It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorini (Thera) Volcano in Greece might be waking up..!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

Its called a survival bunker, storage of seeds, canning your food, guns and ammo. I live far away from the terrorist countries of NATO. It is not a derail as someone else mentioned. NATO bombs libya, the earth bombs NATO back. Yes i hope entirety of europe is covered in 5 feet of ash, and I do mean it. It is not mass death and destruction, it is only the destruction of the countries responsible for the the pain in the world. Right now NATO is bombing libya, and I would not feel a single hair of remorse if santorini exploded.

Yes it will be bad for the economy of greece as it is for all economies because they are not backed by gold.
edit on 22-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Never was in favor of the war in Libya. And that's not just me, but billions of other people as well. On the opposite, we actively protest against it. Stop being a troll, what you're saying isn't fair and you know it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I am not being a troll. Yes I hope santorini explodes with more violence and force than it did last time and rips apart the entire Mediterranean. The Ash clouds will stop the NATO bombing runs. If that is what it takes for the NATO bombing to stop, then so be it. It is called collateral damage in attempting to stop NATO.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
REMINDER

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I am not being a troll. Yes I hope santorini explodes with more violence and force than it did last time and rips apart the entire Mediterranean. The Ash clouds will stop the NATO bombing runs. If that is what it takes for the NATO bombing to stop, then so be it. It is called collateral damage in attempting to stop NATO.

Just curious here, but did you by any chance have a real bad time at some holiday destination in the Mediterranean

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

No but I did stay at a holiday in express.
Any updates for this volcano? I need to buy some orville-redenbachers popcorn.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Why are you wishing death and destruction on so many people? I agree that Libya shouldnt be happening, but wishing for Santorini to go off to stop it is just plain stupid.

Shoo troll..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Why wish for Santorini to go boom, when Yellowstone could and in the process cut the head off the snake entirely. If you get what i mean... wink wink.
edit on 22-6-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Certainly :-)

They have installed 5 additional seismographs on the island and they will be monitoring the seismic activity.
This activity occurs due to the level of magma rising from the bottom of the volcano.
The quakes are of low intensity, however the focal depth rises more and more towards the surface of the island.
There's low volcanic activity with slow progression but the sulfur smell some times becomes more intense.
The article afterwards points to the history of the volcano noting that the last erruption took place in 1950.
It then describes how the erruption which took place 3500 years ago destroyed Minoan civilisation and compares it to the Cracatoa erruption.
I think this part made me a tad worried because geologists believe that Santorini's explosion was 4-5 times bigger than Cracatoa's

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wasn't there a report about a month ago where one american was killed and 4 others were hospitalised (2 american, 2 mexican) due to a landslide in Oriel(?) on Santorini. The 'official' line was that the landslide was not caused by EQ. However about 48hrs later a EQ occured and caused another landslide in the same area?

Just saying
rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Hey, now you that you mentioned it, I think I remember something like that. Let me look into that and I get back to you! Oh, and the name is Oia

Cheers!
edit on 22-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

[SNIP] Libya.

Those [SNIP] bomb and rape and shoot their own citizens.
NATO is there to aid those citizens.

And dont try and tell me they bomb civilians either. We ALL know there is collateral damage in any combat arena, and though unacceptable, NATO has a very very high rating of accuracy when it comes to bombing.

And on the rare occasions they do miss, they DONT miss on purpose. They DONT hit the wrong target or get the wrong information ON PURPOSE.

NATO should put a stop to tyrants the whole world over.

That said, I also hope the volcano erupts and causes mass extinctions the whole world over.
This planet desperately needs cleansing, it's got the WRONG animal at the top of the food chain.

[SNIP] Libya!
edit on 22-6-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Found it! This is the news article:

www.tovima.gr...

And this is the rough Google translation:
"Santorini

Ugly game played by destiny in a family of Americans who found in Santorini holiday, and ultimately crushed by a rock in Oia. The result was an American tourist lost his life while four others were injured as a result of landslide that took place shortly after 15.20 Monday, near the old port of Oia.

As reported eyewitnesses, suddenly detached a large rock that fell on the path and dragged five tourists aboard a mule, a ride that usually every tourist season thousands of visitors of Oia.

Among the tourists was a family of three from the USA. The 52chronos man crushed by a rock and lost his life, and slightly injured a 23 year-old daughter and 51 years his wife. Light also injured two other visitors and in particular two women from Mexico. All the injured were transported to the health center of the island and their situation is not of concern.

Immediately in nine firefighters arrived with three trucks, who after efforts extricate the corpse of the unfortunate American.

"And last year was a landslide"

As stated in "To Vima", the architect Ms. Panagiota Petridou, which resides in Oia, every afternoon boat visiting the volcano and Thirasia make a stop in the bay of Armenia.

The only access is graduated Armenian traditional pedestrian Oia - Armenia, with about 260 steps. "Travelers are rising in Oia on foot or by mule. Today, Monday, when he spent the last mule with travelers in the middle of the journey was an avalanche of rock that was taller. Hit the mule and one flap to tourists slumped and died, "he says.

Local residents say that last year was no less avalanche victim and that study should be undertaken roof at this point."

As you can see, there is nothing about an EQ causing the landslide, and I couldn't find anything relevant on the net. But it could be a minor one, that couldn't be felt by people...
Or, it could be caused by an EQ that happened the same say as the landslide in Crete (3.5 Richter scale). I know it's a bit strange, but Crete isn't that far from Santorini. What do you think?
edit on 22-6-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial

[SNIP] Libya.

Those [SNIP] bomb and rape and shoot their own citizens.
NATO is there to aid those citizens.

And dont try and tell me they bomb civilians either. We ALL know there is collateral damage in any combat arena, and though unacceptable, NATO has a very very high rating of accuracy when it comes to bombing.

And on the rare occasions they do miss, they DONT miss on purpose. They DONT hit the wrong target or get the wrong information ON PURPOSE.

NATO should put a stop to tyrants the whole world over.

That said, I also hope the volcano erupts and causes mass extinctions the whole world over.
This planet desperately needs cleansing, it's got the WRONG animal at the top of the food chain.

[SNIP] Libya!
edit on 22-6-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

Utter rubbish, completely ignorant, unintelligent garbage. What a malaka.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Can we all chill out until my vacation is over, i mean common guys i know you might hate the human race, but sheez, its like 30oC here and full of tourists...enjoyyyyyyy

Learn to live your life, its way to short to let other's live it for you.
edit on 22-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Just curious here, but did you by any chance have a real bad time at some holiday destination in the Mediterranean

hah it is his own fault,, if you cant read the local menu, dont order the seafood, you just dont know how fresh it is.

Seriously though.... you beleive everyone in europe should pay for NATO's actions in lybia... i take it you are in some way simple? i mean you think an entire continent should pay because there is a teritory/resources scramble being made by NATO countries and disguised as other things that millions and millions (remeber the population of europe would be greatly effected by this) should be killed to prove a point to NATO? what would this achieve??? why would this make you feel better? you think the US would then stop bombing lybia... that wouldnt make any sense, if europe was a war zone, chaos takes over everywhere, they can just march into any lybia/syria etc they want and overthrow the government.... who is going to then stop them?? the countries which ahve treaties to say you dont act likea d#k in war have all been takien ouut by your wished for volcano.... infcat for attitude i hope it happens too... will teach you to look at the bigger picture and not to be so petty and narrow minded.

Also... a military saying... a cave is a grave... if you find yourself in a bunker and things went really really wrong... your a target for survivers... you have somthing they dont.. food shelter etc... got alot of exits in that bunker? a lot of diffrent air supplies? many many many bullets? otherwise you just announced on an open forum where people can find supplies and shelter... where ever you are!

and yes you are being a troll
edit on 22-6-2011 by GonzoSinister because: he is being a troll

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by cerebralassassins

No but I did stay at a holiday in express.
Any updates for this volcano? I need to buy some orville-redenbachers popcorn.

Sorry Prof, as you can see im kinda busy at the moment to worry about a dead volcano and some extinction wish to wipe out the human race

Greeting from sunny mykonos !!!

Trela me Kordela...!
edit on 22-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here is a Google translation of a portion of one of the articles from the OP. The grammar is messed up by Google, but here you go:

The earthquakes occurring is low intensity, but as scientists explain the focal depth is nearer to the surface of the island and the phenomenon is explained by the rising of magma from the bottom of the volcano which presses the cone of the crater. The volcanic activity is of short duration with a slow progression, but in recent weeks the characteristic rotten egg odor that emits sulfur, which exists in abundance in the subsoil of a volcanic island, sometimes becomes ever more intense. Be reminded that there are three active volcanoes in the Helladic area. Volcanoes of Milos, Santorini and Nisyros.

The "monster" who sleeps
The islands of Santorini is world unique phenomenon in volcanic caldera. The crescent moon is known as Santorini, Thirasia and Aspronisi forming an imaginary circle in the middle of which is the caldera of Santorini, the largest in the world. The volcano awakened for the first time before 2.5 million years and continued its activity until today. In this long period have occurred 12 very large explosions. Nea Kameni and Palea Kameni formed by underwater eruptions and are the latest pieces of land in the Mediterranean. The formation of New Kameni began 440 years ago with the last pieces of volcanic lava petrified of just over 50 years. The last eruption was in 1950.

www.zougla.gr

Interesting history of the area.

Be Well
edit on 22-6-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Santorini is not good thing if it blows, it has potential to cause nuclear winter in worst case. Its really close to supervolcano-class. When last major eruption happened, ash fell all around the world, even near poles. Tsunami would cause bad damages around Mediterrean Sea, could even travel over Atlantic Ocean

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There are a group of people on ATS whom have freed themselves from the brainwashing and manipulation, they now see the world as it is, they view all humans as equals. We must all experience death at one point, we all die and nobody can argue otherwise. THE_PROFESSIONAL is one of those people, you may call him a troll but I can truly see through his post and therefore understand his message. What gives the European nations the right to live the good life forever, why should the poor in Africa or Asia starve and suffer? stop being selfish, sooner or later death will come to you, and you just need to remember that no matter how hard or awful your life becomes, life is always fair.

What you do to others will be done to you, you can claim to be innocent, but you didnt stand up for the poor so when the time comes nobody will stand up for you. Stand up for the poor my people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join