It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ok so I know most poster on ATS like well written, spaced out threads. This will not be one of those. This is a rant in its purest form. I'm just going to start typing and stop when I run out of things to say. Please leave any responses whether they be in agreement or criticism. I welcome both. So here goes my rant:

I know the majority of people in this world revolve their lives around money, and up until the last year or so I've been the same way. I busted my butt in college so that I could get a good paying job. I currently work 40+ hours a week at a job I don't like so that I can have as much money as possible. Money runs this world, most here on ATS know that. I think that it has single handedly screwed up our entire human culture. What is money? It's a fake representation of personal accomplishment. People slave their whole lives away for piece of paper and coins?! That, when you step back and look at it from a different perspective, is laughable. People care SOOOOO much about money. But why? Because we're forced to from the second we are born on to this planet. It is instantly taught to us as children that it is the single most important thing on earth that we can gauge our success in life by. It's more important than personal happiness/well being, global happiness and well being, the well being or our beautiful mother earth, and so on and so on. We are brought up to center our lives around money. It enslaves us everyday of the year, and coming to this realization 24 year into my life is a bit of hard pill to swallow. I've srugggled with depression on and off my whole life, until one day i finally realized that all this stuff i worry about (money, looks, popularity and other superficial things) really don't matter! I know that is cliche to say but they are the most true words I could ever speak. They DO NOT matter. What matters is being happy with yourself and making sure the people around you are happy (I believe we have a social responsibility to make others happy, the capabilities of the human mind to create a good world are what truly separates us from the animals. We have the capability as humans to put our minds towards improving so much here on earth. But we waste our minds and lives on nothing. My mind was not created so that I could come up with innovative ways to sell printing software (my job). It was created so that I could further the collective human knowledge base. Another amazing thing about the human brain is our ability to pass ideas on to others. If one person has a brilliant idea or invention, once that idea exists, everyone else has the capability of understand it and building off it. But instead people waste their beautiful minds on pointless jobs to make money. These jobs DO NO matter.

What matters is putting off good vibes so that they positively affect others. Money does nothing but get in the way of these good vibes. Money stresses people out (which can lead to depression, anxiety and a slew of heart and brain conditions), it makes people turn to crime for either a lack or or an excess of (ever notice how the majority of crimes are done by either people with little to no money or people that are so rich they are willing to do whatever it takes to stay that way. You don't see the middle class committing many robberies or tax evasions do you? Also, why do you think so many drug addicts are either poor people or rich people? Drugs numb the pain of having no money or numb the isolation of having too much.). But if people ever stopped and realized that it DOESN'T really matter then maybe not all of the bad things would happen to these people. Money was not around when people were first walking this earth. We were not naturally designed to put up with the stresses of money day in and day out. So when people get so worked up over money that it leads them to making poor decisions, I can't help but think those people would have never been that way if money was out of the picture. It changes people, and it's not fair to them because I'm sure the majority of them have never looked at money from this perspective. They don't understand that it changes them from who the naturally should be. Now one thing I have to say is I understand how essential money is in our current society, but that just makes me hate it even more. There's no way to get rid of it. Ever. We as a people will be bound to this form of financial slavery until something so drastic happens that everyone stops either using it or caring about. And the odds of that ever happening are slim to none. We as a people have become so obsessed over something fake (aka not natural to this earth) that it almost creeps me out. I can't help but shake my head now when I see one of my friends freaking out over a simple monetary issue because to me it's a non issue. Sure I work, make money and pay my bills but I do it because I have to not because I want to. This brings me to another thing.

Money makes us get jobs. Most people don't like their job. Most people don't want to get up at 7am every weekday to go do a job they secretly don't care about. Because of money, I used to hate mondays-thursdays. How absurd is that??? In all reality a tuesday is no different than a saturday, we just have different names for them for our calendar. But because of money I hate tuesdays and love saturdays, and I know the majority of working people would agree. How stupid is that?? Money makes me hate certain days of my life. Or at least it did. I now love every day like its my last. My goal in life has nothing to do with money. It is to be a good person and set a good example for younger generations. To spread my good vibrations over every piece of land I travel too. If everyone lived by this mantra I feel the world would be so different, in a good way obviously. It could even be the same society we were in now. But if everyone realized what money actually is (a tool to enslave the masses), then everyone would stop wasting their lives with all its terrible side affects. It wouldn't change people into criminals, it wouldn't stress people out, it wouldn't make people hate monday-thursday, etc etc. Realize what money REALLY IS (fake) and your life will be so much better! I am the happiest I've ever been and I'm learning new things about myself everyday. I hate money and I am proud to say that. Thank you for everyone that read all the way down to here
Love life and spread your good vibes all the time!!
edit on 21-6-2011 by seberhar because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by seberhar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I don't work for money (itself)...I work for the things I can GET for money.

Things like:

Transportation wherever I want to go, by car, boat or plane.

Food, shelter, clothing, and other necessities.

Medical care.

Going out and having fun.

Gifts for friends.

The ability to help out someone in need.

It's these TANGIBLE things I work for. Money is simply the unit measurement of how much and how well I can do these things.

Money doesn't cause stress. The LACK of it does. Sure, I've heard all of that crap about rich people still having worries, etc. Of course we all have challenges, but all of that nonsense is nothing compared to worrying about how to pay your rent or electric bill.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I love it when I have it and hate it when I don't....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Wow
Busted my butt in college
24 years old
sick of working 40+ hours

your screwed

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Il be the first then!!!

If you dont want it.....il take it off of your hands
Might make life better for me....not sure what would happen to you without it though lol

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Damn money, why can't the government just confiscate our property, put us all to work on farms, and give us rations? Oh wait.....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I probably agree with your long rant. I keep my argument rather simple and easy to convey:

Money is not a problem until you don't have any.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I completely agree with you! "I hate money" is a statement that I make on a regular basis. People will argue that it is required in order to get what they need/want, but I think it works quite opposite... money keeps you from getting what you need and want. The problem is that it's been present since the beginning of our lives, so no one can even imagine what life would be without it. And they fear that they cannot get the same things out of life without it. But all it does is create something to steal from people, something to keep people oppressed. It is a tool for those who control, a tool to create power and then maintain it. And what I think some of the worst damage that money has done is to the environment... all in the name of making a buck or two. If it wasn't for money, we wouldn't be exhausting our natural resources. If it wasn't for money, there would be no need to invade other countries for there resources. If it wasn't for money, the Gulf of Mexico would not be full of oil, the mountains would have trees on them, the sky would be blue and not that dirty smoggy color. I could rant forever about this...

Originally posted by seberhar
What is money? It's a fake representation of personal accomplishment.

Brilliant statement!! I couldn't say it any better (and will now quote you in my debates against the necessity of money)

Edited to add:
Everyone keeps saying that money is a problem only if you don't have it. Let's think about that together for a moment with this simple example... Let's say your rich and I'm not. And that I steal from you to feed myself and stay alive. You are still rich, but it has become a problem for you. Now imagine that on a global scale. Think about your neighbors... do they not create the community you live in? Does that not affect you? Are you that selfish to only worry about yourself and your finances? Are you that blinded by the dollar bills? It is that attitude that money breeds and is a major problem in our society.
edit on 21-6-2011 by MikeyBones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seberhar

I think We should get rid of the need for money by introducing plenum energy. I offer how this might be accomplished in a couple of threads here and a novella in PDF on the ATS media site:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Seriously, if We worked to bring out the extraction methods such that We all could have all the energy We want, money will become moot, and We all will have the choice to live as today's elite do.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeyBones
I completely agree with you! "I hate money" is a statement that I make on a regular basis. People will argue that it is required in order to get what they need/want, but I think it works quite opposite... money keeps you from getting what you need and want. The problem is that it's been present since the beginning of our lives, so no one can even imagine what life would be without it.

Speak for Yourself there, sonny! LOL! [wink] It requires a paradigm shift, but I see quite clearly what life would be like without it (but WITH plenum energy, robots to do what no One wants to do, and the Interweb for governance). I even have a novella here on ATS media:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

And they fear that they cannot get the same things out of life without it. But all it does is create something to steal from people, something to keep people oppressed. It is a tool for those who control, a tool to create power and then maintain it.

Truer works were never typed. [smile]
edit on 6/21/2011 by Amaterasu because: tags

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

What is money?

Interesting You should ask... Money represents meaningful (to anOther or Others) energy expended. To understand this, consider the first farmer or miner: The sun is free. The soil is free. The seed is free. The rain is free. The minerals are free. When either puts forth the energy - to create and maintain a farm or collect the ore - They create a "product." When They sell that "product," They are really selling the energy They used to gain the product.

So... All money is is an accounting of meaningful energy spent. And that's why adding plenum energy will eliminate the need for it: We would replace money with what it represents - making money effectively infinite...which has no social application.

Money is also the soil in which the root of all evil - the love of money - grows. Rid the world of the need for money and You rid the world of virtually all evil.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

Glad some others feel the same way!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have no money
I'm very happy in my poorness

When I had money all I did was stress over it, then spend frivolously to make me feel better, making me have to work more to make ends meet, which caused more stress, which made me want to spend even more....

vicious cycle

reminds me of that old drug commercial - I work so I can get high so I can work more so I can buy more drugs so I can get high and work more so I can buy more drugs so I can get high and work more

gerbils runnin the wheel....

Just replace the word "coke" with one of the new drugs like "WOW"
edit on 21-6-2011 by Forevever because: ♥

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

What's the point of mocking people online? Never understood that. Anyway, all I'm saying is money is the main reason why people commit crime, and I have a theory that if money was never in the picture, the majority of these people wouldn't be considered criminals and bad people. Money changes good people into "bad" people. It holds way too much weight in our global society. And it allows a small group of men to have power over the rest of the world. It separates rather than unites. It leads to crime. It causes prejudice and segregates different races.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Meatman

Lol why am i screwed? You realize there's a whole lot more to life than working and making money right? How about being happy? How about meeting new people, having new experiences and stimulating your sense by experiencing nature? I'm not screwed at all. I think you are for thinking that way :-)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I started the same kind of thread few months ago..so cheers

People who say that one will only worry when there isn't money fails to see the reality. I don't agree with the concept that money is only a form of token. Money breeds depression, jealousy, crime and so on. People work their head off day and night to be like their next door rich neighbor. Whats the point in this?

When someone buys a new car, you want to buy one to compete or show it off. When someone gets a promotion, you want one too. Enough of this petty competition. High time we realize that we are now evolved beings.

There is more to a human life than running after a piece of paper that has stylized numbers and figures

top topics

join