It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found TEMPEST on PDF, 58 pages of info~ The Complete, Unofficial TEMPEST Information Page:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Across the darkened street, a windowless van is parked. Inside, an
antenna is pointed out through a fiberglass panel. It's aimed at an
office window on the third floor. As the CEO works on a word
processing document, outlining his strategy for a hostile take-over
of a competitor, he never knows what appears on his monitor is
being captured, displayed, and recorded in the van below.
Source

This makes for a much more intriguing read than it sounds.

Is always a good concept to bear in mind. One never really knows, till they know.
It has always been an interest of mine, subjects of a covert nature. Ever since that
high school report about Vietnam...

Any way it would be a fun research project to start, for those who have the time to do so of course.

Advances in better, smaller, mobile technology brings the game to a whole new level.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
wow...there's a ton of reading here...some of the techniques that can be used to snoop are almost seemingly effortless if the system isn't shielded...thx for the link it's already an interesting read with quite a few good links...some of it is way over my head too for sure

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is pretty old, in fact Cryptome has also done extensive coverage of Tempest. The source you linked to is great, I recall visiting that link back in the late 90's, early 00's (even so, I'm glad to see it still working...)

Tempest was perhaps a big threat back in the days of the CRT, and plenty of mil-specs came out on "hardening" computers, monitors, and their networks, but LCD's and LED's in use now are much less vulnerable to this form of eavesdropping.

S+F, at least for the nostalgia trip

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Your welcome, feel free to search my other threads, many of them are on this same type of subject.
It's an active hobby of mine to learn more about these forms of techniques.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yes cryptome is my other daily favorite after ATS of course.
I've actually emailed John a few times, and others on that site. Much of what is covered there may be semi sensitive but public none the less.

It has always been a favorite source site of mine for many of postings here.

new topics

top topics

join