want me to be fearful of these 'government' people you speak of ...
Hunt me down ... youre living in a paranoia trip mate .. no offence ... but no one is gonna 'hunt me down' for discardin a phone wi a few bits n bobs from websites on it ...

If the phone had incriminating evidence of an activity, which otehrwise had no visibility in the public domain ... then yes .. i can see them wanting to hush that source, before it does become freely available in the public domain

But to 'hunt down' .. people discardin phones with info which is already freely available .. would only serve to suggest that the info they are trying to protect is in fact true .... in that case .. the best they could do is just leaves things as they are and deny it ...

Sorry ... but i dont see them doin that ... for a fone with some already freely available info on it anyway

apologies if i completely misread what you were saying ...
edit on 23-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Of course any idea to expose people to the truth in the hope it opens their eyes (without using force), has got to be worth it .. if even it only changes one persons life .. and who knows who they would go on to 'wake up' .. like a ripple effect ...

No disrespect ... I just don't see how the phone idea would be very effective ..
But i do see how much attention this thread has got .. and the positive feedback ... so perhaps i am missing something ..

At the rate we leaves these phones around to be found ... If for every 10 people that found one, it opened one persons eyes (and thats being optimistic ) ... then .. at that rate .. we should have woke the population up in about a zillion years ...

I love the idea ... but feel, this can be expanded on .. to be faaaar more effective ...
the guy with the stickers .. brilliant idea ... very cheap .. quick .. and one sticker can potentially open more than one persons eyes ...

the phone thing would be a bit costly ... And if any of the people that find it, are like some of the folk here on ATS (including myself) ... then they likely wouldnt trust a phone that they found .. that tells them they were meant to find it .. and just keep it .. and i'll tell you the truth .. lol ...

I'd be struggling to trust a phone like that ... there just wouldnt be enough tinfoil to wrap it in

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Already said that. Read the thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join