It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Seizes Web Servers, Knocking Sites Offline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
So what is next? An air raid on a server farm? I am afraid this is just the beginning. We are losing the net. I fear it may be in it final days now. I a scared that the INTERNET is on its death bed. If you have any pictures or other files stored on the net some where it is now time to backup all that data to your harddrive or burn some CDs or something before you lose it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

Really? I think my analogy is not all that false. The internet has been once described as a virtual super highway system. So, blocking one small area of usage is like cutting off a single roadway in a system of roadways. The only people affected are the people that travel that specific roadway, rather than shutdown the criminals that would find alternative paths.

Your counter analogy is not false, I wont debate that. But if you look at how I phrased it, mine is also not false.

As for the internet being under attack. Yes, I agree that there are many areas of the net that are under attack from the cyber cops. They are using blunt force attacks because they are not smart enough to use stealth or compete with the criminals in their own arena. It is largely because this is a fairly local federal investigation that is targetting a worldwide scale of attacks. The "criminals" in this case are from all over the globe, taking advantage of countries like Iceland and Netherlands that have net netrual rules in place and they are using combined efforts to publish their attacks. The FBI and the CIA are "outgunned, outnumbered, outwitted" and the only means they have to counter this is to pull the plugs.

While this attack does seem more like using a tank to patrol a playground, it will still not be effective. There are just to many other avenues. I dont think the net is going to come crashing down around us, but I do see limits in our near future.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
bump....

hope that's allowed - this is really important and not in the active threads!

<< 1   >>

join