It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got an old mobile phone? Use it for one last wake up call...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

My god I love ATS, this thread and the ideas are sweet...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Originally posted by BobbyShaftoe
K, so, this is my 2nd thread so feel free to knit-pick the grammar etc.

*nitpick

Other obligatory line pointing out that I'm too lazy to search if this topic has been covered before.

Oh, see this is where I stopped reading because I'm so tired of seeing NINE threads a day about the same thing. If you're not going to use the search function, at least have the social grace to pretend the search function doesn't work properly.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I'm hoping to inform your future awesome posts.

no worries mate, i hope you can re-read it and see that i was indeed being sarcastic, i too am fed up of seeing nine threads about the same thing, and no i didn't find any other threads on this topic.
but wait, your not even going to read this far down the post duh! what a waste of finger pressing this reply is.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

IMHO you got the right key but you're looking at the wrong keyhole. Most folks already have a cell phone. The probability of someone finding your old cell that will appreciate it is slim. Slim as the chance that person will appreciate the tasty info you packed inside.

Suggestion: donate old cellphones to one of the many charities that will make certain people in need will benefit by your generosity. There are charities that work with law enforcement to make sure people who are in tough situations always have an immediate link to Emergency contact. Other charities move phones to senior citizens that live alone. it goes on and on, so many of them are worthwhile.

I appreciate you want to get the word out on things that really matter. IMHO there are two excellent and affordable ways to do so. First is to speak with people: family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, someone in the laundromat or at the bar etcetera. Don't cram things down their throat. Carefully drop a few seeds in their ears, get them thinking. "You can lead a horse to drink but you can't make it water". Word of mouth gets around. Those who are awake, who get interested, will be more interested the next time they see you.

Second, a very effective and economical way to spread the word is using a well-prepared, spell checked, legible 8 1/2 X 11 printed paper with content carefully chosen. Maniacal rantings turn people off fast. Slide copies under windshields of motor vehicles at fully packed parking lots of supermarkets, malls and department stores. 'Flyers' get local business outstanding return for their advertising dollar. If it benefits business it can benefit mankind too.

Best of luck in your endeavors. Please keep us posted about your actions and results.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Whipped these up. Is this something you were shooting for?

And my favorite one, kinda "Dexterish".

*Edit*
Free for anyone to use and abuse.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Frontkjemper because: See *Edit*

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

LargeFries first off, why donate a phone to someone who can't afford one? So tax payers can pay their bill, and secondly flyers will get you a littering fee, and solicitation violation too. That idea is old news, this guy has a great unique idea for those who want to spread the word of GMO to UFO in the new world, let those people donate it or use it without going to a government establishment to obtain one.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok ..I don't want to sound like an ol' negative nelly here...but..I'm going to tell you exactly how I would feel if I found a phone like that. I would be creeped out, and probably wouldn't take the message seriously, which would take away from the whole idea of why you are doing it.

You can't inform people who aren't willing at some point to be informed, and those that do ,is usually by leading them to a few good links to read ,and it snowballs from there, and they talk to their friends.

To me finding a random phone, with this big apocalyptic type message on it would send off a bunch of red flags.
Now keep in mind I'm from the older generation ..so..I'm not speaking for everybody....I'm just trying to be straight forward about how it might not be too well received by some.

The key is getting people curious enough to at least listen ,or read some of it , and I think that is done more productively through trusted people pointing you in the direction of the information , and just reading it with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You would read it don't lie, your judging a situation that is being analyzed by your brain right now. But, if you really found a phone buzzing somewhere you would read it especially if someone persuaded you to look into it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Interestingly I would be a person who sees it and does not touch it! I do not own a cell phone nor do I use cell phones; I am one of those odd people that never had a need to be "in touch" outside of my regular telephone in the wall.

Of those times when I am in public I simply walk into any store and ask them if they have a "courtesy phone".

There must be others like me out there?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As much as I commend your creativity here & do like the idea...This kind of thing can backfire in a major way.

We would really have to be specific in putting down video & information...as it's easily possible to lead people astray in what we use.

I mean, I could make up any random statement, throw in a few facts, quotes & numbers here and there & Bob's your uncle...One very gullible person tricked into believing a lie.

This idea's great as long as it's done properly..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
How about instead of tossing out phones in hopes some person finds it and goes through the stuff, we upload wallpapers with a phrase from TPTB or something with a link to ATS? Like my last "Dexterish" picture in my previous post?

Think of it as "internet graffiti".

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Interestingly I would be a person who sees it and does not touch it! I do not own a cell phone nor do I use cell phones; I am one of those odd people that never had a need to be "in touch" outside of my regular telephone in the wall.

Of those times when I am in public I simply walk into any store and ask them if they have a "courtesy phone".

There must be others like me out there?

Haha I think I saw a post of yours somewhere else in ATS, where you said you also do not own a TV?

The youth of today would have a heart-attack if they met you & found out you don't own a TV or mobile phone!

Hey, you have a computer though!

I'm sure there are plenty other people just like you!

I'd like to throw away my TV & mobile phone definitely...Causes more problems that it helps.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

You would read it don't lie, your judging a situation that is being analyzed by your brain right now. But, if you really found a phone buzzing somewhere you would read it especially if someone persuaded you to look into it.

Yes ,I might read it , but I would be cautious...especially if it had blood drops as background. (you just can't be too careful nowadays..might even be tempted to bring it to security)

Over the top tactics like that would put the average person off, and they would think of it coming from some radical, over the top group, and give it far less credit. Trust me..its true.

edit on 21-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If you did this plan, than someone who hasn't read this thread would make their own thread saying how they found a phone "that was probably delivered by aliens" which was "trying to wake up all the sheeple"..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Yes ,I might read it , but I would be cautious...especially if it had blood drops as background. (you just can't be too careful nowadays..might even be tempted to bring it to security)

Over the top tactics like that would put the average person off, and they would think of it coming from some radical, over the top group, and give it far less credit. Trust me..its true.

edit on 21-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

I agree...Scare-mongering (in a sense) only works on the real gullible people. Information over-load tends to put off 95% of people...The way you described in your earlier post is definitely the easier way to get somebody's attention.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Good point the blood over does it-I do think the skull background looks cool though, but it sounds exciting like finding the matrix or something. Really that's how I felt as I opened my eyes (or third eye) and looked around.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I do like the one with the skull, I like the sleekness of it. Plus I like the effect you used on the text.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The artwork is nice...the intent is noble (getting people to feel the urgency to wake up)

I applaud all of your efforts to try and make a positive change ,and bring awakening to uninformed humans.

edit on 22-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Good idea and might be even a better idea to just say once you have seen and learnt all please leave this mobile/thumb drive in the same place to pass the same info on if you found it helpful if not please still do the same. Hopefully would reach more people but love the concept

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyShaftoe

a better idea is to get rid of your crappy 'smart' phones
and start using your old phone for the purpose of a PHONE
it wont brake, stays charged for ages, admits less radiation etc....
stop falling for the apple gimmicks and so on

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

thank you for the nice images kidda! i'll be using these.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join