It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molecule That "Turns On Immortality Gene"!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sign me up! Who wouldn't want to be recognized as a GOD? The GODS we worship now and likely forever. The only thing this prevents is from you dying at an old age. Everything else would still be in affect. You'd have to be extremely lucky anyways to live past 100 years.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Just so we all know, if this is possible and it works, you know they are not going to give this stuff to the public. Think about it, why would the Elites of the world give us 'immortality' when they want us all dead. If this ever somehow works and people start using it, it will be years and years before it reaches anyone without alot of cash.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but we will never see that stuff hit the shelves unless you can cough up alot of money. And since we know from past experiments, it seems good at first till people test these things and behold, years down the road tumors, cancers, deformations etc.

Sounds like this may not be cut out what they are telling us. Enlarged brains anyone? Simpsons episode lol. Then it gets out of control and your body cells divide exponentially out of control and you explode, slowly and painfully! LOL.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM
We'd die from the band of radiation surrounding our planet but its wierd to think you'd be messing with the divine nature of things

Doctor: "OK then, just take this medication and you'll feel better in a few days"
You: "No thanks, I don't mess with the divine nature of things"

When its your souls time to go, its your souls time to go.

I'd like that time to be determined by me, seeing how it's my soul.

But yeah, a few years ago if you asked me (im 21 now) i would thought it would be cool to live forever

21? You must be very wise by now.

If our human bodies were made to exist forever, they would.
Its only our soul that lives on.

If we can improve them to do so, who's to say they weren't made to?

Dont worry about this reality game we call earth, life.

It's just an experiment .

You've seen too many movies.

Go with the flow or create your own flow

I'll create my own flow if given the option!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I'm not quite sure if I would want to be immortal. It would be cool to live through the centuries and all but I'm just not sure if I would want to or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
at 3:75 u can hear my thoughts on the subject and ali g i would watch the whole thing do haha www.youtube.com...

ali g also believes in immortality
maybe he knows somthing we dont lmao
i always wanted to live forever doubt it will ever happen here do
edit on 22-6-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
With added years there're added stresses. It's not like we will live an extra 50 years partying. Those extra 50 years will be like no other we're familiar with. And another thing, it's common knowledge that even if we never aged passed 25 we would still all die in ~250 years because of other reasons: accidents, diseases, etc. Immortality is probably impossible unless you locked yourself inside a box with infinite resources. Since nothing in this universe exists in isolation (that I know of) then you cannot lock yourself inside a box and thus immortality is unreachable.

If they give us all an extra 50 or 75 years, TAKE IT! Life is to enjoy to improve to share. The stress we feel as we age is just us realizing that reality is consequential. As we age further it will become even more obvious. And as a society we need to think more long-term anyway. We can't go on thinking in terms of 40 years. If people are going to live longer than the 77 years of age then they'll start caring more about what the world will be like after 77 years because they will still be around. This is an important concept, especially if those extra years are good ones.

I think we will always die. We may be able to stretch our lifespans to hundreds of years or so, but the best way to live forever is to not rely on your self because it will not last past the point of death. You have to invest your self in things that outlast your self, like family or knowledge that benefits society. If you focus on your body/self then you will get worse and worse as you age and despair even moreso until your last moments. They call it vanity because it's temporal. The reality is that vanity is just stupidity. It's a wrong investment. BUT health and long life are good for us and help to make our society more long lasting too. In fact, if the average lifespan was only 30, how could our society be as advanced as it's today? More developed nations are associated with longer lifespans not just because of better healthcare but because people hold onto their wisdom longer and develop it further and society receives the bonuses. Our society has benefited from added years and it will continue to as we increase our lifespan, if the past is any guide!
edit on 22-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If nobody has said it yet, I will.

Guns. That will cure anybody's status of immortality

If given the choice though I think I would want to live forever. More days than not I get my amusement from watching the village idiots at work.

An infinite amount of time to keep doing that? In various places around the world?

Sign me up.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You cannot control what other people do. The only thing you can control is your reaction to what other people do. Therefor, if you have stress in your life, that's on you. That's my opinion at least.

Your idea though about an extended life rather than an indefinite one was right on the money. I think you made a very good point there, thank you.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Although I can see the points of some about it being a curse, certainly it would be great to stick around a bit longer!

I'd love to be around when (if ever), we make 1st contact with another race. That would be cool.

Besides, I'd love to learn how to play the piano, AND get the girl
. (Ground Hog Day)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkcaw
I like this (from TA Sciences FAQ section):

If TA-65 is a molecule coming from the Astragalus plant and Astragalus extracts are available in any vitamin shop, why not just buy those inexpensive commercial products?

To answer this question, we purchased four commonly available Astragalus extract products and had them tested to verify how much, if any, TA-65 is present. In all four cases, the testing lab could not detect any TA-65. Their assay is accurate to one part per million. This is not surprising because not only is the TA-65 molecule rare, but extraction processes used by Chinese processing companies normally destroy it. T.A. Sciences uses a proprietary production process that took years of research and over a million dollars to develop.

If TA-65 is a proprietary molecule, created in a lab so it could be patented, then why would you expect to find any of it in the Astragalus root? Also, Telomerase is an enzyme and like most other nutrients, will probably be destroyed whenever you cook, dry, age or process it. My advice: eat the root of the organically grown Astragalus (Membranaceus) plant raw.
edit on 21-6-2011 by monkcaw because: included plant genus

Now this is interesting, I've been searching but i cant remember his name at all, but i remember hearing a famous story/mystery of a man, i think he lived in tibet, who lived for over 200 years, and his body was working perfectly fine. When asked how he did it, he just said it was down to his diet. It's around the chinese area, so this could make the story plausable.

On another note, i dont believe anyone should have the right to immortality, what will happen to our evolution? Would we just stop and stay as we are? What about bad and damaged cells, will they not be killed off? The body has its way of working that has been doing fine since the begining, and i believe it should stay like that untill the end. Yes, medical help is fine, because it only prolongs life for a bit, as well as helping the patiant with their suffereing, but death is inevitable, which is what makes life so precious.

Long Life Myths

A New York Times story announced the death on 5 May 1933 in Kaihsien, Szechwan, of the Republic of China's Li Ching-Yuen (李青云, Li Qing Yun), who claimed to be born in 1736, age 197.[38] A Time article noted that "respectful Chinese preferred to think" Li was 150 in 1827 (birth 1677), based on a government congratulatory message, and died at age 256.[39] Tai chi chuan master Da Liu stated that Li learned qigong from a hermit over age 500.[40]

edit on 22-6-2011 by Trolloks because: to add sources

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I kinda think some of you are missing the point.
If you could live forever, or at least a very long time, things would change. Can you imagine what some rich guys great grand children would say, why did you pollute the river just for money great grandpa? If you had to answer for you crimes well into the future you might reconsider your choices.
I once read that even if you could live forever very few would, being an accident would eventually catch up with you, I think 1500 years was the average before something caught up with you.
Just think of the things you could accomplish. You work your ass off for 45-50 years just to retire, but if you were healthy and had everything paid off you could start a new carrier, travel learn teach.
I don’t think overpopulation would be a problem; people have kids to leave a little piece of them behind. If you could wait until you’re in your 80’s or even 100 before having kids you would have better means to support them have more time to spend with them and more knowledge to pass onto them.
The richest countries have the fewest kids per household. Don’t be afraid of change it will come without your permission. Embrace it, be a part of it. I look forward to it and the longer you are around the better chance you have of making changes for the better.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul47
I kinda think some of you are missing the point.
If you could live forever, or at least a very long time, things would change. Can you imagine what some rich guys great grand children would say, why did you pollute the river just for money great grandpa? If you had to answer for you crimes well into the future you might reconsider your choices.
I once read that even if you could live forever very few would, being an accident would eventually catch up with you, I think 1500 years was the average before something caught up with you.
Just think of the things you could accomplish. You work your ass off for 45-50 years just to retire, but if you were healthy and had everything paid off you could start a new carrier, travel learn teach.
I don’t think overpopulation would be a problem; people have kids to leave a little piece of them behind. If you could wait until you’re in your 80’s or even 100 before having kids you would have better means to support them have more time to spend with them and more knowledge to pass onto them.
The richest countries have the fewest kids per household. Don’t be afraid of change it will come without your permission. Embrace it, be a part of it. I look forward to it and the longer you are around the better chance you have of making changes for the better.

It's between 200 and 350 years, not 1500. There is a man that researches this field. His name is Aubrey de Grey. He has written on it and you could google his name for more information.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't think I could disagree with more!

Originally posted by Trolloks
On another note, i dont believe anyone should have the right to immortality, what will happen to our evolution? Would we just stop and stay as we are? What about bad and damaged cells, will they not be killed off? The body has its way of working that has been doing fine since the begining, and i believe it should stay like that untill the end. Yes, medical help is fine, because it only prolongs life for a bit, as well as helping the patiant with their suffereing, but death is inevitable, which is what makes life so precious.

If you don't want immortality, feel free to not participate but don't make my choice for me. Our evolution? Who's to say this isn't a part of it? Besides, I care more for my living, breathing loved ones than I do for my potentially greater evolved descendants. A short life may be precious, say that of someone who has died too young... but long life can be full of greater meaning, accomplishment and enlightenment.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
I don't think I could disagree with more!

Originally posted by Trolloks

If you don't want immortality, feel free to not participate but don't make my choice for me. Our evolution? Who's to say this isn't a part of it? Besides, I care more for my living, breathing loved ones than I do for my potentially greater evolved descendants. A short life may be precious, say that of someone who has died too young... but long life can be full of greater meaning, accomplishment and enlightenment.

Life has to be enjoyed in the moment. Otherwise Columbus never would have set sail. He simply would have sat down defeated, exclaiming, "In 500 years there will be jets to take us across the seas. It would be only hours for us to arrive there. I'd rather die than waste my time sailing."

But anyway I think there's a lot of fear and unknown in this topic.

And one more thing... Space to expand into is possibly as valuable as competition in terms of evolutionary benefits. IT was once thought that competition was the most important or single driver in evolution. But in recent times the idea that species had room to expand into and this was beneficial to their evolution has been explored and found to be tenable. So living longer is like having room to expand into as opposed to living a short competitive life (arena style).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I heard in the news that Americans are upset by their government not being prepared enough in case of an apocalyptic situation such as a Nuclear Holocaust, Robots going rogue, an Alien Invasion or a Zombie strike. I didn't understand how people could seriously think Zombies a la Resident Evil was a real possibility, I do now though...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Life has to be enjoyed in the moment. Otherwise Columbus never would have set sail. He simply would have sat down defeated, exclaiming, "In 500 years there will be jets to take us across the seas. It would be only hours for us to arrive there. I'd rather die than waste my time sailing."

Don't project your attitudes onto others, I'd never think that way. How did you so definitively tap into the mind of alternate universe Columbus? Surly there are things you do in life even though there are easier alternatives? Maybe even you do those things to "enjoy the moment"?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Don't project your attitudes onto others, I'd never think that way. How did you so definitively tap into the mind of alternate universe Columbus? Surly there are things you do in life even though there are easier alternatives? Maybe even you do those things to "enjoy the moment"?

I was responding to the person you responded to too. I simply was reading and thought about this in reference to something I read the other day. Life has to be enjoyed in hte moment one way or another, whether we live 200 years or only 25. We can't judge how it will happen only that it must. Do you think Columbus would have sailed if he had known that we would have jets in 500 years? I think he still would have, but I think some people would have felt defeated having known that and being in his position. But I think that most of us would mix what we know now and what we know about the future in such a way that the end result is that we live here/now.

I guess I'm arguing that some people feel defeated by the prospect of living 200 to 300 years. So I'm saying don't. Don't feel defeated. Just live. That's what we have to do anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

There would be too many people in the World if this could happen.... way too many... look at all the ones now who dont use protection and are having 5,6 or 7 kids each.... if they were immortal they'd have a hel of lot more....

Unless a limit was imposed on how many kids one can have then it could work.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Well the gene's presence indicates the old testament folks may have actually lived as long as it is said.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Or maybe the gene was naturally there for a time when we numbered only a few thousand and it was more adaptable to live longer.

Please don't grasp onto the necessity for aliens to have done anything when the complete human evolutionary background is now known going back millions of years. Aliens simply aren't needed.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join