It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Trooper Super Savers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Screw you.

That's right: screw you. You come into my store, want to do four separate transactions, and then have the nerve to get mad at me "for taking forever" when you have to get me to void half the stuff on this transaction because you aren't smart enough to plan it out right. And then, even though you "bought" a buggy full of crap for ten bucks, you want to argue with me over the total.

So, so far, you've held up my line for ten minutes while you talk to your partners and lack the ability to plan things correctly so that I can get you out ASAP. But, then, you have me get a manager out on the floor so that you can quibble over fifty cents. Meanwhile, you're holding everybody else up and making a humongous scene as you practically scream at me because your calculations were that'd it be 11.50, not 12.35.

And what really gets me is that it's always people you can tell have a good bit of money. Lower middle and working class people never ever EVER put me through this crap, even though I wouldn't blame them a bit if they did.

P.S. If you come into my store and do this stuff five minutes before we close, don't expect any sympathy from me or my supervisor.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
you work at a grocery store?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

next time this happens? smack the bitch.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Yeah :/ It's not a glamorous job, and people are amazingly stupid, but it does help pay the bills while I'm in school.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
reply to post by here4awhile

Yeah :/ It's not a glamorous job, and people are amazingly stupid, but it does help pay the bills while I'm in school.

Dealing with the public is about as rewarding as dealing with apathetic clerks these days.

Once finished, your schooling probably won't decrease the amount of jerks you have to deal with but the pay should be better, eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I'm one of those clerks
don't gotta put up with nothin' as co-owner

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Don't worry... the rest of the line was quite aware of who the douche was that was holding everyone up, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Although i think coupons are a great way to save money. Some people really do take it to far, i saw a show on tv about this i cant remember the name of it now. But basically this couple came into the store with her purse literally full of coupons hundreds of dollars worth. That looked like pure hell for the cashier when they wheeled in there three carts to check out.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar

....But, then, you have me get a manager out on the floor so that you can quibble over fifty cents. Meanwhile, you're holding everybody else up and making a humongous scene as you practically scream at me because your calculations were that'd it be 11.50, not 12.35.

Ya know, I was standing in line once when something like this happened over about .35cents. I actually got so tired of waiting I pulled a dollar out of my wallet, and told the lady I'd give it to her if she would just go so I could check out.

Of course, then she started yelling a me too..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I hear you, and I'm so sorry you have to deal with that crap.
i get exactly the same scenario in my job and I swear it takes a serious toll on blood pressure when it happens

Just breathe deeply and then mentally punch them in the face next time!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ha ! Got one for ya ! While standing in line at What a Burger the elderly couple in line ordered one hamburger and the lady said she wasent that hungry and for the clerk to cut it in half..and she said since she only wanted half a burger then she should pay only half ! Clerk said he couldnt do that and she would have to pay full price . The lady said Well where we come from they let us do that .The clerk replied ..this is Texas we dont do that ! Well they got mad and left in their new motor home ..True story..had a good laugh though .

top topics

join