It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Edgar Cayce's Atlantis - Full Feature Available To Watch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
UFOTV put this up on youtube.

This is an hour long documentary on Atlantis, covering some of the search efforts funded by the Association of Reasearch and Enlightement.

ARE - Edgar Cayce

For anybody interested in learning more about Atlantis and Edgar Cayce this is a good video. Lots of information and fairly well up to date.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

A few months ago I watched "Atlantis - Secret Star Mappers of a Lost World" and thought it was pretty cool. I hope this one is as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

I enjoy these types of videos. I like to match their content with known and provable facts. [Which they rarely do] but still, they're fun to watch and speculate on. Edgar Cayce was certainly an interesting fellow.

edit on 21-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shletten

Well, this one isn't super exciting, but it is very informative, if you're interested in learning a little history on recent search efforts.

edit on 21-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by EthanT

I enjoy these types of videos. I like to match their content with known and provable facts. [Which they rarely do] but still, they're fun to watch and speculate on. Edgar Cayce was certainly and interesting fellow.

Let me know if you see anything funny in there as far as facts not matching up. I like to watch for that stuff too. They usually seem pretty sober in their reporting. They found a bunch of stuff but nothing is real convincing, as far as being related to Atlantis, and they don't seem to over-hype it, which is good.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

I would like to thank you for posting this. I really enjoyed it. Hopefully more people will help in the discoveries.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

newsflash they already found atlantis off the coast of spain they have already proven there was an earthquake or something that created a landslide and submerged a small bay that had an island within it.
the sole survivors traveled 50 miles east and recreated a small atlantis as a reminder of their culture end of story
and yes this coincides EXACTLY with what plato or whoever said about it being just past the pillars of hercules
the end

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That was a great video. I love hearing abour Edgar Cayce. Lots of new information, dives and discoveries and more ongoing research.

S & F

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theviruskennewick

newsflash they already found atlantis off the coast of spain they have already proven there was an earthquake or something that created a landslide and submerged a small bay that had an island within it.
the sole survivors traveled 50 miles east and recreated a small atlantis as a reminder of their culture end of story
and yes this coincides EXACTLY with what plato or whoever said about it being just past the pillars of hercules
the end

"A team of researchers say they might have found the lost city of Atlantis, which is thought to have been destroyed by a tsunami thousands of years ago. They believe its ruins could be buried under mud flats in southern Spain, just north of Cadiz. Using deep-ground radar, digital mapping and underwater technology to survey the site, archaeologists and geologists believe they found the city buried in the marshlands of Dona Ana Park"| -www2.macleans.ca...

i'd say no ... might maybes could's all scream hearsay to me lol .

now edger sleeps on books and learns them ? how was this confirmed?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

the end

Newsflash.

It doesn't coincide EXACTLY with anything else Plato said.

Of course, Plato was making it up.

Harte

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Im assuming it was the witnesses that saw him do this. We weren't there so we don't know for sure. Either way, President's went to him. Amazing man with an amazing ability, practically proved beyond a doubt there is a universal consciousness.

I will watch this tomorrow, too tired now.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thank you for an entertaining hour! I'm on the fence as regards Atlan(tis)/Mu, but this doc. definitely had one of the most balanced presentations of the evidence, being quick to acknowledge the research of all concerned.

It's refreshing to see that there are yearly expeditions to the area for continued research, as this is the only way to gather new evidence. The hurricaine-related changes to what is actually visible must make the work an exciting pain in the *ss!

Excellent thread!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Glad to hear some of you enjoyed the video.

I too find it refreshing to know that they have yearly expeditions there. I'm often frustrated by the lack of work being done in Egypt, when it comes to finding the Hall of Records. But, at least, with the carribean side of things, they're trying "something" every year.

Still, I get a bit impatient even then. Like the one spot they found 100 feet down on a 10,000 BC shoreline. What's taking them so long to get back there again? I know it's only been a year since it was discovered and there are seasonal things to think about, but if it was up to me I would have been back the next day with a full-scale armada

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
great vid - thanks for posting. UFOTV kinda rulez! anyways on to the more relevant matters

Edgar Cayce's reading/predictions were so accurate that if he hadnt started going on about unknown and potentially unknowable mysteries, i think that the world's view point on ESP would be drastically different today. and what we are doing here is speculating; speculating that based on the pinpoint accuracy of all other provable predictions (stock prices, medical diagnostics to name a couple), the accuracy of his more "outlandish" ("out-sea-ish? eh? eh?) predictions may be trusted.

unfortunately, to paraphrase the host "stuff is hard to find underwater" and 10,000 BC is a long time for anything to survive. yes, monoliths and stacks may have survived but toolmarks or ancient graffitti etc? forget about it. we'll be getting really lucky if we find any of that. so the question remains, will we ever find any empirical evidence of this civ. existing, and is the existence of such evidence even possible given the nature of underwater ruins?

one thing is for sure - the information presented on the bimini road seemed to approach the scientific conclusion that it was manmade - and seemed to imply that if enough research was done on this that such empirical evidence would emerge.

edit on 23-6-2011 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O. because: to add stupid joke

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
got all cornfused trying to quote then edit then reply: this is in reply to seed of chucky

haha mights and maybes are the illegitimate children of shoulda woulda and coulda

that edgar cayce slept on books and learned them was confirmed in the way all things were confirmed at that time, through vocal claims and newspapers. if such a claim were to be confirmed today, you would have to moniter someone with video from the time they learned to read up to the time you did the testing of said skill in order to ensure that they did not memorize the book (photographic memory is recognized by modern science), then fake not knowing it, nap, then recite it. so it pretty much cant be confirmed, because the control in that experiment is cruel inhumane and time consuming.

now the claim was made by his father, whom would have the most accurate knowledge of what books edgar had read, and what books he had memorized through osmosis. so it all remains in the realm of speculation. however a decent biography of edgar cayce (this particular vid only skimmed the surface) may convince someone of this story's validity. i watched a great one the other day and am looking for it now - will post when the caffeine kicks in or when youtube stops acting funny

edit on 23-6-2011 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O. because: (no reason given)

Adding: the episode of history channel: decoding the past: the other nostradamus is a perfectly fine lightweight bio on Cayce
edit on 23-6-2011 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O. because: more info!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

the end

Newsflash.
It doesn't coincide EXACTLY with anything else Plato said.
Of course, Plato was making it up.

Plato wasn't making anything up. He just took the legend 2nd hand from a Sais priest. It's really the Brits who distorted the whole legend when they translated it into English. For the Greeks, who speak Greek and read Plato in their own native tongue - the name of the sunken island isn't even "Atlantis" but rather the name of the island is "Atlas". It was Atlas who was the son of Poseidon.

But in the 1800s, the British took and distorted the legend when they translated it into English. More like the Brits were trying to steal the legend from the Greeks in an attempt to pass it off as their own. And it was in the 1800s that the British coined the world "Atlantis". They made up the word from their misinterpretation, specifically of the Pillars of Herakles.

To the Greeks reading Plato in their native tongue - the Pillars of Herakles used to exist on the island of Rhodes and were destroyed by an earthquake. Since the original legend was told from the perspective of Sais Egypt- that meant the entry to the Aegean Sea (by Rhodes) was where the Pillars were. So all Greeks speaking their own native tongue look for the sunken island described by Plato in the Aegean Sea.

But the Brits trying to steal the legend from the Greeks to pass it off as their own - they in the 1800s tried to claim that the Pillars were the Strait of Gibraltor - thus placing the sunken island in the Atlantic Ocean. And that's when the British created the word "Atlantis". Because in the Greek tongue, the island is simply called "Atlas" and had nothing to do with the Atlantic Ocean.

There is no sunken island in the Atlantic Ocean. The British Isles were connected to France at the Last Glacial Maximum when sea levels were 100-125 meters below present sea level. There's no sunken island off the coast of Spain either. That alleged discovery sits at roughly -10 to -20 meters and was part of Spain's coastline in the past -- so it doesn't qualify as a sunken island.

Just take a look at free nautical maps that exist all over the net. And remember that at the Last Glacial Maximum sea levels are 100-125 meters below present and at the Younger Dryas, sea levels are 75-85 meters below present. Grab some nautical charts and start drawing the coastlines.

www.1yachtua.com...
Lots of free nautical charts there

As for Edgar Cayce - sometimes some of the latchkeys trying to interpret him make up things that he never said. Or people claiming to be psychics with their own predictions try to contend that "Cayce" said it too-- in a vain attempt to try and legitimize themselves. When in fact, Cayce never said those things and they didn't legitimize themselves at all.

The circus group that constantly manipulates Cayce's alleged predictions about Atlantis - most of it Cayce never said at all. They just try to claim he did to try and legitimize their own predictions and interpretations.
edit on 23-6-2011 by MapMistress because: my first attempt at embedding an image

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress

Plato wasn't making anything up. He just took the legend 2nd hand from a Sais priest. It's really the Brits who distorted the whole legend when they translated it into English. For the Greeks, who speak Greek and read Plato in their own native tongue - the name of the sunken island isn't even "Atlantis" but rather the name of the island is "Atlas". It was Atlas who was the son of Poseidon.

Atlantis is a word in Ancient Greek. The Brits didn't make it up. Anyone with eyes can see the word written on this page from Clio, by Herodotus, who died around 425 BC. Clio was the first book in Herodotus' Histories.:

Of course, Herodotus wasn't talking about the same place as Plato. In that snippet from Clio, Herodotus is calling the Atlantic Ocean the Sea of Atlas (or the Atlantis Sea) owing to the Greek belief that Atlas was somewhere in the west holding up the sky..

Atlantis means "of, or having to do with, Atlas" in Greek.

Other than that, I mostly agree with what you said. Myself, I have yet to see a single Cayce prediction that came to fruition legitimately.

Harte
edit on 6/24/2011 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Very good video. Gave me a lot to think on. I had seen some pictures and heard bits about the the road. So it was good to see something more in depth. Also to the person who has the chucky av. Sorry I didn't read your response. Due to the fact that chucky still scares the S#@! outta me.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the video it was a great watch.. It is very informative and interesting any thing that has to do with Edgar Cayce and Atlantis i love to watch ..Wonderful thread S&F

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
After doing quite a bit of researching about the genetic's linked to Atlantis, I came across something that extends beyond coincidence. Edgar Cayce "X" DNA First off, the website above, states that found within Native American tribes, namly the Iroquois, a rare mtDNA haplogroup X has been found within the population. It is in this rare haplogroup X, that the story of Atlantis finally comes to light.

So I began thinking, if there truly was a continent that split the Atlantic Ocean, this halogroup X would be found not only in DNA reminents of the Iroquois, but also in other continent's as well. And I was right. This same halogroup, is found in Northern Africa, parts of the Middle East (Israel) and Europe. Within Europe and the Middle East, two to four percent of the population carry it. At first, I thought to myself, well there goes my theory, if the halgroup X is found in Israel then there is no way, it is Atlantean in orgin. On the contrary, this makes perfect logical sense, as these Atlanteans, would have escaped to area's such a Morocco in Northern Africa in around 10,000 b.c, and upon the formation of the Jewish State of Israel, some of their decendants (now defining themselves by the Jewish religion) would in fact, now be found in Israel.

This brings me to my second point, if Atlantis truly existed, then the creation myth's of the Iroquois and many of their customs, should be extremely similar to creation myth of other groups on the opposite side of the Atlantic. And sure enough it wasn't long before I stumbled upon connections within culture's that were simply too strong to ignore. (Below is the Iroquois Creation Myth)

Iroquois Creation Myth

The myth states "The Sky Woman gave birth to twin sons. One named Sapling who grew to be kind and gentle and the other son named Flint, whose heart was as cold as his name." It is in this idea of the two son's representing opposing forces, that I found within African creation mythology that twins represent the duality, or balance between paired or opposing forces.

It was then that I began researching the commonalities between Native American and Northern African cultures and found that within both cultures, people use red ochre during funeral ceremonies. Even the term "Red Indians", refers to the now extinct, Native American Beothuk tribe. Also, it is interesting to note, that the Beothuk's tribe's language, was unlike that of any other Native American Tribe.
Beothuk Language

For more information on the Red Ochre people look here,
Red Ochre People

Thank you

edit on 7-7-2011 by nickendres because: rewording

<<   2 >>

join