It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an old mobile phone? Use it for one last wake up call...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe
reply to post by miniatus

What? that old phone of mine?.......i think i lost that years ago, i may have even given it to charity now i come to think of it.... and you say it was found on a train? well fancy that officer... etc..

Then they check with your ISP, find you use ATS .. identify this thread and ... your story is bunk =)

Not worth it.. there's easier ways to leave masses of data while being anonymous.. thumb drive is great.. heck even a double sided DVD filled with information and a cryptic looking case would be great.. you can get a lot of information on dual layer dvds and most people can open those easily =)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

yh your idea is much better, cd/dvd full of info is a much better distribution model.
anyone who finds an old mobile phone is probably gonna cash it in/trade up.
you only have to look at war propaganda messages to glean some ingenious ways of distributing a message...

edit on 22-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I did something similar, but I used usb flash drive, CD's, memory card or paper.

What I would add to the data storage: 2012 - A Message of Hope, 2012 - The Revolution Has Begun (I would remove the 2012 in the data name, 2012 is for some people maybe off-putting). And maybe also: Awakening As One - Part 1 - The Call, Awakening, ANONYMOUS: "THE PLAN" IS NOW LIVE. PHASE 1: INITIATED...", The Corporation. I would also add two or three videos of LeijaTurunens youtube channel or a link to her channel.

I think following videos are pretty good videos of her channel:
• Messages from my heartspace
• You are so beautiful - Let yourself shine
• Reconnect With Yourself, Nature, Oneness
• Embrace The Inner - Outer Goddess
• Embrace The Divine Unfoldment of Your Beautiful Life
• Be true to yourself follow your heart
edit on 22-6-2011 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I love this idea and all of the variations people suggested, from paper to thumb drives. The key is helping make the red pill available for those who would choose it over the blue pill.

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe
i think the "the story of your enslavement" vid should be there.
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for that link - that's a really well done video showing how TPTB control people.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenrin
I did something similar, but I used usb flash drive, CD's, memory card or paper.

What I would add to the data storage: 2012 - A Message of Hope, 2012 - The Revolution Has Begun (I would remove the 2012 in the data name, 2012 is for some people maybe off-putting). And maybe also: Awakening As One - Part 1 - The Call, Awakening, ANONYMOUS: "THE PLAN" IS NOW LIVE. PHASE 1: INITIATED...", The Corporation. I would also add two or three videos of LeijaTurunens youtube channel or a link to her channel.

I think following videos are pretty good videos of her channel:
• Messages from my heartspace
• You are so beautiful - Let yourself shine
• Reconnect With Yourself, Nature, Oneness
• Embrace The Inner - Outer Goddess
• Embrace The Divine Unfoldment of Your Beautiful Life
• Be true to yourself follow your heart
edit on 22-6-2011 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

its such a shame i can only give you one star

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I actually like the OP’s idea. It reminded me that I recently received a dollar bill back as change from a purchase, and stamped on it was infowars.com. Now, granted infowars.com isn’t my website of choice, but I thought that it was a clever way to get people to at least look at the alternative information that is out there. Even if 1 out of 100 investigated what it was about, then it might be worth it. We need some type of campaign that drives people to wake up, open their eyes, and see that what they are being told just might not be the truth. We need some ideas that we can all do that help to collectively raise the awareness of the general public. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
I actually like the OP’s idea. It reminded me that I recently received a dollar bill back as change from a purchase, and stamped on it was infowars.com. Now, granted infowars.com isn’t my website of choice, but I thought that it was a clever way to get people to at least look at the alternative information that is out there. Even if 1 out of 100 investigated what it was about, then it might be worth it. We need some type of campaign that drives people to wake up, open their eyes, and see that what they are being told just might not be the truth. We need some ideas that we can all do that help to collectively raise the awareness of the general public. Thoughts?

Yes indeed.. a campaign of Awareness.... Mass Wake up where people who don't usually look at alternative news sites or watch programs. Something that hits the average Joe.

Maybe it's a combination of print, stickers, UBS drives, Cell phones, maybe even old laptops, CD drops, all with the same theme that's noticable... Our own version of truth seekers for the people...

Let the Campaign begin people... Let's Roll.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I thought Mark Dice's idea to post metallic QR codes was a great idea. Most smart phones have a scanner that will link them to the code and then to your website full of truth.

YouTube Link

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GiantKiller

I was, just going to suggest something similar to this. Also was going to do a thread, but I need 20 more posts..

Anyways, what I am suggesting, is doing a campaign. It can't be all different QR codes, it'll have to be an ATS thread with activist minded summaries of certain topics, with links if they wan't more info. Like: [Agenda 21], that is a bit too much, not too abstract. But I wanted to do a thread, where it'll be the QR code's link. You can take a trip on a bus, and post them in places. Got the idea from Lupe Fiasco's Words I Never Said:

FAI take a time to read this: QR Code Rules on ATS
edit on 22-6-2011 by JJShinobi because: Spelling and grammar, fixed YouTube video link, added QR Code Rules link

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This will create a new terrorist threat, Only idiots will pick and keep those phones. They can be tracked via GPS.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread but I can foresee some problems if the local/state/federal establishment wanted to push it. First it is considered E-Waste (Citation maybe), next it contains hazardous materials (Hazmat clean up maybe), next unless you scrub all the labels and firmware the EIN/Serial Number may lead it back to you and the topper posting anti-government information would probably get you on a terrorist watch list and the no fly list and/or a late night visit by the storm troopers.

Other than that it sounds like a good idea.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

Cyphers... that's brilliant, im going to borrow that one if you don't mind!

I reckon you could just focus mainly on 9/11, that's always a good wake up call, did it for me anyway

good idea op, love it

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I like it OP.

To me a 'combination of media' direction looks like a viable way to go. It also allows people to get involved on whatever level they can.

You've created a monster

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The OP has a great idea.
I used to do something like that in high school.
I would leave disketts lying around that said stuff like "girls bath room", "teachers meeting", "student #438573-B" but they were really full of 9/11 info.

The same thing can be done today with CDs or DVDs.
A good way to do it outside of school (where people are generally afraid to put discs in their computer because their parents wont buy them a new one) is to print out fake anti-virus software labels on the discs.
You can even go as far as using REALbasic to code out a simple installation splash screen that tells them important facts while they are pressing the "next" button to install the software that will be nothing but a video.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I love this idea and all of the variations people suggested, from paper to thumb drives. The key is helping make the red pill available for those who would choose it over the blue pill.

I'm liking that idea - we spread a message with a simple graphic - subtle enough for people to question and drives every human's basic instinct - curiousity to discover it's meaning.
Post it on blogs, in articles, everywhere - no description, let the curiousity of the image feed the imaginations of the people that with enough links in google will start to open people's eyes.
A graphic something like this .... image.spreadshirt.net... -3c-polo-shirts_design.png
edit on 22-6-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is a very good idea. I was actually thinking of putting some videos on DVD's and writing something eye catching on the front and just handing them out to random people.

ON the flip side: IMHO, there are actually some people out there that do not need to wake up. We are alot safer with them staying in their little bubbles. Some people just can't handle the truth and it may drive them more batty than they already are.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

This is an Awesome idea! I have 2 old phone and I am gonna do it. You gotta start somewhere. I try to tell everyone I know about these sites but its pretty sad they would rather spend hours playing video games or on Facebook. Star and flag

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This reminds me of a video that I came across recently based on "the dead letter box" concept.
A dead letter box being a drop box of sorts used by spies, or private message exchange between individuals who know where it is - or to be found by the right people.

Folks in New York city filmed this mini docu of Dead drops, using USB storage devices placed around the city.

vimeo.com...

www.deaddrops.com...

‘Dead Drops’ is an anonymous, offline, peer to peer file-sharing network in public space. USB flash drives are embedded into walls, buildings and curbs accessable to anybody in public space. Everyone is invited to drop or find files on a dead drop. Plug your laptop to a wall, house or pole to share your favorite files and data. Each dead drop is installed empty except a readme.txt file explaining the project. ‘Dead Drops’ is open to participation. If you want to install a dead drop in your city/neighborhood follow the ‘how to’ instructions and submit the location and pictures.

Text taked from Dead Drops website.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Yeah, this- with "Scan with RedLaser" and a QR code, with the Android Market and iOS App Store Icons in the corner, with a message saying "Wake Up".

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Great idea. I think some cheap 256mb flash drives or CDs would be great to include in this plan.

Yet being a realist I see this happening.

Society is made up of mostly conforming sheeple who choose to not be aware even when corruption is smothered in their faces. Most of these sheeple have already been exposed, yet have chosen to disregard facts and live in happy ignorance.

This plan may help a small degree to provoke additional curiosity, yet not action. To push them in the right direction they need a little more convincing and this is slowly being done for us by a very special contributor.

This contributor that is indirectly helping the mass population wake up from our zombieculture and see what is really happening is.... Our own governments.

They are doing a fantastic job of throwing cold or hot water on people's faces up on a daily basis with baseless wars, corrupt government, abuse of capitalism, economic collapse, neglect of their citizens, just to name a few. People are getting fed up, angry and intolerant to all the blatant lies and deceit that come spewing out of TPTB and MSM corruption. Basically the sheeple are not falling for the crap any more.

True awareness is being spread by the the same groups who are really wanting to spread false awareness and keep everyone in a blind stupor. One by one, as each person gets screwed by TBTB, the elitists, and/or government first hand they will wake to what's really happening. People are already waking up from these firsthand experiences and changing their mainstream perceptions. I believe the only real way to get people to wake up and react is by becoming the next victim of TPTB. This is happening more and more these days.

Once a person is blatantly lied to, victimized, abused, ignored, or have rights stripped away - they will not trust or support the established powers the same ever again. Right now as I write, this is happening everywhere, so, thank you to TPTB for assisting the cause.

And to do my part, I think I will leave some CD's in strategic places that have titles such as "Highly Classified Information", so when the next person is down and out because they were screwed by TBTP, they will remember the CD and know they are welcomed here at ATS.

edit on 22-6-2011 by matito because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join