It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israeli Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A simple question..no I'm not anti-semitic or a nazi or anything like that..now that THAT'S out of the way...

I pose this..

If the US were to distance itself from Israel, would terrorism and hatred towards the US diminish?

How would the US do this and not piss off Israel?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Actually, that would only be one part ot the equation. We would have to COMPLETELY move all our interests both military and civilian before the extremists (terrorist) groups would be somewhat satisfied. Note they would not be completely satisfied until we (the western countries) are dead and gone. This is from their numberous statements of their ultimate goals.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtandchristie

If the US were to distance itself from Israel, would terrorism and hatred towards the US diminish?

Due to our (and the world's) dependence upon mideast oil, we would still have to remain deeply militarily involved in the region. So no, I don't think this would substantially change terrorist hatred towards us.

What it would do is greatly embolden the Palestinian terrorists and their state sponsors. Israel would be freed of our restraining influence, and would react strongly in their self-defense. This would quite possibly lead to a regional war.

IOW, this is a supremely bad idea.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok...should the US distance itself AT ALL from Israel? After all, they are getting the largest chunk of our foreign aid..we seem to be the only ones siding with them on UN resolutions..pissing off most of the UN in the process..i.e. Europe...with relations already strained with the EU, with some exceptions, can the US afford to unconditionally back Israel during these times?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No it will not make a differences, the terrorist roots against US are deeper than just the support of US to Israel it is more of one reason why terrorist groups hates US actually they hate US because this nation have control over other nations something that Islamic radicals are trying to do in the middle east trough intimidation.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Ok...should the US distance itself AT ALL from Israel? After all, they are getting the largest chunk of our foreign aid..we seem to be the only ones siding with them on UN resolutions..pissing off most of the UN in the process..i.e. Europe...with relations already strained with the EU, with some exceptions, can the US afford to unconditionally back Israel during these times?

I'm not sure what "distancing" it is you're calling for. Perhaps you could give some specific examples.

We have our policy disputes with Israel, and we have publicly stated so on many occasions. No doubt that will be so in the future. But Israel has been and will remain a valuable strategic ally. It would be foolish to throw that away, not to mention strategically dangerous.

Yes, we give them a fair amount of aid. So too do we to Egypt and Jordan. I consider it money well spent. And it certainly pales in comparisn to the vast amounts we have pumped into Iraq, and will continue to do for years to come.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The war and hatred has nothing to do with Israel or the jews-this is a war that has been going on for thousands of years

the islamic fanatics want you to convert or die -there are no jews or israel in the philippines or thailand or,or india, china,the islamic fanatics are killed and burning christian churches and hindu temples.

same in india vs pakistan--- hindus and christian churches are being burned down by islamic fanatics.

same in sudan no jews or israel there its the moslems vs the black christians-christians are being made into slaves.

israel vs moslems -againg jews vs moslems its sad as in the koran Mohammed married a jewish women and was friends with jews

the world is crazy

I suggest you get the book The Trouble with Islam recommended to me by my muslim friends written by a muslim who has courage

Its the book on top
here is the link
www.monicacrowley.org...

they want christians and all non moslems to convert or die

As a christian i believe that only

only when ufos land with lizard people will we stop killing each other on earth

[edit on 9-8-2004 by bigal66]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by x_y_no

Due to our (and the world's) dependence upon mideast oil, we would still have to remain deeply militarily involved in the region. So no, I don't think this would substantially change terrorist hatred towards us.

What it would do is greatly embolden the Palestinian terrorists and their state sponsors. Israel would be freed of our restraining influence, and would react strongly in their self-defense. This would quite possibly lead to a regional war.

IOW, this is a supremely bad idea.

regional war? which moslem country(dont forget that they're third world) would declare war on a country that has a far more superior military than them(beyond they're wildest dreams!!!
) and in possession of over 250 nukes?

im sorry, but the only answer for this one is a moslem country with a government that is willing go suicidal!!! its a shame that they'd do this just to attack tiny Israel.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by DJAghetto]

[edit on 10-8-2004 by DJAghetto]

[edit on 11-8-2004 by DJAghetto]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Since the Arabs are taught the Protocol's of Zion as fact from Kindergarten on, there is no way that there will be peace until Israel is destroyed.

Fact.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well let's see,

There are always two sides to everything and here is a side
When Benjamin Padilla strode purposefully across the tarmac at Luanda Airport in Angola on 25 May 2003, he glanced only briefly at the registration letters of the aircraft he was about to board. Ex American Airlines Boeing 727-223 serial N844AA looked scruffy after 14 months inactivity on the ground in Africa, but looks can be very deceptive. Every two weeks since the aircraft first arrived, Angolan ground engineers had fired up the jet auxiliary power unit, cycled all the onboard hydraulic and electrical systems, and used a tow bar to roll the aircraft backwards and forwards a few feet to ensure the tires developed no flats. Tire pressures were maintained, fuel tanks were regularly topped up, and the powerful tri-jet aircraft was maintained in full operational condition.

joevialls.altermedia.info...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto

regional war? which moslem country(dont forget that they're third world) would declare war on a country that has a far more superior military than them(beyond they're wildest dreams!!!
) and in possession of over 250 nukes?

I don't think it would go that way. The first phase would be a very sharp increase in terrorism - both the locla kind and the Syria and Iran sponsored kind. Israel would quite reasonably react by cracking down even more at home, and by striking bases in Syria and Iran. The Syria part of the conflict would, as it has in the past, largely take place in Lebanon, with Israel neccesarily occupying a substantial part of the south.

All this would ramp up the level of terrorist sponsorship in the rest of the region. Thus - regional war without any one Arab nation ever having overtly declared war.

im sorry, but the only answer for this one is a moslem country with a government that is willing go suicidal!!! its a shame that they'd do this just to attack tiny Israel.

Well, yeah, that's a shame. But look at the last nearly 60 years history and tell me I'm wrong.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by x_y_no]

top topics

join